Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Guest davidwhangchoi

MITP*! Make it happen! :lol:

*Mint In Tissue Paper!

LOL

The one I got from HLJ also had the tissue paper, and then it was shrink wrapped too. Guess which one stayed in the box?

hlj took away the bandai shipping foam wrap and shrink wrapped it :lol:

Mine is a gappy mess compared to some of the other photos I've seen on here. Sigh... I just spent an hour trying to transform it back and forth to get rid of the gaps and every time I have gaps but not always the same gaps. Also, is it just me or does the shield look like it ascends as it goes to the rear of the craft?

Edit- 30 minutes later it now looks acceptable... man, that was a struggle.

Edited by jenius

Mine is a gappy mess compared to some of the other photos I've seen on here. Sigh... I just spent an hour trying to transform it back and forth to get rid of the gaps and every time I have gaps but not always the same gaps. Also, is it just me or does the shield look like it ascends as it goes to the rear of the craft?

cant wait for your review jenius. kipidap!

Finally sold enough on eBay to pay for my HLJ private warehouse shipping fee. What a terrible spot to be stuck in!

Thanks for all the pics to tide me over until it arrives!

It's been awhile since I placed an order for an item with HLJ, but is it normal for an item in private warehouse to take this long to ship? Tomorrow will be 3 days, not counting the partial day after I paid for it. I guess I need to be patient. I'd be less picky if it wasn't EMS. Knowing it's fast shipping makes it harder to wait for.

Back on topic, loving the comparison photos, all! Especially those between the super packs. So much to tweak to make them look right on the 19.

Edited by mickyg

Guest davidwhangchoi

So you're getting 3 units from HLJ through various proxies?

lol, i think common sense will answer that.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

For a little while there I had considered getting a 3rd for myself so I could display one in each mode but looking at pics of the 19 in gerwalk I decided against it..

Don't get me wrong I love the 19 but they suck in gerwalk..

Wrong, wrong, wroooooooooong.

Oh so tempted to get a 3rd. I already have 2 of these and 2 from Arcadia... when is it time to admit when you have a YF-19 problem?? :wacko:

I think it would be slightly more okay if they weren't all the same paint scheme...

Edited by Mommar

I caved and bought another. I couldn't resist the siren call of Amiami's big, orange "Add to Cart" button. Which is kind of a rare sight when it comes to Bandai Macross toys...

Figured I'd have one plain fighter, one fighter with super packs, and one in battroid mode. :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

I caved and bought another. I couldn't resist the siren call of Amiami's big, orange "Add to Cart" button. Which is kind of a rare sight when it comes to Bandai Macross toys...

Figured I'd have one plain fighter, one fighter with super packs, and one in battroid mode. :)

yeah, i'm tempted as well

Did you manage to sort the shield tilting up towards the back?

I've got mine in hand now (arrived from HLJ with savage import duty) and while mine isn't a gappy mess out of the box, there is some disappointment.

The left hand vertical (ok not vertical but you know what i mean) stabiliser fell off as soon as I unfolded it.

It doesn't stay on right and every time i move it, it gets loose if it doesn't fall off completely.

Considering a polite complaint letter to HLJ.

Design wise:

I agree with previous posters on the canards, they don't tilt up enough.

I dont understand why the tabs for the lower part of the wing glove are so low, leaving the wide gaps at the back as previously mentioned. Unnecessary.

I feel like this is a slightly rushed Ver.1 and that a "Renewal" version will probably address many of the issues.

I'm a little bummed at the tail/stabiliser issue but I like the feel and look of the toy. The tampo is glorious, the colour and finish is good. I love the landing gear (even though it's fiddly as hell to get the nose wheel out).

Now dare I transform it?

It came with the factory tissue paper

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Congrats David! Make sure there's no stain in that tissue paper. lol Hahaha! :lol:

You're not alone in that category, Jenius. I spent more than an hour too to put it back to Fighter mode. ;) As for the shield ascending, you can hold the shield while it's attached to the arm and to rotate it down a little (and the arm as well) to make it straight. In that effect, it will also help to align the shield rail properly besides the head.

Any tips to reduce the gap between the shield and legs in fighter mode? Looks like mine has wider gap than some of the pictures.

Check if the leg's tabs are properly inserted to the side of the back area. And try to squeeze a little holding both locking tabs of the wing gloves together. Hope that helps. ;)

For a little while there I had considered getting a 3rd for myself so I could display one in each mode but looking at pics of the 19 in gerwalk I decided against it..

Don't get me wrong I love the 19 but they suck in gerwalk..

What?! :blink: No 3 modes display on this bird for you, Spanner? :lol:

Back on topic, loving the comparison photos, all! Especially those between the super packs. So much to tweak to make them look right on the 19.

Thanks mickyg. ^_^ I didn't know there was so much difference in it. I only assumed the difference would be where the wings are inserted. But overall, The Advanced is more 'squarish' looking on the edges not as curvy looking than the regular ones. And the tip of the booster, the white part, is thinner.

Oh so tempted to get a 3rd. I already have 2 of these and 2 from Arcadia... when is it time to admit when you have a YF-19 problem?? :wacko:

Hmmm... When you still have the 1/72 YF-19 in display? :rolleyes: But kidding aside, for me, YF-19 is the next best thing that happened after VF-1. ;)

Well, I freaking love the 19... But when's the 21/22 going to get some love?

Hear that, Arcadia? ;) Oh and Bandai too. We'd love to see what's your take on 21/22. :lol: Probably, they will wait for Arcadia's 21 release first, then make their own 'SMS' themed 21 by flourishing what's Arcadia's done on their renewal. Hehehe.

Damn... now I need to fit a VF-19 Advanced into my wings of goodbye shelf with both the Alto YF-29 and brera super 27 :0

Squishy time. :lol:

Design wise:

I agree with previous posters on the canards, they don't tilt up enough.

I dont understand why the tabs for the lower part of the wing glove are so low, leaving the wide gaps at the back as previously mentioned. Unnecessary.

I feel like this is a slightly rushed Ver.1 and that a "Renewal" version will probably address many of the issues.

I'm a little bummed at the tail/stabiliser issue but I like the feel and look of the toy. The tampo is glorious, the colour and finish is good. I love the landing gear (even though it's fiddly as hell to get the nose wheel out).

Now dare I transform it?

Wait until you attached the legs Fast Packs and worry where to hide the locking tabs on the upper part of the wing glove as well. ;)

And YES, transform it! :lol:

Is that a problem with the toy? (^o^) Perhaps some of us could help you out.

I've sent HLJ an email about the tail. Gonna wait and see what they say before I do anything else with it.

Made a short vid too. https://youtu.be/VyOpNSTVWOo

:(

Sorry to see that, Moosey. So the tailfin doesn't have a circular tab where it connects to the hinge? Hope HLJ will reply to your email soon. ;)

Now, have to check my 2nd one tonight just in case. :rolleyes:

By the way, just to update everyone out there who still doesn't get any copies from the top 3 online shops. It's from Plamoya and SolarisJapan. Sad to say, it's already $260 and $240 respectively. And that's without shipping yet. Anyways, good luck! ^_^

Sorry to see that, Moosey. So the tailfin doesn't have a circular tab where it connects to the hinge? Hope HLJ will reply to your email soon. ;)

Yeah that's pretty much it. Hope they get back to me alright but since they're sold out a replacement is unlikely.

Hopefully they might be able to source a new tail for me............maybe........but we all know the likelihood of this is low.

Thanks for posting the AmiAmi link! Nabbed one. Waited 15 years to finally get one (or however long it's been since Mac+ came out)...it's about time I got one. XD

Pssst, it's not the YF-19! (^.^')

Transforming it back to fighter mode, I tried my best to align everything up as well as possible. It fits together like a puzzle and when done right, it looks amazing and its extremely tight. For mine, the gunpod doesn't even droop when the arms are connected to the shield. The shield gap is unfortunately unfixable as the legs have a curvature to it.

post-10580-0-79641800-1435862216_thumb.jpg

post-10580-0-06376200-1435862229_thumb.jpg

post-10580-0-21400200-1435862289_thumb.jpg

Edited by Actar

Actar, do you have any idea what missteps are happening when we end up with drooping gunpods? What are we doing wrong?

Edit: never mind. I took a closer look at how the arm positioning impacted the shield and the gunpod when in fighter mode. The key is angling the upper arms at the shoulder joint lower so that it drags the shield down further. Doing so has the opposite effect of raising the angle of the front of the gunpod higher, eliminating most if not all of the droop. Also make sure to squeeze the top and the bottom of the torso assembly together to make that area more compact. Your gunpod shouldn't droop after that, and your shield shouldn't angle up so much when in fighter mode.

post-7029-0-48605500-1435869926_thumb.jpg

post-7029-0-05867000-1435869965_thumb.jpg

Edited by whitestar

Long shot, because I don't know why you would under normal circumstances, but has anyone opened up the lower leg to get at the spring mechanism? It appears that on one of my 19's legs, the spring was put in backwards because the filler panel (the thin one, that goes up the midle when you extend the upper part of the leg panel) just droops down into the leg when I pull out the foot. There are two screws present that I've removed but it doesn't seem to free up anything and It looks like the rest of the screws are hidden behind covers.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm talking about this narrow panel here (sorry to steal your pic, Actar)

droopylegpanel.jpg

There's zero spring tension on it at all, the long part of the spring is just flopping loose inside the leg.

Edited by QuinJester

The shield gap is unfortunately unfixable as the legs have a curvature to it.

making the shield wider at the base chould have eliminated the gaps, but Bandai decided not to change it since day 1, when they showed us the prototype.

Wrong, wrong, wroooooooooong.

so maybe that was a little harsh of me.. ok so it isn't exactly crap but it certainly isn't the best looking thing in that mode..

What?! :blink: No 3 modes display on this bird for you, Spanner? :lol:

Yeah nahhh not gonna bother with a 3rd seeing as im not so keen on its gerwalk mode and I think I'd rather put the money towards another VF-0A instead.. currently I have two pre-ordered and it might end up being three!

Edited by spanner76