Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

So far whatever has been available seems to have gone through, so let's assume that stock is just plenty and there's enough to go around.

Likely someone cancelled an order they just put in, or someone cancelled their reserve. This is honestly one of the best looking valks I've seen in a long time.

So far whatever has been available seems to have gone through, so let's assume that stock is just plenty and there's enough to go around.

Likely someone cancelled an order they just put in, or someone cancelled their reserve. This is honestly one of the best looking valks I've seen in a long time.

It's staggering they have an additional discount at HLJ too. Tempted to nab a third....

It's still up for order on HLJ. It says waiting for stock if you order. Maybe Bandai has started making larger production runs for these toys

The YF-29B is also up for order as well!

Edited by Golden Arms

It's still up for order on HLJ. It says waiting for stock if you order. Maybe Bandai has started making larger production runs for these toys

The YF-29B is also up for order as well!

Thanks for the heads up! I've been looking for a YF-29B at a decent price. Let's hope they can come through with this like they did for the VF-19 Advance.

Is it just me or does the side view remind you of the "dreadful" Yamato YF-19 gullet? And yeah the Gerwalk poses could be better. I hope it's not because of some weird range of motion limitation.

It's not just you, it has the same sort of problem the Yammie V.1 did. It makes the side view for fighter and Gerwalk look terrible.

Is it just me or does the side view remind you of the "dreadful" Yamato YF-19 gullet? And yeah the Gerwalk poses could be better. I hope it's not because of some weird range of motion limitation.

Honestly, it doesnt to me, and this one actually looks even slimmer than the Arcadia, probably thanks to all the tiny folding bits involved in the torso transformation. The profile of the front end actually reminds me more of the Hasegawa kits.

The key thing about the gullet is really how and where the profile of the underside crosses the leading edge of the intake. The Arcadia's underside crosses a little below the "bend" in the side of the intake, and at a fairly steep angle, since it curves downward into the groin plate between the thighs.

The Bandai one looks not only like it crosses the intake at a higher point, but the angle is shallower, leading me to think there is even less of a belly. The overall profile of the plane is also much more like the Hasegawa, with the forward fuselage being much more flat, and the spine looking more level.

I used to complain a lot that the profile of the old Yamato was just terrible, because the nose looke like it was stuck up in the air. I modded my Yamato to drop the nose, and the resulting profile made the nose tip roughly level with the centers of the exhaust, which was essentially what the Yamato VF-19s and Arcadia YF-19 have. But this one might top them all, because instead of just bending the nose down, it actually compresses the entire plane in the vertical direction.

The skinny legs help it quite a bit, but the whole plane just looks flatter, and the profile curve from the nose tip, along the body profile curve to the back edge of the wing looks like a very gentle curve all the way to the center of the feet. It really looks very much like the line art from the TIA book to me.

My one concern with the gullet is actually the panel that drops... it just seems to bulge out, and doesnt match the curvature of the rest of the underside for some reason. It's pretty minor, but I really wonder why it does that, and I might actually try to thin that panel out to fix it if I can, or make a new panel that doesnt do it.

I lucked out yesterday morning with Anime Export! Just paid shipping! Yay!! I like the plastic color on the Bandai over the Arcadia. The force barrier punch looks like a much better accessory than the pile of Arcadia missiles. ;)

Usagiz

Its kinda weird, I got my order on my account page, however when I click on the product it says order stop

But on this link its still up for sale

https://secure.hlj.com/product/BAN992012/Act

Oh well, since I had some extra cash I just ordered a second one

I'm a little skeptical that all the orders made through the "secure" link are going to be fulfilled, but yeah, I totally ordered a second one anyways. :lol:

Be awesome if it does get fulfilled because it'll be perfect to ship together with the YF-29B when that is released.

I don't know if they're fulfilling any more pre-orders. I placed one yesterday and they haven't sent any payment requests. HLJ sends out requests like clock work so I'm skeptical.

It's the weekend. HLJ usually don't send oc's during the weekend.

I have a feeling the secure link is a bug of sort. Maybe we should ask HLJ.

Geezus.

Why would you want to do that?

Just let it be.

It's the weekend. HLJ usually don't send oc's during the weekend.

Geezus.

Why would you want to do that?

Just let it be.

They've sent me payment requests on Sundays before and they're usually around the same time around 1.30-2.30 AM. Why shouldn't they fix it if it's a bug? It's just giving false hope to buyers who might cancel their pre-order elsewhere because they think they managed to secure one from HLJ.

Yeah it's the weekend , it's Sunday morning in Japan right now , there's probably no one in. Also the cut off time for shipping from Japan is probably Saturday evening their time. Hobby search also don't work on Sunday's and also closes on the 2nd and 3rd Saturday's so all the people that order the vf-19 from them will have to wait for the weekend to be over to get any update .

The good news is 24hours from now (USA Sunday evening) , will be their Monday ^_^

Edited by F360