Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

making the shield wider at the base chould have eliminated the gaps, but Bandai decided not to change it since day 1, when they showed us the prototype.

Maybe they should make the shield transform and have extension parts on the side?

Maybe they should make the shield transform and have extension parts on the side?

They could do that or did what Yamato did for their VF-19, add another shield.

If only the Fast pack for the VF-19 Advance also offers an upgrade to the original shield that can make it wider

HLJ got back and offered either a full refund if I send it back or a 20% refund if I keep it.

As they have no stock they can't replace it obviously.

I'm torn on whether to pay an inflated price from another store that still has stock (and let's face it, might have similar issues without HLJ's customer service) or to keep it.

I know the tail issue is not the end of the world but my last 2 Valks have come out of the box broken and it kinda takes the shine off.

#slightlybummed

HLJ got back and offered either a full refund if I send it back or a 20% refund if I keep it.

I'm torn on whether to pay an inflated price from another store that still has stock (and let's face it, might have similar issues without HLJ's customer service) or to keep it.

I know the tail issue is not the end of the world but my last 2 Valks have come out of the box broken and it kinda takes the shine off.

#slightlybummed

is the problem with yours (1) the tailfin does not have the circular tab, or (2) the hinge on the leg does not have a hole for the tab on the tailfin?

either way, should be an easy fix. I'd take the 20% off.

#slightlybummed

If HLJ offers to take it back at their expense, including original shipping and return shipping, I'd return it and secure another copy off CDJ or AmiAmi (both discounted) while it's still a viable option.

SAL @ $40 and EMS @ $50 are pretty high..

Which store? I paid 2200yen for SAL shipping for my VF-19Adv off CDJ, and I live in the East Coast of the US.

Edited by mechaninac

Which store? I paid 2200yen for SAL shipping for my VF-19Adv off CDJ, and I live in the East Coast of the US.

I was charged 2610 yen SAL registered to Canada back at January initial pre-order time. They must have got the wrong box size from Bandai at that time and is charging real cost for them now.

So, Amiami and CDJ get some re-stock but no HLJ

They dont want me to get a second one

I'm actually talking to an HLJ rep and they are pretty much telling me they went so far as to delete the item's page b/c they didn't want over-ordering by accident. I can't EVER recall them deleting a page on an item. Something larger is at play here with HLJ.

Btw, it's looking like $240 from AmiAmi with EMS, or $227 from CDJapan with SAL. HLJ would have been the cheapest out of all of them b/c their price was 21850Yen and you could combine orders to save on shipping within a 3 month period thanks to their warehouse. I hate how HLJ seems to NEVER order enough product anymore (this is NOT the first item that I've seen them go out of stock on while other retailers still had it).

Noooooooo. Package with the VF-19Advanced was caught by customs. That will be one expensive Valkyrie toy. >.<

Of course I'm always grateful to pay my taxes so my country can thrive strong and prosper!!! :)

I'm actually talking to an HLJ rep and they are pretty much telling me they went so far as to delete the item's page b/c they didn't want over-ordering by accident. I can't EVER recall them deleting a page on an item. Something larger is at play here with HLJ.

Btw, it's looking like $240 from AmiAmi with EMS, or $227 from CDJapan with SAL. HLJ would have been the cheapest out of all of them b/c their price was 21850Yen and you could combine orders to save on shipping within a 3 month period thanks to their warehouse. I hate how HLJ seems to NEVER order enough product anymore (this is NOT the first item that I've seen them go out of stock on while other retailers still had it).

Its not the only product, they just did the same with a Saint Seiya EX figure, I'm guessing it has more to do with the bug that let you put an order on an out of stock article and IF they get more stock they'll put the item page up again

Seems like HLJ deleted the Metal Build Strike Freedom page as well after it went to 'Order Stop' couple days ago.

Got mine today. First impression: What a gappy mess! Putting the Super Parts on just made it worse. It just... looks like a toy. The Arcadia had it's faults (drooping nose on mine) but this is not on par IMO, the high amount of tampo be damned.

is the problem with yours (1) the tailfin does not have the circular tab, or (2) the hinge on the leg does not have a hole for the tab on the tailfin?

either way, should be an easy fix. I'd take the 20% off.

Problem is 1 as you mentioned. No tab on the tailfin. The hinge on the leg does have a hole but it's distorted and almost looks like it has superglue on it.

I've taken the 20%.

Gone away for the weekend with my wife so I missed the stock at amiami earlier otherwise I might have sent it back.

Although given Momar's experience with them and similar issues with his Arcadia bird I'm kinda glad that decision was taken out of my hands.

I sold my Arcadia YF-19 and VF-0D a little while back, just picked up the Bandai from CDJapan. Obviously I regret selling the Arcadia(s), but it helped me out paying for my kids summer program at the YMCA this year ($850). I didn't think I'd be able to score one of these 19's since these DX releases sell out so darn fast... Aesthetically, I kinda like the Bandai a little more but both are great imo.

In fighter mode one of the legs on mine has a wider gap to the shield than the other. Both sides seem identical further up where the hips connect to the body. I'm suspecting the arms position, has anybody experienced this problem?

Edited by Frogze

It might not be too hard to drill out the tail and add a pin to hold it in, so I'd think that tail should definitely be fixable. Even if you just build up a lump of superglue to hold it in, it might work, though you might need to repair the notch for the tab if it's been distorted.

Joining the ranks! :lol: Just showed up courtesy of CD Japan and good ol' slow & steady SAL.

Super gappy out of the box, but it's very obviously due to mis-transformations so I'm not concerned. I have a bad habit of doing things spectacularly wrong when transforming things on my own, so going to wait and see if someone will post up a video guide before attempting the transformation.

Love the matte finish and the shade of tan plastic Bandai used for the fuselage is perfect. I do wish they'd made the legs a little wider to reduce the gap between the shield and legs in fighter (it would make the battroid look a bit more like the Arcadia too, which I prefer), but otherwise I'm very happy with what I'm seeing so far.

post-197-0-35361300-1435956575_thumb.jpg

I was charged 2610 yen SAL registered to Canada back at January initial pre-order time. They must have got the wrong box size from Bandai at that time and is charging real cost for them now.

Same here, and I think you hit the issue dead on. We were charged the "Small Packet" SAL rate whereas now they're only offering "Parcel Post" rate which is for items that do not fit within the Small Packet size limits. Pretty awesome of CD Japan to honor their preorder shipping quotes, unlike some retailers (*cough* Nippon-Yasan).

Joining the ranks! :lol: Just showed up courtesy of CD Japan and good ol' slow & steady SAL.

Super gappy out of the box, but it's very obviously due to mis-transformations so I'm not concerned. I have a bad habit of doing things spectacularly wrong when transforming things on my own, so going to wait and see if someone will post up a video guide before attempting the transformation.

Love the matte finish and the shade of tan plastic Bandai used for the fuselage is perfect. I do wish they'd made the legs a little wider to reduce the gap between the shield and legs in fighter (it would make the battroid look a bit more like the Arcadia too, which I prefer), but otherwise I'm very happy with what I'm seeing so far.

attachicon.gif009.jpg

Same here, and I think you hit the issue dead on. We were charged the "Small Packet" SAL rate whereas now they're only offering "Parcel Post" rate which is for items that do not fit within the Small Packet size limits. Pretty awesome of CD Japan to honor their preorder shipping quotes, unlike some retailers (*cough* Nippon-Yasan).

But that doesn't explain how AmiAmi and CDJapan have DRASTICALLY different rates on the EXACT SAME services??? That's what I'm wondering about???

Got my piece a couple of days ago. :-)

Waiting for some free time to get it out of the box. :-P

Hopefully no issues with the QC.

It was the last one left in the store...

post-30703-0-90055000-1435976328_thumb.jpg

But that doesn't explain how AmiAmi and CDJapan have DRASTICALLY different rates on the EXACT SAME services??? That's what I'm wondering about???

Yeah, it's pricey for sure, wasn't HLJ like 3200JPY for EMS? CD Japan doesn't have the best shipping rates for large shipments, so that's probably playing into it, and maybe they're trying to recoup the money they lost on the underestimated preorder shipping quotes. :lol:

Yeah, it's pricey for sure, wasn't HLJ like 3200JPY for EMS? CD Japan doesn't have the best shipping rates for large shipments, so that's probably playing into it, and maybe they're trying to recoup the money they lost on the underestimated preorder shipping quotes. :lol:

HLJ has the cheapest EMS shipping as their rates are discounted rates and not the standard Japan Post rates. It was 2,980 yen to ship the VF-19.

so i finally got some free time so i'm gonna try transforming it back to fighter for the first time. gonna try with the fast packs on.

post-2195-0-23826400-1435981268_thumb.jpg

so it took me over an hour but i'd still say it was relatively painless once i removed those bits behind the legs. is it really supposed to be able to transform with those still on? the bit came completely off and the sliding door was pushed in as soon as i pushed the leg in place so i just didn't even bother with them after that. it took a while to massage the gaps out and it still looks a little gappy but i feel like now that i'm used to it i'd be able to do it pretty quickly next time.

post-2195-0-20318900-1435989024_thumb.jpg