Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Nice collection. So how is the Yamato 19 in comparison to the VF-19 Advance? Is it still worth getting one (any) even if I have the Advance?

I say definitely yes! The VF-19F, S, P & Kai are fantastic toys! Very well engineered even if they might have funny ankles but still excellent! :) Edited by spanner76

Nice collection. So how is the Yamato 19 in comparison to the VF-19 Advance? Is it still worth getting one (any) even if I have the Advance?

The Yamato YF-19 is ok, very meh in comparison to the Yamato VF-19 (I have the F, need another and an S, so I can get the whole emerald Force). I don't own an Arcadia, and my Bandai is on the way. The Bandai, from the reviews, looks to be a vast improvement over the Yamato YF-19, and for perfect transformation, looks to be better than the Yamato VF-19, not needing as many fill in option parts. I'd be a little happier if there was a way to center the shield on the toys, but that's ok. It looks like I'm going to be really happy with the Bandai VF-19.

Something about the original YF-19 look just gets me, and the VF-19F/S/P/Kai just feel weird, I think that they look to bulbous in comparison. Don't get me wrong I love my VF-19F, I just like the YF-19 better.

He could recess those ankles to get rid of the floods look, he has them in "dynamic action" position.

Which is exactly what I did after I took the pictures. I didn't really fiddle with them, until I put them back on the shelves. I like the stockier look of having the short ankles.

The Bandai, from the reviews, looks to be a vast improvement over the Yamato YF-19, and for perfect transformation, looks to be better than the Yamato VF-19, not needing as many fill in option parts.

Except for when you have the leg parts on in fighter mode and then the Bandai becomes a gappy wing-rooted, completely non-perfect, mess.

I'm pretty sure you can pick up a double from hlj after a valk is released. The limit one thing is more for preorders. I have picked up doubles quite a few times after the fact.

:) Managed to get mine from HLJ earlier today, but was sold out hours later. wow these go fast. :blink:

Except for when you have the leg parts on in fighter mode and then the Bandai becomes a gappy wing-rooted, completely non-perfect, mess.

That's just a super part problem in general, if I'm not mistaken. The Bandai seemed to have it a bit worse, especially in the shoulder parts, but the gappiness in the legs and wings because of the leg parts, is something they all suffer to a degree.

Oh well, I wanted the base fighter, the super parts are a bonus to me, so I don't really care...

I prefer the Arcadia YF-19 over the Yamato YF-19 ones due to updates. Kinda the same with Yamato VF-19 releases I believe. The Arcadia YF-19 looks great with the Fold Booster on. ;)

Now with shorter ankles....

*snip*

Nice line-up. ^_^

That's just a super part problem in general, if I'm not mistaken. The Bandai seemed to have it a bit worse, especially in the shoulder parts, but the gappiness in the legs and wings because of the leg parts, is something they all suffer to a degree.

Oh well, I wanted the base fighter, the super parts are a bonus to me, so I don't really care...

Not as advertised.

Actually, no, the Bandai is the only VF-19 variant to have any gappiness issues of that type with the super parts on the legs. The Yamato and Arcadia YF-19s both designed their leg packs to merge seamlessly with the wing roots, leaving a sculpted recess for them to tab into.

Bandai just didn't bother. They designed the packs to not extend as far up on the legs, and left the locking tabs flapping in the breeze. Then they photoshopped the gaps away for the box art, which is frankly more irritating to me than the gaps themselves.

Like you said though, I just love the base fighter, so the packs looking ugly isnt a huge deal to me.

WM, the hole/divot seems to still be visible, even when the peg in the booster is properly engaged. You've probably got it right already.

Ditto on the fun factor with this one!

Oh thanks! Yes, I can just see a little bit of it, maybe 1/3 of the divit, so I thought it should all be hidden under the fast pack as I thought the peg isn't right at the edge. Good to know that its properly engaged even though you can see a bit of the divit. Thanks!

Actually, no, the Bandai is the only VF-19 variant to have any gappiness issues of that type with the super parts on the legs. The Yamato and Arcadia YF-19s both designed their leg packs to merge seamlessly with the wing roots, leaving a sculpted recess for them to tab into.

Bandai just didn't bother. They designed the packs to not extend as far up on the legs, and left the locking tabs flapping in the breeze. Then they photoshopped the gaps away for the box art, which is frankly more irritating to me than the gaps themselves.

Like you said though, I just love the base fighter, so the packs looking ugly isnt a huge deal to me.

I agree with the statement that the Yamato/Arcadia versions did not have that gap when using the fast packs in fighter mode. They also did not have the gap on the rear section between the shield either in fighter mode. The way they worked around it was they provided a shield for both fighter and Battroid mode. If it did not bother you then you could just use the default shield, if you hated it you could equip the replacement shield for Battroid and get a more accurate shield that would center up on the arm.

To be honest, the difficulty of attaching the FAST Packs in fighter mode and the free hanging tab doesn't bother me with the Bandai.

As I never attach the FAST packs in fighter mode anyway with the 19, regardless of whether it's the Yamato, Arcadia or Bandai version.

I far prefer the look of the YF-19/VF-19 Advance Fighter mode without FAST Packs.

I do apply them in battroid mode though.

Graham

I agree with the statement that the Yamato/Arcadia versions did not have that gap when using the fast packs in fighter mode. They also did not have the gap on the rear section between the shield either in fighter mode. The way they worked around it was they provided a shield for both fighter and Battroid mode. If it did not bother you then you could just use the default shield, if you hated it you could equip the replacement shield for Battroid and get a more accurate shield that would center up on the arm.

The Arcadia version only had one shield actually. I never owned any of the Yamato 1/60 19s, though I do own the 1/72 version, which also only had one shield. Did the Yamato 1/60 have two shields then?

The Arcadia version only had one shield actually. I never owned any of the Yamato 1/60 19s, though I do own the 1/72 version, which also only had one shield. Did the Yamato 1/60 have two shields then?

Sorry that statement about shields only apply to the 1/60 VF-19's made by Yamato.

Edited by Loop

I knew that about the Yamato/Arcadia YF-19 super parts, but I didn't know that about the Bandai. The reviews I saw made no mention of it being gappy with the super parts attached in fighter mode, and they didn't show that either. Ah well, it's no harm done, I'm sure the toy is plenty fun even with the gap issues.

I wouldn't call the Arcadia packs seamless but definitely no floating tab.

No big gap either.. I do wish Arcadia would have kept the magnetic packs though that Yamato had on some variants of their Macross toy line.

Edited by Loop

Rearranging my shelves, and realized I had all of my 19's in battroid.

VyOUo9hh.jpg

5mZLBWUh.jpg

I really like Yamato VF-19's battroid mode and overall 19P is my favourite (well, the head). Unfortunately Macross 7 colors look really bad to me.

This custom would be insta-buy. Such a beautiful valk and color scheme:

IMG_3475_zpsf6922539.jpg

Edited by Zonnet

I really like Yamato VF-19's battroid mode and overall 19P is my favourite (well, the head). Unfortunately Macross 7 colors look really bad to me.

IMG_3475_zpsf6922539.jpg

That is fantastic, and the colors look like they belong there. If Yamato had done this I would have bought one. I can see Bandai doing a Roy Custom of their VF-19 Advance release, which would be an insta-buy, along with a Low Vis...

IMG_3475_zpsf6922539.jpg

This is a pretty sweet custom eh! Scream Man did an awesome job! B))