Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

That's some unkind rounding. At 1/60 scale the V2 VF-25 would stand 24.16CM tall. The toy stands 24CM tall... so almost spot on 1/60. Similarly, fighter mode should be 31.2CM long and it pretty much nails it. So it's fair to say with exception of the Monster, the DX scale is 1/60, not 1/65ish.

I always thought the VF-25's were slightly smaller, but that's why I included the "AFAIK" lol

The bigger draw is, when the DX VF-1 line hits, how will Arcadia handle having a competitor selling the same thing for only 130$ with a stand.

Competition is always good, I'm not sure Arcadia is strong enough for that. They'd have to rely on new molds, or at least never done before schemes.

Thinking back, I acquired most of my Yamato VF-1s for under $100, even without sales going on. The fast packs bumped that to about $130, which felt reasonable for the amount of detail that was in those packs.

But if Bandai tried to do a VF-1, would they follow the same pattern as they have with the VF-25s? That would most likely result in a bare VF-1 with an ugly-as-sin stand for about $120. Then the fast packs would probably come later as a web exclusive, and include all of the missiles, along with hard-pointed wings.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I would much rather skip the stand entirely, and get some missiles from the start, because it's highly unlikely I'd ever use an included stand. Neither Arcadia nor Bandai can seem to design a stand I'd ever want to see, let alone make room for, on my shelves.

Now.. as far as this YF-19 is concerned, I'll be interested to see how they design the transformation differently, and might buy one just to have one in SMS markings, but I'm not looking forward to the hoops I'll have to jump through to order one. <_<

when it hits??? that's some big assumption.

Agreed. And as mentioned, a DX Chogokin VF-1 would have to be amazing to induce me to re-re-re-collect the same model and simply box up all of the Yamato VF-1's in my collection (and all (3) of the Arcadia VF-1's they released remain in their boxes).

And with that, who cares about a VF-1 in a VF-19 thread? Seriously.

-b.

Agreed. And as mentioned, a DX Chogokin VF-1 would have to be amazing to induce me to re-re-re-collect the same model and simply box up all of the Yamato VF-1's in my collection (and all (3) of the Arcadia VF-1's they released remain in their boxes).

And with that, who cares about a VF-1 in a VF-19 thread? Seriously.

-b.

Discussion in a stale thread, as nothing new as been said, why's not to discuss the future seeing how we just got a shot in the dark, out of nowhere release.

Ya know, Yamato started doing the YF-19 that Arcadia released because the VF-19Kai and other releases were received so well. Maybe Bandai will give us new Mac7 valks if the DX VF-19Advance is received really well. I know we all are dying for more Fire Valkyrie options.

That's some unkind rounding. At 1/60 scale the V2 VF-25 would stand 24.16CM tall. The toy stands 24CM tall... so almost spot on 1/60. Similarly, fighter mode should be 31.2CM long and it pretty much nails it. So it's fair to say with exception of the Monster, the DX scale is 1/60, not 1/65ish.

If anything, the Yamato/Arcadia stuff tends to be oversized.

Here are some actual toy scales I calculated for comparison based on fighter length:

Vehicle: In-fiction size : toy size : scale (rounded to nearest 1's place)

SV-51: 22.77m: 14.88in: 1/60 scale

VF-0: 18.69m: 12.5in: 1/59 scale

VF-1: 14m: 9.6in: 1/57 scale

VF-11: 15.51m: 11.38in: 1/54 scale

YF-19 v1: 18.62m: 13.38in: 1/55 scale

YF-19 v2: 18.62m: 13.5in: 1/55 scale

YF-21: 19.62m: 13.5in: 1/57 scale

VF-25: 18.72m: 12.44in: 1/59 scale (I don't recall if I made that measurement based on the v1 or renewal)

VF-27: 18.8m: 12.5in: 1/59 scale

VB-6: 29.78m: 10.5in: 1/112 scale

Edited by MacrossJunkie

If anything, the Yamato/Arcadia stuff tends to be oversized.

Here are some actual toy scales I calculated for comparison based on fighter length:

Vehicle: In-fiction size : toy size : scale (rounded to nearest 1's place)

SV-51: 22.77m: 14.88in: 1/60 scale

VF-0: 18.69m: 12.5in: 1/59 scale

VF-1: 14m: 9.6in: 1/57 scale

VF-11: 15.51m: 11.38in: 1/54 scale

YF-19 v1: 18.62m: 13.38in: 1/55 scale

YF-19 v2: 18.62m: 13.5in: 1/55 scale

YF-21: 19.62m: 13.5in: 1/57 scale

VF-25: 18.72m: 12.44in: 1/59 scale (I don't recall if I made that measurement based on the v1 or renewal)

VF-27: 18.8m: 12.5in: 1/59 scale

VB-6: 29.78m: 10.5in: 1/112 scale

thanks for the numbers, MJ! i recall a scene with the vf-27 in front of the vb-6 (brera telling alto that he's not good enough to protect ranka i think) and the vb-6 just dwarfed the vf-27...

Glad to see these numbers brought up. I made a comment before on a different thread saying that the Bandai's were more consistently in scale with each other (with exception of the VB-6 obviously) as compared to Yamato/Arcadia's offerings. But some were quick to dismiss that and felt Yamato did a better job with scaling even though the images and/or numbers clearly show otherwise.

i think for me the issue with a new VF-1 isn't about what they can improve, it's about what I have now. i have 7 VF-1's from Yamato, and if they do the M&M's again I'll go up to 9. if u average that to about $200 a plane that's $1400. Now for me collecting is about having a definitive version of a toy. the new Arcadia 19 surpassed the old one sop dramatically, it got replaced on my shelf, I dont display the older one.

but the 1's are a great toy. The look good in both modes, they pose well, they're fun and easy to transform and they have decent detail and tampo. Sure there are fixes/changes you could make but... Do i need those fixes? Are they so much better that plonking down another $1400 to replace the ones i have is worth the effort? i honestly dont know what eatures a new 1 could incorporate to make me do that.

Now I only got the TV 1's, so if Bandai makes some new ones and they look good i may grab some DYRL versions of the fighter. And i suppose if Arcadia DOESN'T release the M7M's i may get those 2. but I'm not starting again because the ones i have a great toys.

Hell, The only reason I'll get Bandai's 19 is the SMS markings and different packs. If it was the Mac+ plane straight up i'd skip it; i already have a cool one of those!

There is always the option to sell off the old for the newer and superior thing.

Just saying.

There is always the option to sell off the old for the newer and superior thing.

Just saying.

Except i panel line and do a lot of work on all my fighters, dropping their overall price. Which means i'd take a loss, have lost the time and energy I put in AND have to do it again on the new ones

i think for me the issue with a new VF-1 isn't about what they can improve, it's about what I have now. i have 7 VF-1's from Yamato, and if they do the M&M's again I'll go up to 9. if u average that to about $200 a plane that's $1400. Now for me collecting is about having a definitive version of a toy. the new Arcadia 19 surpassed the old one sop dramatically, it got replaced on my shelf, I dont display the older one.

but the 1's are a great toy. The look good in both modes, they pose well, they're fun and easy to transform and they have decent detail and tampo. Sure there are fixes/changes you could make but... Do i need those fixes? Are they so much better that plonking down another $1400 to replace the ones i have is worth the effort? i honestly dont know what eatures a new 1 could incorporate to make me do that.

Now I only got the TV 1's, so if Bandai makes some new ones and they look good i may grab some DYRL versions of the fighter. And i suppose if Arcadia DOESN'T release the M7M's i may get those 2. but I'm not starting again because the ones i have a great toys.

Hell, The only reason I'll get Bandai's 19 is the SMS markings and different packs. If it was the Mac+ plane straight up i'd skip it; i already have a cool one of those!

I feel the same way and I also think the market has already been oversaturated with VF-1 products already. I think the only way I would even think about getting another VF-1 if one ever comes out is if it is a leap in improvements and quality in the way that the 1/60 v2 was over the v1. Perhaps I would get some I don't already have, but I likely wouldn't replace the ones I already have in my collection.

It's pretty easy to keep all of the 25/27/29's in scale with each other when THEY'RE ALL THE SAME PLANE.

Here are a couple other non-YF24 based valks just for fun:

VF-171EX: 15.65m: 10.44in: 1/59 scale

YF-30: 18.84m: 12.5in: 1/59 scale

One thing to keep in mind though is that Bandai has had the benefit of working with VF designs that were made with CG models from the get go rather than interpreting hand drawn line art.

The MZero designs are also really close probably due to the same reasons.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Yep. I think it's pretty clear that the DX line for Macross is geared towards 1/60 scale. There was more variance in the Yamato stuff, but we still consider it to be 1/60 even though some could even be considered 1/55 scale. Both versions of the YF-19 were very oversized. At least Isamu went on an intensive weight loss program going from v1 to v2.

It would be a very agressive movement from Bandai against Arcadia to announce a striking DX VF-1 Toy precisely now when Arcadia has planned to release its VF-1J GBP armor version, I suppose it would kill Arcadia... Maybe in 1 or 2 years and only after the new show is aired and including that VF-1 Advance in plot to become a DX Dream toy ...Who knows what may happen?

Edited by VALKYRIE ACE PILOT

Nope. Still no news about the VF-19.

Maybe you guys can start a Scale Accuracy Thread and a DX Chogokin VF-1 Because We Have Nothing Else to Talk About Thread and stop bumping this one up when there's nothing to say about the DX Chogokin VF-19.

-b.

You know what?

I think the wings on this upcoming VF-19 Advanced will be lanky and loose by the third transformation/posing with those FAST packs.

Heck! I think the knee and legs won't hold a pose other than down and straight after three posings.

What says the Bandai Frontier valks owners here about the sturdiness of the legs/knees/FPs?

:touche:

You know what?

I think the wings on this upcoming VF-19 Advanced will be lanky and loose by the third transformation/posing with those FAST packs.

Heck! I think the knee and legs won't hold a pose other than down and straight after three posings.

What says the Bandai Frontier valks owners here about the sturdiness of the legs/knees/FPs?

Yeah, Bandai will have to be very careful how they design the 19. Especially to account for the added weight of Fast Packs so that the Valk doesn't turn into a ridiculously loose mess (Alto YF-29 I'm looking at you).

-b.

Except i panel line and do a lot of work on all my fighters, dropping their overall price. Which means i'd take a loss, have lost the time and energy I put in AND have to do it again on the new ones

I've seen your panel lined Valks first hand and they look great! Im sure there are folks out there who want to panel line their valks but too afraid to in fear of stuffing it up and would happily buy your ones!

You know what?

I don't know, the joints in the pelvis are holding pretty well on the goofy YF-30 Gerwalk. They may have figured some of this out. I guess we'll see in a year.

If we are a year out for this one...

I wish they would reconsider the knee covers in battroid mode, they look unsightly sticking out that far. It kind of reminds me of how they did the knee covers on the VF-1 kit, which were 25 like and not VF-1 like.

It's pretty easy to keep all of the 25/27/29's in scale with each other when THEY'RE ALL THE SAME PLANE.

They're all Similar yes. Based on the same Foundation, sure. But definitely a different plane. there's alot more going on in a 29 than a 25 for example. And they're more different than the VF-1 variants, and we still buy those buy the bucketload...

I've seen your panel lined Valks first hand and they look great! Im sure there are folks out there who want to panel line their valks but too afraid to in fear of stuffing it up and would happily buy your ones!

That's kind of you to say, but has not been my experience really. :) Unless i fully customise the paint, that seems to work out pretty well for me.

Sorry I know its the wrong thread....but...........Do I spy the VF-1J chunky monkey there???????????

It is.

Bandai seems to be calling it a DX Chogokin now, instead of 1/55.

I mean, even tho it's prolly 30years old already, it's still prolly alot better engineered and longer-lasting than any of their DX Chogokin or Soul of Chogokin robots.

:bump::touche:

Sorry I know its the wrong thread....but...........Do I spy the VF-1J chunky monkey there???????????

They're going to show past toys from the original series at the event. Including some rare ones so they say.

They're not calling the 1/55 a DX Chogokin. They're saying that the 1/55 is a progenitor or forefather to the DX Chogokin.

Edited by Vifam7