Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Crap! :wacko: It actually looks far better than Arcadia's :o ... look at the intakes, for example... and all that tampo :wub: . Sigh... there goes more of my money. Note to Bandai: Make this a Tamashii exclusive so I, and many others, won't have to lose sleep and sanity during unbearably fleeting pre-order windows. <_<

Crap! :wacko: It actually looks far better than Arcadia's :o ... look at the intakes, for example... and all that tampo :wub: . Sigh... there goes more of my money. Note to Bandai: Make this a Tamashii exclusive so I, and many others, won't have to lose sleep and sanity during unbearably fleeting pre-order windows. <_<

YES!!! Agree x 1,000,000

I'm the opposite :wacko: It has weird proportions in fighter. Dont like the shape of the canopy and the forward fuselage at all. The intakes are nice but not lineart accurate.

I'm very satisfied with my Arcadia YF-19 but it's great for the people that like bandai's version. More macross valks is always a plus.

Green VF-27!

Hmmn. I don't see leg armor, unless they made it green. Could just be the original on display to look cool, not indicative of a new version/rerelease. (Like the Ozma 29 there too)

The coloring reminds me of the sample/prototype Grace DX, so it's likely it's the EXACT same one.

It could definitely be there just a toy lineage thing. However, since the tools for the VF-27 were updated for Brera's SP version, any possible release of any future VF-27 would be to the same specs as Brera's. Here's hoping Bandai does release a Grace/CF VF-27 v1.5.

Edited by mechaninac

It could definitely be there just a toy lineage thing. However, since the tools for the VF-27 were updated for Brera's version, any possible release of any VF-27 would be to the same specs as Brera's. Here's hoping Bandai does release a Grace/CF VF-27 v1.5.

Nobody here wants that more than me, but at this point I have little hope.

Well, that 29B was unexpected. The color scheme is nice but that visor color is not terribly attractive.

On topic the Fighter Mode for the VF-19 is wonderful, except this is one time where the canopy tint really takes me away from the "good" like all of the tampo printing and sleek profile (at least at that angle) and just draws too much attention in a negative way.

And agreed, approx. $ 200 (+ or -) for the 19.

-b.

I would caution against lavishing too much praise on that 19 just yet... we don't know if there's some minor parts swapping or something silly yet.

Parts swapping wouldn't bother me (looking at the black neck cover in Fighter mode right off the bat), it's the "something silly" that's sure to turn up that will grind my gears.

-b.

The VF-19 is looking good in fighter mode, the canopy is larger than I was expecting. Overall I am happy with how it looks, hopefully Bandai releases more photos and details on it.

Another 29, the 29B color scheme is looking great. This will be added to my collection. :)

Yeah, I don't trust that angle on the YF-19. The gunpod looks like it's drooping just as far as the Arcadia, too. And the shoulder parts really look cheap being that inaccurate to pretty much every source on what they look like.

Might grab one or two, depends on how ludicrous the pre-orders and pricing are. Also, whether or not the fast packs will be removable, because I don't trust Bandai to make such an obvious feature standard. <_<

Funny though, what is it with everyone painting that black on the upper neck so wide? Arcadia did it too, it's supposed to reach down to the canards, not dip below them.

Edited by Chronocidal

Guess they're having some trouble keeping the back of the fuselage together?

Hopefully just a display set-up error.

Can't really see very well, but it looks like the neck cover for fighter mode is integrated into the shield?

Dunno, to me it looks like from front to back you have the black neck cover, head, shield.

-b.

*EDIT* - thanks for all of the pics!!!!!

Edited by Kanedas Bike

Some different angles: credit TagHobby

super03.jpg

Is it just because of that Frontier/SMS-stand and the FP-boosters that the fighter-mode is wtf gappy?

It should click together securely better than that, regardless of the FP-booster's weight and/or SMS-stand plug.

Edited by treatment

Hmmm. Not sure how I feel about that 19. Something just feels off about it. The canopy maybe looks too large? Or the neck seems too short? That black stripe going down the neck seems to get wider near the end there. Also the shoulder pods definitely look too tiny.

Looks like the canopy is indeed a single piece rather than the split type. Interesting that there is no indentation in the leg armor to accommodate the wings like the Arcadia and Yamato versions do.

Looking at the battroid pic, they've got some serious weirdness going on with folding panels on those legs. I'm not sure what to think they're for, but maybe that's how they avoided the missing chunks behind the thighs?

And why can't anyone ever figure out that the first thing people want to see about the YF-19 is the profile? What is so hard about taking a pic from the side that shows the shape? <_<

But yes, from the back view, that black on the neck looks really wrong.

Edit: And ooooh, look at that, the tails fold over like the Arcadia. :p

Edited by Chronocidal