Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Reminds me when the VF-4 was going for the same price and then Arcadia re-released it at $225. Just going to wait for the re-release :)

You know, I've been hoping for a re-release as well (I did sell one or two extra's I had last year) - but Bandai is so random with what they re-issue I have serious doubt about the Advance.

The only chance, I think, of seeing that mold again, is if they move forward with the YF-19 from Plus.

-b.

• 2 weeks later...

I could definitely get behind this. :)

Have to second the "never transformed it" sentiment though, it's just so pretty in fighter mode.

I can however say though, the wings on this one can get potentially floppy, just like the Arcadia's. Had one of mine go loose at the mid-point hinge, and the wing would just sag backwards. I was able to do the same rivet squeeze trick as on the Arcadia, but it takes a little more work.

You need a flat post to press down on the underside of the rivet, and flatten it against the hinge, or you'll get no tension added. A small, flat-ended metal cylinder like a screw head might work, I actually used the shoulder pin from a Yammie v2 VF-1 I had laying around. It's just a little precarious using something too tall that could potentially slip out of the pliers.

Some pics, perhaps? :)

VF-19-01-1_zpszfcgpi7b.jpg

Great shots, Robban. ;) Though Arcadia's Isamu kinda looks big for the DX counterpart. :rolleyes:

Wow those pics are amazing. Makes me wanna pay the $500 asking price for it. but then the possibility of a reissue makes my mind go sane again.

Or wait until Bandai decides on releasing the 'teased'DX YF-19. ^_^

Edited by no3ljm

• 2 weeks later...

Just how tight is the wing hinge supposed to be? Was going to transform mine for the first time and i keep thinking that I will break it... I just want my super parts on

Maybe jenius transformation video can help

Maybe jenius transformation video can help

Yea i know about his vids. Wing hinge is so tight at the moment. Doesnt seem like it wants to go down

Are you referring to the wing root, the hinge joint that's connected to the hips? 1:40-2:06 from Jenius transformation video? If that's the one, try to pull the wing's lock tab first away from the body. Try to push the wing joint upward from the side area, or you could pull gently from the top, to separate it from the hip. And gently fold down the wing root/joints towards the side of the hips. Hope that helps. :)

Edited by no3Ljm

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure how I did it, but after transforming back into fighter looks like I gashed up the paint pretty good on the die cast shoulders. Can anyone suggest an tamiya acrylic beige paint color # that would do a decent job of covering it up?

• 3 months later...

So, what with Bandai seeming to be completely uninterested in ever giving anyone any decent missiles to load on this thing, I'm beginning to wonder how hard it would be to get the hardpoints to accept the Arcadia weapons.

It looks like the only thing stopping them from latching on is the hex-shaped interior of the center hole.  I'm getting more and more tempted to just attempt to drill those out to the proper size for the Arcadia pylons to attach.

Anyone here ever tried something similar?

1 hour ago, jenius said:

They didn't promise it,  they teased the possibility along with a 19k, a 1/2000 SDF, a 1/35 VF1, and an HMR vf2SS among others. Next year is the big anniversary right?  Hopefully they go nuts. 

they can go crazy next year. Please Bandai, BE CRAZY