Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Something interesting regarding the VF-19A I came across from mazingetter on RobotJapan forums: http://robotjapan.proboards.com/post/341632/thread

"According to some side materials, if I remember it right, SMS bought some VF-19E Excaliburs (apparently, the Earth government has an embargo on the exportation of the A/B/C/D/F/S types, plus the VF-22S although there are special cases like the Macross 7 fleet) which they then modified into the VF-19EF Caliburn to test technologies that would later be implemented into the VF-171 and VF-25. A few of the EF types are further modified into the commander-use EFs type, one of which is piloted by Isamu, who left the military due to his extreme dislike of desk work upon promotion. Unsurprisingly, Isamu's Caliburn is the only one without the EX-Gear as he prefers the "virtual environment cockpit".

Isamu wanted a VF comparable to the YF-19 as the EF/s types had limiters placed in some mechanisms possibly due to restrictions on certain VF technology enforced by the Earth government. Dissatisfied, he later contacted Neumann, who is now head of VF development of Shinsei, for the illegal procurement of VF-19A parts. Neumann refused but presented his VF-19ADVANCE project as an alternative. This project aimed for the creation of a prototype to improve and prolong the life of the VF-19. A clause is included where the completed VF will be assigned to Isamu for the purpose of testing. Although Shinsei is focused on the VF-25, the VF-19ADVANCE project was given the green-lit as a private plan of Neumann. For that reason, Isamu has shouldered most of the development costs using his salary from SMS.

The outline of the plan is for the remodeling of Isamu's VF-19EFs into a YF-19, in addition to an increase in performance. The result is the VF-19EF/A, painted in the colors of the YF-19, which was nicknamed the "Isamu Special". To the surprise of everyone involved in its development, its performance surpassed that of the VF-25."

Read more: http://robotjapan.proboards.com/thread/22986/dx-chogokin-advance-macross-frontier?page=1#ixzz3HhQsIkPb

Guest davidwhangchoi

Something interesting regarding the VF-19A I came across from mazingetter on RobotJapan forums: http://robotjapan.proboards.com/post/341632/thread

"According to some side materials, if I remember it right, SMS bought some VF-19E Excaliburs (apparently, the Earth government has an embargo on the exportation of the A/B/C/D/F/S types, plus the VF-22S although there are special cases like the Macross 7 fleet) which they then modified into the VF-19EF Caliburn to test technologies that would later be implemented into the VF-171 and VF-25. A few of the EF types are further modified into the commander-use EFs type, one of which is piloted by Isamu, who left the military due to his extreme dislike of desk work upon promotion. Unsurprisingly, Isamu's Caliburn is the only one without the EX-Gear as he prefers the "virtual environment cockpit".

Isamu wanted a VF comparable to the YF-19 as the EF/s types had limiters placed in some mechanisms possibly due to restrictions on certain VF technology enforced by the Earth government. Dissatisfied, he later contacted Neumann, who is now head of VF development of Shinsei, for the illegal procurement of VF-19A parts. Neumann refused but presented his VF-19ADVANCE project as an alternative. This project aimed for the creation of a prototype to improve and prolong the life of the VF-19. A clause is included where the completed VF will be assigned to Isamu for the purpose of testing. Although Shinsei is focused on the VF-25, the VF-19ADVANCE project was given the green-lit as a private plan of Neumann. For that reason, Isamu has shouldered most of the development costs using his salary from SMS.

The outline of the plan is for the remodeling of Isamu's VF-19EFs into a YF-19, in addition to an increase in performance. The result is the VF-19EF/A, painted in the colors of the YF-19, which was nicknamed the "Isamu Special". To the surprise of everyone involved in its development, its performance surpassed that of the VF-25."

Read more: http://robotjapan.proboards.com/thread/22986/dx-chogokin-advance-macross-frontier?page=1#ixzz3HhQsIkPb

Fire valk is more advanced. it's the only one made with a 5000 instrument by ESP

Well, that was unexpected.

I now understand the comment T-Rex (I think) made about Bandai being displeased with the way Big West managed the license that allowed them to released the WF exclusive YF-19 FAST packs.

I like the that there's no boob gap. I'm still not sold on Bandai's valk quality, pilot figure, landing gear.

Isn't T-Rex doing Bandai CAD's also????

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Hmmm I have to say im still on the fence at this stage with this one, but knowing me I'll probably end up buying one anyways.. if not for me then for my son.. he hasn't seen this 19 yet thankfully!

Will definitely need to see photos of it in fighter mode.. maybe there is a good reason why they haven't revealed that mode to anyone yet.. heck it could look like total arse for all we know.. but I doubt that.

Even with its carried over design faults from previous 19 releases the Arcadia YF-19 Isamu is gonna be pretty hard to best, crappy ankle joints & missing tampo's aside.. I still love mine to bits!

And I still can't help but feel.. why Bandai, why this 19 and not a VF-1!?!? its just seems so random and oddball.

Edited by spanner76

At least it'll look good beside the YF-29 Isamu Special.

There is that. I'm quite conflicted regarding this announcement; after all, we don't even know if this Bandai version will come anywhere close to matching Arcadia's size and bulk (scale) -- as different as they are, the Yamato and Arcadia pieces match in this regard. One think we can probably be safe assuming is that the ankles will be a huge improvement over the VF-19 derived ones, and the pilot figure will be a pathetic gumball compared to Yamato/Arcadia's sculpt. I need to see plenty of pictures, in all three modes, before I decide to add yet another YF-19 to the collection.

Beautiful side story!!

Hrm, I hadn't thought of the possibility of a scale difference. The DX Chogokin VF-171 is pretty noticably smaller than the Yamato VF-17, and that might happen here too.

Not too worried about fighter mode, personally. I'm not picky, every 19 so far other than the original 72 was plenty 'good enough' for my eyes. I think the only think I'm gonna be picky about is scale.

It's an interesting story but I feel like it doesn't fit in with Isamu's personality at all. He was a test pilot and was interested in pushing the envelope as far as possible. Why would he want to settle on a YF-19 model when he could be gunning for some bigger, better fighter like a 24/25/29/30/etc... He'd want the thing coming after all of those, not try to take a fighter and make it into something older.

That's interesting. I always assumed that Isamu ended up in the SMS was because he was discharged from the military for stealing the YF-19 (kinda like Kou from Gundam 0083). Saving everyone from Sharon Apple was the only thing that kept him from going to jail.

That's interesting. I always assumed that Isamu ended up in the SMS was because he was discharged from the military for stealing the YF-19 (kinda like Kou from Gundam 0083). Saving everyone from Sharon Apple was the only thing that kept him from going to jail.

That's kind of how I imagined it as well.

That doesn´t mean it was Isamu everyone could do that...even an Isamu´s descendant

It was an "easter egg", you can reject the fact that it was Isamu, but the fact that it was a 19 in the color of the one he flew in Plus added with the familiar "Yahooo!" was meant to invoke the feeling that as a Macross fan, you should know who that is.

It's an interesting story but I feel like it doesn't fit in with Isamu's personality at all. He was a test pilot and was interested in pushing the envelope as far as possible. Why would he want to settle on a YF-19 model when he could be gunning for some bigger, better fighter like a 24/25/29/30/etc... He'd want the thing coming after all of those, not try to take a fighter and make it into something older.

but the story explained that the VF-19 had some of the restrictions removed and actually surpassed the performance of the 25...

Either Valkyrie development is dirt cheap or SMS pays a fortune to their employees. ^_^

[edit:] I will buy one but I would love to get one in the VF-19A colors.

Edited by Scyla

It's been a while, but I thought it was actually just a sound clip of him from Plus, the line (IIRC) was exactly what he said when he was first testing the YF-19, right before he began his skydiving routine. Admittedly, my Japanese is a little rusty, but it sounded like the exact same line said in the exact same tone of voice with the same intonation.

Dunno...maybe Isamu is now into resto-modding old-school rides! :)

hrdp-1206-1971-to-1973-mustang-pegasus-0