Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Out of curiosity, why are landing gear white on aircraft?

Convention, and it makes it easier for maintenance crews to spot hydraulic leaks and such on a white background.

Edit: David beat me to it... our resident aircraft expert strikes again. :D

Edited by mechaninac

I finally got the courage to transform it. It was painful, and is staying in fighter. Too many delicate pieces. I did manage to find out my left inner thigh plate is too tight to where when I pull out the feet, the inner panel doesnt pop out to be flush 8(

Transforming it once does strangely make the gaps more tolerable though. Its just too loose out of the box.

Transformation will get easier. It doesn't require courage, so much as a bit of patience and care. ;)

Looseness out of the box is generally to be expected, considering the amount of handling these things endure over the course of being shipped. Mine was as well, but went together quite tightly after a good transformation. Even right out of the box, a little squeeze here, tweak there closed most of the gaps, shield in fighter notwithstanding.

Is it bad that now I'm imagining a few members just sitting around waiting for aircraft-related questions to come up, and racing to answer them? :lol:

Also, a good amount of "looseness" tends to be from Bandai's packing crew not understanding how the things are supposed to fit in the box, let alone how to properly transform them. My super VF-27 was not only completely mis-transformed into fighter, the arms were also assembled entirely backwards. :rolleyes:

Edited by Chronocidal

Convention, and it makes it easier for maintenance crews to spot hydraulic leaks and such on a white background.

Esp since mil spec hydro fluid is bright red...looks like the damned strut is bleeding. :) I know from lots of experience. Despite being a thoroughly messy affair, and obstinate linkage bolts often confounding the breakdown, repacking struts was one of the more fun jobs.

for the VF19-19 ADV, is the outlook of a naked VF19-19 ADV identical with a YF19? thx

It is pretty close. The VF-19 adv is a single seater, while the YF-19 is a 2 seater. There are some other smaller differences, like the red and black paint being swapped.

Just as a side note, I think the Advance was meant to be a two seater too, but Bandai just didn't make the toy that way. The reason I say this is because they have a 2nd "Danger Ejection Seat" triangle under the area where a second seat would go if the cover were removed.

Possibly, but I wouldn't actually expect them to have put that much thought into the markings either way. I'd expect they just copied the markings for the Hasegawa YF-19 kits.

It might be some kind of documented ability, but I dont remember the VF-19s in Macross 7 ever using a second seat, even when there was a second person in the cockpit.

Edited by Chronocidal

Which shoulder armor are you talking about, there's 3 of them, small, medium , large. The Small and medium have R and L, the Large one does not matter.

Check out Actars quicke guide to confirm.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41848&p=1209117

It is the second, medium armor piece and I have two marked with an R. I installed them both and couldn't spot a difference in Fighter-Mode. Everything was able to align correctly. Since Actars video also only shows an R marking on the part I was curious if there is really an L on the other piece and if there is a molded difference between the L and R parts (and what the difference is).

On the other hand maybe I don't want to know and keep the illusion up that every VF-19ADVANCE unit has two R marked pieces.

As for the black paint smear I used one of Gundam@EFSF images and circled the area:

post-18307-0-03950100-1436904034_thumb.jpg

Is there a good way to remove the black paint without damaging the tan paint underneath?

I only opened mine the other day, but I had to put it down after 40 frustrating minutes of trying to attach the super packs.

I had the same problem with the Arcadia yf-19. I think I'm just allergic to the design.

Try following Actar's video guide. Once you understand how to place the parts, they're actually pretty easy to do. And unlike the Arcadia version, these parts are pretty secure, solid, and won't pop off easily (yes, even the wing boosters)

It really depends on whether they borked up the molding on the set you get.

My pair of wing boosters entirely refused to stay put until I re-defined the tabs by filing/trimming them down. They looked like they had been melted by a hot iron, and had no sharp edges capable of holding onto the slots.

Edited by Chronocidal

I love this toy but I'm scratching my head about the hard points on the wings. I've tried a few of the weapons from my VF-171 (the AMRAAM looking ones, and a reaction antiship missile) and they just don't quite fit right. It's like the tabs on either side of the peg on the weapon, are just not quite the right shape. That, and the chord of the wing is quite narrow as you get closer to the edge.

Has anyone else had any luck mounting weapons to this yet?

post-10360-0-88712000-1437027179_thumb.jpg

I love this toy but I'm scratching my head about the hard points on the wings. I've tried a few of the weapons from my VF-171 (the AMRAAM looking ones, and a reaction antiship missile) and they just don't quite fit right. It's like the tabs on either side of the peg on the weapon, are just not quite the right shape. That, and the chord of the wing is quite narrow as you get closer to the edge.

Has anyone else had any luck mounting weapons to this yet?

attachicon.gifIMG_20150716_1602361.jpg

i think that can only mean one thing....they are going to issue a weapons/accessory set in the future.

*Spoiler Alert*

The new Valkyries for Macross Delta are already so advanced, there will be no need for packs of any kind.

Instead, there will be Personal Deployment Pods that are attached and launched by hardpoint. The new strategy is to fold in to combat, launch salvos of j-pop singers at the enemy and than fold out.

Bandai will release different "Singer-Point" packs as Tamashii web exclusives.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

*Spoiler Alert*

The new Valkyries for Macross Delta are already so advanced, there will be no need for packs of any kind.

Instead, there will be Personal Deployment Pods that are attached and launched by hardpoint. The new strategy is to fold in to combat, launch salvos of j-pop singers at the enemy and than fold out.

For a moment I got excited reading about new information on the Macross Delta valks.

And then I read the rest of the post hehe.

Leave it to bandai to have slightly different hardpoints. Wouldn't be surprised if we'll get weapon sets specific to the 19 and 30.

Look at the 171 packs. The 171's could of come with hardpointed wings, but the wings came with the armor packs instead. That meant you had to get the appropriate pack to get the correct color of wing. On top of that nonsense, the pegs that hold the wings in are far too weak.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

*Spoiler Alert*

Just like Speaker Pods! Only with more expendable humans! :)