Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Couldn't get any of them in time. My hope is that this release helps drive the price of previous YF-19 releases down a bit. I've started to see more and more of them available as the pre-order date got closer so hopefully the pattern continues.

I have to wonder just how many of these pieces Bandai are producing. For a big time Valk like the 25's I could see them being popular with a large portion of the Japanese public being as they were featured so heavily in a successful Anime like Frontier. But a valk that was on screen for a second in the second movie? It's all older collectors and the bunch who didn't want to pay for the Arcadia one. How many of those are left, considering most of the older collectors like me actually can afford to buy the $300 Arcadia one as well.

It really was a zoo this morning.

I count myself pretty lucky to have gotten one at HLJ.

I was hoping (like others) to get one in the first round at NY since their shipping is cheap and they usually don't declare the full value so I'd save on import duty.

Because of that, I took my time checking out of HLJ while refreshing NY. In the end I bit the bullet and checked it out because I felt I was playing with fire.

I was still awake when NY did come up, but just like Amiami and Hobbysearch never even saw an "add to cart" button, just straight to sold out.

Amiami = They'll carry it with a great discount, but your chances of securing a preorder with them are less than getting struck by lightning on a cloudless day.

Hobby Search = They'll carry it with a good discount (usually the same as HLJ), and although your chances are better than Amiami, the chances of actually placing an order are slim, and cart-jacking is highly likely.

CD Japan = They'll carry it with a slight discount (~5%); somewhat better chance to preorder than HS, but still difficult.

Big in Japan = They may carry it, but securing an preorder is still difficult, and sometimes, depending on the item, the require payment upfront.

Anime Expo = They'll carry it, but a very small allocation that sells out in a split second... and they require payment upfront.

Nippon-Yasan = They'll carry it starting at MSRP for the first batch, raise the price 1000-2000 Yen for the second preorder window, and may increase again with every subsequent batch. They offer flexible payment options: pay upfront, pay anytime, pay upon invoicing. N-Y is the go-to retailer of last resort.

HLJ = They'll carry it, but nobody can tell when they'll open the preorder -- could be on the opening day, or a week later, and they sometimes screw up on the ordering limits. Preorder chances are hard to quantify.

Then there are the ones that I do not recommend = Play-Asia (stay clear... you've been warned), and Nin-Nin Games (overpriced from the get-go).

totally gonna add that to my sig so i remember. lol. i'd also add that if you don't mind overpaying by a bunch yesasia seems to carry it and did come through on my ozmas. you'll be paying way too much IMO though. it will save you from stressing too much though. i'm gonna wait until NY puts it back up i suppose. i won't lose sleep if i can't find it. i just want to avoid another ozma situation (placed too many order and different vendors because i was paranoid about them not going though).

Wow: That is nuts!

I hope this ting is fulled with explodium and be the worst toy ever produced...

Just kidding, but I wonder why the rush for this kind of releases? At first sight Arcadia's 19 seems to be far superior to this one. (Although we haven't seen a production sample yet). At less for me the Frontier past packs are just a meh.

I would like to get one of this just because of the articulated hands.

I stayed up to try for the NY POs, but I closed my eyes for what felt like a moment, then opened them and saw the NY posts. I was too late... Disappointed I just went to bed. :( I was able to secure one from HLJ.

Another PO madness done.

Edited by Saburo

So I was in bed anybody care to summarize this preorder? From what I gathered in this thread it was the usual preorder madness except for HLJ and CDJapan where the preorders stayed reasonably long open (like a few minutes)?

I will keep eying this thread and NY if they open up in the next few weeks.

Just wondering if everyone who was attempting to get one on Amiami, HLJ and Hobbysearch had already logged into their accounts before commencing battle?

I had and was wondering if that would make a difference.........

So I was in bed anybody care to summarize this preorder? From what I gathered in this thread it was the usual preorder madness except for HLJ and CDJapan where the preorders stayed reasonably long open (like a few minutes)?

I will keep eying this thread and NY if they open up in the next few weeks.

Summary:

200.gif

Edited by wmkjr

Just wondering if everyone who was attempting to get one on Amiami, HLJ and Hobbysearch had already logged into their accounts before commencing battle?

I had and was wondering if that would make a difference.........

I was already logged in on AmiAmi when the '19 got posted and I was able to start the checkout process, but got cart jacked.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Paypal covers you for 180 days after purchase date....

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/security/buyer-protection

it is 180 days, not 90. It was a change in this year's updated Paypal UA that rolled out with the 2014 Fall Update

Whoever missed out should just wait for Amazon. Ebay is kinda risky with POs

yeah i still agree, it's not worth it

I was already logged in on AmiAmi when the '19 got posted and I was able to start the checkout process, but got cart jacked.

I thought AmiAmi prevented cart jacking - if you were able to add it to the cart, it should've been "reserved" until you were able to check out fully (unless you took way too long)? One reason why they seem to go from "Pre Order Soon" to "Pre Order Closed" in a second.

I remember getting the VF-25F renewal from AmiAmi, added to cart but then the subsequent pages took minutes to load; in the end I was still able to check out with what I had in my cart though (probably 5 minutes or so in total).

that's a good price but i wouldn't do it on ebay. after 90 days you're SOL

I saw this listing and considered it as a backup, but when someone here posted the HLJ link, I went with the sure thing.

Oddly this seller only had 6 Valks to offer at midnight, now they've sold 7 with 5 more to sell.

it is 180 days, not 90. It was a change in this year's updated Paypal UA that rolled out with the 2014 Fall Update

According to eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

They cover you for "30 days after the latest estimated delivery date".....so does that mean 30 days from the pre-order's proposed release date? If so, then you would be covered.

Also, you can only use one buyer protection service...either eBay's, Paypal's or your CC protection.

Seems to me the only risk is that the seller will not be able to fulfill the pre-order, in which case, you would get your money back. And that can happen with any retailer.

In short, unless you have not been able to secure a pre-order anywhere else, then buying one from an eBay seller should be fine.....especially if it is just a redundant purchase.

I thought AmiAmi prevented cart jacking - if you were able to add it to the cart, it should've been "reserved" until you were able to check out fully (unless you took way too long)? One reason why they seem to go from "Pre Order Soon" to "Pre Order Closed" in a second.

I remember getting the VF-25F renewal from AmiAmi, added to cart but then the subsequent pages took minutes to load; in the end I was still able to check out with what I had in my cart though (probably 5 minutes or so in total).

Same thing happened to me

Edited by AlphaOne

That was how I was able to order the 25A from Amiami. I even had time to use the toilet and think about the order before coming back 5 min later to complete it.

Unfortunately, most of the time, you won't even get to see the pre-order button, much less click on it.

This was AmiAmi's response (couldn't complete the order because it asks for your password to complete it, even though I was already logged in):

Hi.

Thank you for mailing us.

Please note that only adding your item to the cart would not complete the
purchase. You will have to actually place an order for the item before we
can process your order. If you are having other troubles with the website,
we would suggest you to clear the cache/cookies of your browser and try ag
ain.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you for shopping at AmiAmi.

AmiAmi