Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

I can get my booster to stay in place, but it doesn't tab in pretty, there's some weirdness with the way my right booster sits. But hey, I wanted it for the fighter and the Plus style super parts and the PPB punch effect, the big wing booster are just a plus for me. I love mine, and now that I've fixed my issue, I'm once more super pleased with my toy.

You know, I've never even attempted to attach the Super Parts to either of my opened VF-19's. I like how clean they both look (one in Battroid, the other in Fighter) without them.'

Initially I thought that I'd definitely use them on Fighter but after having this in-hand I've never been motivated to try them out.

-b.

I can get my booster to stay in place, but it doesn't tab in pretty, there's some weirdness with the way my right booster sits. But hey, I wanted it for the fighter and the Plus style super parts and the PPB punch effect, the big wing booster are just a plus for me. I love mine, and now that I've fixed my issue, I'm once more super pleased with my toy.

Valkyrie Driver:

I wanted to thank you for posting your description of that fix and including images of the parts. I bought my VF-19 Advanced new, and you could probably navigate back in this very thread to see how bummed I was about it because the very same leg on mine was super stiff and hard to maneuver back and forth. I ended up setting it aside instead of tackling the problem like I probably should have done. :blink:

On my copy, I had to open the whole joint completely and get to the ball. Once the diecast(?) clamping parts were separated from the ball, I noticed that the plastic(?) half had some flashing which was causing excess friction inside the joint. I used a sanding file to smooth and polish that area. I also added some plastic-friendly lube and put the leg back together. Now both legs are working swell, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. :D

Valkyrie Driver:

I wanted to thank you for posting your description of that fix and including images of the parts. I bought my VF-19 Advanced new, and you could probably navigate back in this very thread to see how bummed I was about it because the very same leg on mine was super stiff and hard to maneuver back and forth. I ended up setting it aside instead of tackling the problem like I probably should have done. :blink:

On my copy, I had to open the whole joint completely and get to the ball. Once the diecast(?) clamping parts were separated from the ball, I noticed that the plastic(?) half had some flashing which was causing excess friction inside the joint. I used a sanding file to smooth and polish that area. I also added some plastic-friendly lube and put the leg back together. Now both legs are working swell, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. :D

You're welcome, and I'm glad you found that useful. My joint loosened up considerably (however not annoyingly so) when I took the joint housing apart. It's a hobby, and lessons learned are best shared with the community. It enhances everyone's enjoyment.

• 3 months later...

It's available again from Nippon-Yasan for the low, low price of...

¥45,000!?

Go get! https://www.nippon-yasan.com/10446-macross-f-dx-chogokin-vf-19-advance.html

Got the same email - just checked the price and lol'ed.

As a friend of mine used to say, "maybe it's time to sale mine".

-b.

Got the same email - just checked the price and lol'ed.

As a friend of mine used to say, "maybe it's time to sale mine".

-b.

Reminds me when the VF-4 was going for the same price and then Arcadia re-released it at $225. Just going to wait for the re-release :)

Reminds me when the VF-4 was going for the same price and then Arcadia re-released it at $225. Just going to wait for the re-release :)

You know, I've been hoping for a re-release as well (I did sell one or two extra's I had last year) - but Bandai is so random with what they re-issue I have serious doubt about the Advance.

The only chance, I think, of seeing that mold again, is if they move forward with the YF-19 from Plus.

-b.

• 2 weeks later...

I could definitely get behind this. :)

Have to second the "never transformed it" sentiment though, it's just so pretty in fighter mode.

I can however say though, the wings on this one can get potentially floppy, just like the Arcadia's. Had one of mine go loose at the mid-point hinge, and the wing would just sag backwards. I was able to do the same rivet squeeze trick as on the Arcadia, but it takes a little more work.

You need a flat post to press down on the underside of the rivet, and flatten it against the hinge, or you'll get no tension added. A small, flat-ended metal cylinder like a screw head might work, I actually used the shoulder pin from a Yammie v2 VF-1 I had laying around. It's just a little precarious using something too tall that could potentially slip out of the pliers.

Some pics, perhaps? :)

VF-19-01-1_zpszfcgpi7b.jpg

Great shots, Robban. ;) Though Arcadia's Isamu kinda looks big for the DX counterpart. :rolleyes:

Wow those pics are amazing. Makes me wanna pay the $500 asking price for it. but then the possibility of a reissue makes my mind go sane again.

Or wait until Bandai decides on releasing the 'teased'DX YF-19. ^_^

Edited by no3ljm

You saw that, he he. :D Maybe too big, but the detail on the arcadia Isamu is really good. :)

I know. the details are awesome. But you know what? Pair that with xigfrid's Macross Plus Isamu BIke from Shapeways and you're good to go. Sweet ride, right? ;)

625x465_10663879_6828126_1459344868.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just how tight is the wing hinge supposed to be? Was going to transform mine for the first time and i keep thinking that I will break it... I just want my super parts on

Maybe jenius transformation video can help