Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Looks good in fighter mode but silly in battroid with those massive FAST packs dangling on the hip kibble.

I know you can take them off and all but everytime I look at it in bot mode it makes me laugh because it just looks so half-assed. Clean VF-advance looks better. Instead of FAST packs why couldn't they add GBP armor or something cool? (like the Full Armor on vf-11?) Maybe for the next macross series when valks can wear giant version of Exgear that helps lift armor by itself to hold bigger objects ie robot in a powered suit.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I think it looks pretty good overall. What I don't like is the canopy color, but that's been a turnoff on the 29's too. It's also got some serious gunpod boner. I was hoping that the more lineart accurate crotch plate would solve that.

Of course, that could just be a prototype issue. I don't expect the canopy to change due to precedent & movie accuracy.

Are the 29 canopies painted clear plastic? Or molded in barely trans blue?

^ tabs/slots on sides of legs to fit arms in fighter? Is that meant to slim down that back section of fighter?

Side profile looks good.

Are the 29 canopies painted clear plastic? Or molded in barely trans blue?

The 29's canopies were painted. Some here have stripped it before.

I'm liking this. I suppose the canopy colour is anime accurate (to the MF movie), plus there may be legal issues with having an Isamu figure as he was never actually seen.

So then, no gerwalk mode pics? ;) lol.

But he was clearly heard. They'll probably just use the Isamu figure from the 29 too. :p

Thank you very much for pictures IXTL. :)

News of all these new valks, no news of release dates, prices, etc though, right?

Not sure if anyone else commented, but Bandai has taken care of the intake fan paint application and it looks great.

Awesome! Thanks for the pictures. Fighter seems good so far. Hope it holds together well.

Also, proper, painted intake fans. :o

Shameless self-quote. :lol:

Edited by Falcon18

Thank you very much for pictures IXTL. :)

News of all these new valks, no news of release dates, prices, etc though, right?

Shameless self-quote. :lol:

Nothing. Bandai are just teasing next year's line up. So expect all these throughout the year... along with lots of pre-order heartbreak.

The leg had open space for fitting the arms, but that also needs to fit for the different leg positions with /without super parts, looks quite challenging for making every piece lock in place for the 2 fighter modes.

Both battroid and fighter looks promising, hopes bandai engineered it right :)

Edited by CRYO

Not sure if anyone else commented, but Bandai has taken care of the intake fan paint application and it looks great.

Sculpt doesn't quite look as good as the Arcadia version though, not that I ever display these things with intake covers off anyways.

Is it correct to say that the difference in proportions and style are due to the fact that it's a modded VF-19 Advance and not the same YF-19? Because if that's the case, I don't think it's completely right to compare it with the YF-19's proportions. I was thinking this is like what a M7 VF-19 is to the M+ YF-19. So to me it's already a different valk.

But half of what I think is that if it's supposed to look exactly like the YF-19 (in all modes), then the proportions of this valk are off. But nonetheless it's designed quite nicely and both the modes look sublime.

Are there any official lineart of the VF-19 Advance to compare to the original YF-19?

The leg had open space for fitting the arms, but that also needs to fit for the different leg positions with /without super parts, looks quite challenging for making every piece lock in place for the 2 fighter modes.

Both battroid and fighter looks promising, hopes bandai engineered it right :)

seems like the gaps are there due to the lowered legs/hips position when using fast packs.

Problem is, the legs are too slim (vertically) that they do not have enough heights to cover the gaps with the wing roots, unlike Aracadia's more bulkier legs, where the gaps are filled with the fast packs thickness.

That, or the VF-Advanced are not supposed to have lowered hips when using fast packs (since its a different bird than the YF) and an avid fan of a YF mistransformed it during the show (?)

FIGURE-002551_09.jpg

I still think the YF is a better looking bird (both battroid & fighter) ! sorry for the "unrelated" pics :

290.jpg

Edited by aaajin

Arcadia YF-19 is definitely looks the bit for both fighter and battroid mode in terms of M+ anime accuracy but bandai ver looks more balanced and streamlined especially the nosecone area in battroid mode. All that tampo goodness too!

Edited by recon

I have both the yamato and arcadia YF 19, I still think YF 19 is arcadia's best bird to date, and it best resemble the Macross Plus design :)

This VF 19 advance is another re-engineered YF19 in Macross F universe, different bird under same series, but seems not much official design out there except the fighter mode we can see in the movie.

And I don't think the bandai's angled leg with fast packs was mis tranformed, as the shoulder super parts did lock to the back of the legs just like the YF19s with fast packs on.... actually bandai can have the leg fast pack extended to the wing tab position and fill the little gap just like the arcadia, maybe they just want that leg armor look better in bettroid mode, for fitting the more slim legs design.

But what happend to that gun? Looks like its gonna dropped like a bomb ;P

Edited by CRYO

Looks really promising to me, might eventually ditch Arcadia's YF-19.

So the upper leg area is just as hollow as we have come to know Yamato/Aracadia only difference being that Bandai was able to create wall on the inside of leg area, creating the illusion it was a solid block from front or 3/4 view. Hopfully we still get plug-in pieces.

And even with that rear view picture of Battroid, I still can't grasp how sideways articulation works in the upper thighs???

Arm joints seem nice an beefy, thankfully we don't have the movable bicep-cylinder thing again and all hip movement seems to be handled from one joint alone.

Can anybody confirm if there is a working egress hatch?

Is it correct to say that the difference in proportions and style are due to the fact that it's a modded VF-19 Advance and not the same YF-19? Because if that's the case, I don't think it's completely right to compare it with the YF-19's proportions. I was thinking this is like what a M7 VF-19 is to the M+ YF-19. So to me it's already a different valk.

Probably a bit of that, but I think it's mostly that they had to rework the proportions to be useable as a 3D model as they did with the VB-6. The hand drawn version was much thicker and the proportions changed drastically between the three modes. The re-worked Frontier version was more tapered and slimmer, but the proportions of the legs, arms, etc. all remained consistent.

So when carrying the look of the YF-19 over from hand drawn to CG model, they would have to do the same since the proportions of the YF-19 and VF-19 in M+ and M7 respectively were all over the place. So I think this version is what they got when given the same treatment.

Can anybody confirm if there is a working egress hatch?

It doesn't look like it. The part covering where the egress hatch would be doesn't look like it flips up.

Honestly, I would have been surprised if they did try to implement a gimmick that was only shown in Macross 7.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

That leg system looks... well, interesting? I should say it looks very "Bandai-ish" in the sense that it looks like it uses as many tiny parts as possible. <_< I'm also a little concerned about how tiny the gerwalk joint section between the intake and the thigh is. After seeing how stupidly terrible their design for that part of the 171 was (as it exploded into a dozen pieces), I don't think I trust them to make something so intricate looking in such a small space.

I think those leg packs are unfinished, I don't actually see any place for the wing roots to tab in on the entire pack surface that I can see.

I'm also really wondering how they plan to fit a functional nose gear in that bay. It's freakin' tiny. A nose gear the length of those doors might not even reach the ground.