Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

I like what Bandai did with the shield in fighter mode, it's clever and makes fighter mode more streamlined while retained the PT factor to the toy. Of course Gerwalk then suffers from it but I must say I'm not a fan of the YF-19's gerwalk mode anyway so it's a good trade-off for me.

Also the intakes in fighter mode look better than on Arcadia's and of course the tampo is very generously spread across all areas of the toy which is really neat. The super parts are garbage though, I'm still pissed because of that leg pack nonsense

And I'm still experiencing difficulties during transformation from fighter to battroid.

One of the legs (right one) has a scaringly tight peghole to the wingroot top peg (the one visible when the leg super parts are on) and it's an ordeal everytime I transform the thing from fighter mode to unpeg the right wingroot part. I suspect that tightness also pulls the whole leg out a bit when it's in fighter mode, preventing it to be as flush to the body as the left one and it's probably responsible for the gappier look on that side too.

I might try sanding off a bit of the wingroot peg to try to fix it but since it's a complex pile of moving parts I'm not 100% sure it's the only origin of the problem on my sample.

I put mine on, but they were kind of a pain in the ass to get on the wings. Also the way the 21's tail fins work, when fiddling with the super parts it will some times pop off. I left them on ever since and have not touched them since.

Is it wrong that I never even took my YF-21's Fast Packs's out of the box and attempted to put them on?

Nah. It's not wrong. I know it sounds nasty and weird, but ALL the Valks look SEXIER when they're NAKED. There you go. ;)

I think "super parts" sort of lost their way after the original SDF Macross until Frontier. In SDF Macross they change the VF-1 from a well balanced vehicle into a bruiser... and that works because every now and then you need to call in the muscle. In Macross Plus the super parts don't look like they really add anything to any mode. They're so sleekly integrated that there's not much of a visual impact and you have to wonder what good they do. In Macross7 the super parts (with the exception of the VF-11C) look like last minute tack-ons that generally make the vehicles look unbalanced. I'd say Frontier gets back to super parts that make the sleek-looking underlying vehicle into more of a bruiser again. You can almost view the VF-19Advance and how those super parts look like random tack-ons as sort of a proper homage to the super parts between SDF Macross and Frontier.

I think "super parts" sort of lost their way after the original SDF Macross until Frontier. In SDF Macross they change the VF-1 from a well balanced vehicle into a bruiser... and that works because every now and then you need to call in the muscle. In Macross Plus the super parts don't look like they really add anything to any mode. They're so sleekly integrated that there's not much of a visual impact and you have to wonder what good they do. In Macross7 the super parts (with the exception of the VF-11C) look like last minute tack-ons that generally make the vehicles look unbalanced. I'd say Frontier gets back to super parts that make the sleek-looking underlying vehicle into more of a bruiser again. You can almost view the VF-19Advance and how those super parts look like random tack-ons as sort of a proper homage to the super parts between SDF Macross and Frontier.

The other nice thing about frontier is that they showed them being jetissoned or cached when entering atmosphere. I thought that was a nice detail. You see Gilliam do this in the first episode, and it is also done in the Galia 4 episode.

I thought the valks in Plus only had Fast packs (with the exception to the VF-11) not supers.

I would consider the YF-19 mounted with the VF-11 style boosters as the super version.

Just got the Advance in so I can't wait to unbox it.

Edited by wmkjr

I love the 19's gerwalk mode, the way the arms come out over the top of the valk just really does it for me for some reason. :lol:

post-197-0-41934500-1438471203_thumb.jpg

Is it wrong that I never even took my YF-21's Fast Packs's out of the box and attempted to put them on?

Considering how difficult it is to remove the packs that attach to the arm, I personally think never putting them on in the first place is a smart move!

I thought the valks in Plus only had Fast packs (with the exception to the VF-11) not supers.

I would consider the YF-19 mounted with the VF-11 style boosters as the super version.

Just got the Advance in so I can't wait to unbox it.

That's what I thought as well, and grats on the Advance!

The other nice thing about frontier is that they showed them being jetissoned or cached when entering atmosphere. I thought that was a nice detail. You see Gilliam do this in the first episode, and it is also done in the Galia 4 episode.

Well, Isamu jettisoned his dildo-fold pack before entering Earth's atmosphere...

Is there a trick to getting the fast packs to click into the top round peg/divit? I've got it in the rectangular bottom connection and the round peg into the weapons holes in the underside of the wings - and its pretty study, but I'd like to get it into the top round peg/divit - is there a trick to this? BTW - I'm really enjoying this toy! Its fantastic and really fun to play and transform. I haven't even touched my Arcadia since I had to find all the decals for it and I've never even transformed that one since I've gotten it.

Is there a trick to getting the fast packs to click into the top round peg/divit? I've got it in the rectangular bottom connection and the round peg into the weapons holes in the underside of the wings - and its pretty study, but I'd like to get it into the top round peg/divit - is there a trick to this? BTW - I'm really enjoying this toy! Its fantastic and really fun to play and transform. I haven't even touched my Arcadia since I had to find all the decals for it and I've never even transformed that one since I've gotten it.

some guys in here posted up some very helpful material regarding this a few pages back..

Definitely proving more durable than the Arcadia; I've had mine in battroid with full packs holding a pose next to my Arcadia for about 3 weeks now, and the wings haven't drooped in the least. Very solid. My Arcadia's ankle joints are pretty loose, esp the right, so that's a huge detractor when your $300 toy is so precarious in a standing position. I love them both, but based on durability and overall engineering, I'd go with the Bandai.

Just watched the M+ 4 part OVA. After 20 years, it's still phenomenally magical to watch, and it really makes me appreciate how well done these latest -19 toys are, esp if you look back at Yamato's old 1/72. It also drives home the necessity of a new improved -21 with more lineart proportionate battroid.

Definitely proving more durable than the Arcadia; I've had mine in battroid with full packs holding a pose next to my Arcadia for about 3 weeks now, and the wings haven't drooped in the least. Very solid. My Arcadia's ankle joints are pretty loose, esp the right, so that's a huge detractor when your $300 toy is so precarious in a standing position. I love them both, but based on durability and overall engineering, I'd go with the Bandai.

I left my Arcadia YF-19 standing one time and it fell face first (or uniboob first) on the table, slightly denting the tip of the nosecone in the process. After that incident, I will never trust it to stand on its own ever again.

At that price it'd be worth buying as an investment, it's been selling better than that elsewhere. I hope some people who wanted it but legitimately haven't been able to get it grab it before scalpers do.

Edited by jenius

Remember '19'. Oh, wait was it 19 or 16? ^_^

Awesome 19 collection, Yeti. No love for Basara? ;)

Every now and than I am tempted, but never enough to actually pick him up. Money better spent elsewhere.