Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Actually, one thing I find funny is that the shape of the underside of the nose is closer to one particular piece of YF-19 lineart than the Arcadia version.

Unfortunately, it's also an ugly piece of lineart that has a really uneven curvature underneath, and a bulbous center section that doesn't give the plane clean lines at all. :p Can't get to the pic from my phone, or I would link it.

Edited by Chronocidal

looking at the pics in my thread, yeah i need this in my life, like 2 of them. i still think the original fighter mode on the arcadia is better but they aren't technically the same valk so its still not an apples to apples comparison but oh well. getting this....super packs look pretty good on there too. wonder if this valk will also show up in macross delta somehow.

Actually, one thing I find funny is that the shape of the underside of the nose is closer to one particular piece of YF-19 lineart than the Arcadia version.

Unfortunately, it's also an ugly piece of lineart that has a really uneven curvature underneath, and a bulbous center section that doesn't give the plane clean lines at all. :p Can't get to the pic from my phone, or I would link it.

I'm curious what you're referring to.

I would like to see a straight on side-shot of this thing. Everything has been off-angle by a bit.

I think perhaps no one has taken that picture because the super parts would be in the middle. This is the closest I've found to a side-shot:

post-12283-0-28374000-1416863014_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reïvaj

I'm curious what you're referring to.

It's nothing too terrible, but a lot of the original YF-19 lineart has a very uneven looking gullet. It's not about the size exactly, but more about the curvature of the underside.

More modern interpretations of the design have a very smooth curve from the nose tip to the landing gear area, while the original art shows more of a bulbous center section where the panel that becomes the underside of the chest is located.

It might be accurate to some of the art, but I've never liked the way it looks when the belly has that shape. It just doesn't look aerodynamic at all.

Pics would help I'm sure.. here's one where that panel under the nose bulges out..

yf-19-gerwalk-ventralfront.gif

But here, you've got a continuous curve from the nose to between the intakes.

yf-19-gerwalk.gif

It might be the way the assembly looks a little sloppy, but the underside of the nose looks like it's trying to look like the first picture. To me, it just looks like the plane is having trouble swallowing something. :p

Really though, it's not even as bad as the lineart, and it's honestly annoying me that I even noticed the difference. :lol:

Edited by Chronocidal

I think perhaps no one has taken that picture because the super parts would be in the middle. This is the closest I've found to a side-shot:

*snip*

Bonus points for having "no gullet" but this 19 is so stylized, even in Fighter Mode. That's not necessarily a bad thing but I'm less and less inclined to try and do any direct comparisons to the Arcadia YF-19.

This because the design inspiration (for lack of a better term) seem so different between the two releases (or released YF-19 vs. prototype VF-19). Line-art vs. stylized/animated model.

-b.

Or the FAST packs would be explosively detached automatically. You'd have to rip off a big Post-it note with the word "DON'T" written on it first though.

It's nothing too terrible, but a lot of the original YF-19 lineart has a very uneven looking gullet. It's not about the size exactly, but more about the curvature of the underside.

More modern interpretations of the design have a very smooth curve from the nose tip to the landing gear area, while the original art shows more of a bulbous center section where the panel that becomes the underside of the chest is located.

It might be accurate to some of the art, but I've never liked the way it looks when the belly has that shape. It just doesn't look aerodynamic at all.

Pics would help I'm sure.. here's one where that panel under the nose bulges out..

Ah, I see. I noticed that too. I wasn't sure if I was crazy or being hypercritical but something about under the nose kept on bothering me too. Now that you've pointed it out that's exactly what I was seeing too.

I'm not convinced all of these stylized tweaks will be to my liking but I'm willing to buy one because I'm curious how they've implemented some of the toy. I still maintain they did some good stuff on the HI-Metals even though I thoroughly hate how fighter and gerwalk look.

I wonder if Bandai's VF-19 will have a nose-cone that locks in place in fighter mode.

I'm surprised no one has commented that Arcadia's YF-19 nose-cone does not hold in place.

Or is mine the only one?

I wonder if Bandai's VF-19 will have a nose-cone that locks in place in fighter mode.

I'm surprised no one has commented that Arcadia's YF-19 nose-cone does not hold in place.

Or is mine the only one?

Maybe you have the nose mistransformed. Check to see if the black tip fowardmost of the cockpit is correctly seated. It recesses for battroid.

What are these T-Rex super packs people are talking about?

Are there super parts for the Arcadia YF-19?

They were sold at this last Summer WonderFest as a limited release item. Super rare and pricey as I believe only 40 (20 of each color) were produced. They are for the Arcadia YF-19 and there is a set of pics a couple of pages back.

TR11.jpg

GERWALK looks fine with these. Too bad not everyone can get them.

Edited by wmkjr

They were sold at this last Summer WonderFest as a limited release item. Super rare and pricey as I believe only 40 (20 of each color) were produced. They are for the Arcadia YF-19 and there is a set of pics a couple of pages back.

TR11.jpg

I would say GERWALK looks 'possible' but I'm guessing there are some serious range of movement issues there.

No more than the 25's had.

The only thing that makes me think it might be worse is it looks like the arms need to be rotated forward at the shoulder to make space for the boosters but that might be an optical illusion and just the way it happened to be posed.

Those Frontier Packs look really out of place on the VF-19, to me anyway. I can appreciate trying to make it fit into the Frontier-verse, but I think they should have eschewed the wing packs in lieu of maybe some beefier leg packs or wrap-around armor like the VF-171. The 19's wings are kibble enough on their own in battroid without large Packs hanging off of them. Moreover, that spells shortened life on that wing root joint before it becomes floppy, unless it contains a robust ratchet.

My own preference is to leave my YF-19 naked, as I love its design, and FAST Packs don't enhance its appearance as well as some of the other valks, the VF-1 most notably. Just my opinion.

I don't mind the packs in fighter mode so much, but have to agree they're horribly clunky and out of place on the design otherwise. They're just so out of place in battroid mode, and Bandai clearly has no faith in the joints' ability to hold them up so they don't drag on the ground.

On the plus-side though, if it means we never have to look at the atmospheric VF-19 packs again, I'm perfectly okay with the updated design. ^_^

TR11.jpg

tumblr_lpze63cKTn1qadhe0_zps5dfb2a42.gif