Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

some comparisons with mine, and props to the original photographer of the Bandai VF-19Advance

imitating Bandais as best i could, Arcadia's cant get the wings in the same position due parts blocking.

post-623-0-08175600-1414699392_thumb.jpg

Wings folded back, boosters attached normally, I like how Arcadia/t-rex missile pods move.

post-623-0-31270400-1414699425_thumb.jpg

Frontier Style, with booster clips and missile pods extended

post-623-0-67409200-1414699512_thumb.jpg

hope you guys like it

some comparisons with mine, and props to the original photographer of the Bandai VF-19Advance

imitating Bandais as best i could, Arcadia's cant get the wings in the same position due parts blocking.

Bandai-ArcadiaVF19av1.jpg

Wings folded back, boosters attached normally, I like how Arcadia/t-rex missile pods move.

Bandai-ArcadiaVF19av2.jpg

Frontier Style, with booster clips and missile pods extended

Bandai-Arcadiavf19av3.jpg

hope you guys like it

Thanks for the pics. Arcadia's 19 looks kinda awkward trying to match the same pose.

But... but I already have a YF-19! You can't do this to me Bandai! Don't make me spend more money! Please!

this pretty much sums up my sentiments. i told myself i was finally done with this far too expensive hobby! now waht?!

You mean... this one?

:D

you know there technically was a cgi of the vf-0d in frontier as well. that would put bandai in DIRECT competition with arcadia! :p

Edited by cyde01

Revoltech VS GN-U Dou's people!!!

I liked the posability of the revoltechs but got the Dou's instead due to the finish and proportions.

I have 2 Arcadian '19s, would like a third one day - i hope to get at least one DX 19, but would prefer a grey or ravens scheme...

Plus I like the should missiles more than what Bandai have done here - but hey, still looks cool - although I prefer the proportions and certain details of the Arcadian one.

The shield is way too think on the DX tho.

I am most likely going to get 1 or 2 of these, but would like to see all modes. I did notice in Murphy's pics though that the knee guards look weird separating from the leg the way they do on the Bandai version.

I also wonder if the shorter nosecone will make fighter mode look more stubby and not as sleek. Only time will tell..

I'll buy one out of curiosity but I'm already skeptical just based on the proportions and decisions made in Battroid plus I think Bandai has been continually dropping the ball since they started adding on all of their silly clamps/clips/half-assed add-on parts that I really don't have faith that they've put this thing together right.

I'll buy one out of curiosity but I'm already skeptical just based on the proportions and decisions made in Battroid plus I think Bandai has been continually dropping the ball since they started adding on all of their silly clamps/clips/half-assed add-on parts that I really don't have faith that they've put this thing together right.

For sure this one will have a brace and some other head-scratching feature. That being said, to be fair so does company Y/A with their releases.

I'm down for two on general principle but I am incredibly curious about how Fighter mode will look followed closely by price and availability.

*And I agree with you arrow that there is a need for at least one other re-issue in the form of a VF-25G along with adequate stock of the upcoming VF-25S

-b.

Arcadia more fragile?....mmmm I don't think so.....IIRC Bandai has exploding triangle, broken legs. I always felt more solid the arcadia plastic then bandai.

Both have their pros and cons....but in the end the only winner's on this scenario are us.

+1 Pretty much this.

Bandai's 19 looks kind of awkward in that pose in the first place...

I personally like the pose very much, and plan to display mine in the same way once I get it. I've always been a fan of the way Revoltech does their promo/box shots and this reminds me very much of it. Really looks very dynamic.

I bought the Yamato GNU-Dou's as well but they couldn't pull off really cool poses like the Revoltech ones could.

I personally like the pose very much, and plan to display mine in the same way once I get it. I've always been a fan of the way Revoltech does their promo/box shots and this reminds me very much of it. Really looks very dynamic.

I bought the Yamato GNU-Dou's as well but they couldn't pull off really cool poses like the Revoltech ones could.

Agree, I like the promo shots and the dynamic poses that Bandai chose.

BUT

There is no way on Earth I'm ever going to pose mine the same way, more often than not the DX Chogokin Valkyries have had their joints loosen over time. And it didn't matter if they were displayed in Fighter or Battroid (static or dynamic).

Hopefully Bandai is able to correct that issue with this release, especially with the emphasis on pose-ability in these pictures.

-b.

I'm just going to reiterate my original thought... those boosters look ridiculous in battroid mode, no matter how well they work in fighter. The fact that they need their own support structure is very telling. That, and the fact that they've horribly half-assed the shoulder packs, makes me wonder if it will hold up.

Otherwise though, yeah... I really do not trust Bandai's ability to manufacture something like this. Taking apart one of my 171s, and seeing the kind of insanely overcomplicated engineering they love to use, makes me think this will probably be another bandai valk that is never transformed at all.

I may pick one up for love of the design if the fighter mode holds up, but I get the feeling this will be one of two things... Either a complete disaster that doesn't sell, or completely impossible to acquire scalper bait that will have the preorder price-jacking make the Arcadia version look like a bargain.

I'm just going to reiterate my original thought... those boosters look ridiculous in battroid mode, no matter how well they work in fighter. The fact that they need their own support structure is very telling. That, and the fact that they've horribly half-assed the shoulder packs, makes me wonder if it will hold up.

Otherwise though, yeah... I really do not trust Bandai's ability to manufacture something like this. Taking apart one of my 171s, and seeing the kind of insanely overcomplicated engineering they love to use, makes me think this will probably be another bandai valk that is never transformed at all.

I may pick one up for love of the design if the fighter mode holds up, but I get the feeling this will be one of two things... Either a complete disaster that doesn't sell, or completely impossible to acquire scalper bait that will have the preorder price-jacking make the Arcadia version look like a bargain.

ugh

:(

-b.

The fact that the boosters need their own support stands are kind of worrying, but as long as it's within the 200-230 USD price range, I'm definitely buying one.

...if I can get my hands on one, and at a reasonable price. Got the shock of my life when I discovered my usual hobby store was selling the YF-29 at close to 300 USD.

I'm really hoping that isn't the case... but I mean, Bandai saw how the Arcadia one sold, so they know people will shell out for the design. Question is, are they going to trust addicted fans to buy them again, and produce a lot, or will they play it safe and figure people who bought the Arcadia version won't buy it again?

Seems like they should just do a web exclusive and test the waters. They seem so freaking terrified of overproducing in even the slightest amount, I don't know why they don't do that for everything. Would save everyone a lot of stress.

Edited by Chronocidal

I'm really hoping that isn't the case... but I mean, Bandai saw how the Arcadia one sold, so they know people will shell out for the design. Question is, are they going to trust addicted fans to buy them again, and produce a lot, or will they play it safe and figure people who bought the Arcadia version won't buy it again?

Seems like they should just do a web exclusive and test the waters. They seem so freaking terrified of overproducing in even the slightest amount, I don't know why they don't do that for everything. Would save everyone a lot of stress.

Good question, and a scary one, too.

If it's anything above 230 USD and/or not easily available, I'm not buying it. My old Yammie YF-19 still holds up pretty well to my eyes, and I don't really "need" another YF/VF-19 on my shelf like I need a VT-1.

Edited by GU-11

At first glance, this seems to be an upscale of the Hi-Metal 19, they certainly based some features off that. So I don't expect it to look too great in Fighter mode.

Yeah, the uniboob doesn't have the big gap of the Arcadia/Yamato offerings so that means fighter mode probably doesn't have the front bulge around the cockpit. Honestly though, I think it took me longer to warm up to the gap right under the thing's chin then it will to a little bulbous-ness missing from fighter.

The Arcadia wings will eventually sag with the packs if left in Bat mode anyway. At least Bandai is giving you the ability to have those

joints not be stressed while in bat mode.

I prefer the more Robotic friendly look of this Bandai DX. The joints will get lose, it's a DX after all.

But Arcadia's 19' wasn't exactly without issues.