Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

From my understanding, all Valk designs whether on paper or toy form are property of Big West. Thus any gimmick or feature developed by Bandai or Arcadia are still owned by BW. And if anything is copied by either party, it's done with full approval from BW. Heck, it's even conceivable that BW would pass along designs from one party to another.

Unlike others here my experience with the bandai has been overwhelmingly positive but i have yet to transform it from battroid back to fighter. Although to be honest, just getting the right lerx loose and the wing boosters on were 1 hr+ struggles, while getting the pinpoint barrier cabbage off was another battle. Still i think it looks good enough in fighter for it to be a matter of taste whether you prefer it or the Arcadia, and while i personally prefer the arcadia sculpt in battroid, the added articulation of the bandai (and tight ankles)make the battroid action poses so much better. You guys have got me downright terrified of transforming it back in fighter though.

Edited by cyde01

Unlike others here my experience with the bandai has been overwhelmingly positive but i have yet to transform it from battroid back to fighter. Although to be honest, just getting the right lerx loose and the wing boosters on were 1 hr+ struggles, while getting the pinpoint barrier cabbage off was another battle. Still i think it looks good enough in fighter for it to be a matter of taste whether you prefer it or the Arcadia, and while i personally prefer the arcadia sculpt in battroid, the added articulation of the bandai (and tight ankles)make the battroid action poses so much better. You guys have got me downright terrified of transforming it back in fighter though.

It took me an hour to get it back to fighter. Maybe it was a mix of adding the super parts and the first time I'd done it, but eventually I removed the super parts and everything became a lot easier. But this thing now has scratches aplenty so watch out for the black tampo getting damaged.

I don't see what all the fuss is, I was able to transform this thing in a matter of minutes. I didn't even need the instructions. It just transformed like an other YF/VF series. I actually like the use of sliding joints and extensions to extra bars.

I will say those wing boosters... well one of them is just a PITA to get tight, the other popped on right away.

and the wings don't need any support to hold up the boosters in Batt mode. The front gear mechanism is pretty cool.

But ultimately the gear will slide forward if moved even in the slightest with gear down. should have figured out a way to lock it down.

All in all, the small issues don't out weigh what a slamming deal the whole thing is. Still can't believe we got all the accessories and

extras for around 180$!

Anubis - Last time I heard, they can't replace parts outside of Japan because of legal reasons.
but I assume most places won't replace parts for international just due to it being a pita, and time consuming.

Edited by skullmilitia

Great comparison pics no3ljm, thank you for posting them. :D

My YF-19 is in fighter mode and didn't want to transform it. :p

Fantastic comparison pics Noel!

Each has its good and bad points but to be honest they both are just as good as each other really..

Thanks Saburo and Spanner. Just helping out people here to see comparison shots for both, esp to members who doesn't have the other variant. ;) And I just had a free time last night so I decided to make it. Though I just left the Gerwalk comparison. Will probably do that next time. ^_^

Isn't that standard policy for both Bandai and Arcadia? If you are local to Japan, you have access to spare parts. If you are an international buyer, you are out of luck.

*snip*

Anubis - Last time I heard, they can't replace parts outside of Japan because of legal reasons.

but I assume most places won't replace parts for international just due to it being a pita, and time consuming.

True. Any manufacturer in Japan probably doing the same thing. I remember those model kits before that they have always put the address and phone number to call if you need to order a replacement parts. Too bad, we don't have access on those policy. And I don't think members from this forum who lives in Japan can help one of us either. Probably those manufacturers will ask them first like where did they purchase it? Or do you have the receipt or something just to show proof? It's not going to be like they just gonna call or email the manufacturers to send them replacement parts. Coz if that's doable, for sure Japan members here would've already offered this service to us. ;)

Can anyone tell me if there are differences in these wing boosters versus the ones for the VF-25? Like a side by side comparison pic? Thanks.

Probably just minor stuff. But the main difference for sure is the Booster's Wing Slots. Will try to shoot pix tonight. ;)

oh bandai.. why can you make the upper wing lerx attach to the super part... :(

My complaint too. :lol:

That's why they 'hide' it on their promotional photos. ;)

post-5552-0-73238300-1435272682_thumb.jpg

Mail lady yesterday was really nice and came back around to drop mine off.

The front landing gear required my tweezers to deploy, and the tow hook is plastic.

The canard rotating mechanism is very delicate.

Other than that, the build quality to me is amazing.

Seems to me in Japan you can actually get replacement parts only from Bandai... This guy got new canards... I think we have been fed BS by these retailers <_<

Interesting. Bandai replied to its customers by giving warning on some delicate parts on the VF-19 Advance by encircling them in the attached photo. That's nice. ^_^

Reposting here Anubis' posted pic. Cropped and enlarged.

post-5552-0-29578300-1435771140_thumb.jpg

- Head lasers

- Upper chest area (black and red stripes)

- Tubes under the chest area

- Collapsed neck cover on the shield

- Machine gun housing on the wing attached to the hips (probably on paint or part scratching when put back to Fighter/Gerwalk modes.

- Wing body that holds the folder wing for paint scratching

- Leg fins

From my understanding, all Valk designs whether on paper or toy form are property of Big West. Thus any gimmick or feature developed by Bandai or Arcadia are still owned by BW. And if anything is copied by either party, it's done with full approval from BW. Heck, it's even conceivable that BW would pass along designs from one party to another.

If that would be the case, then it'll be all good if/when Arcadia officially licenses and distributes those T-Rex boosters for their YF-19...

So, if that's the case, what's stopping Arcadia or T-Rex to ask Big West to mass produced their YF-19's Advanced Boosters, when Big West already approved the passed-on design from Arcadia to Bandai to produce their VF-19 Advanced (e.g. the Fast Mode wing bars, etc.)? I know Arcadia/T-Rex can't release the boosters in so many quantities due to Bandai owning the Frontier license, then how come Bandai mass produced the VF-19 by using some Arcadia's design input? Weird legality issues, right? :unsure:

So as of now, what's the cheapest place to pick up one of these?

Max928 is already selling his. Better grab it now. Good luck. ;)

So, if that's the case, what's stopping Arcadia or T-Rex to ask Big West to mass produced their YF-19's Advanced Boosters, when Big West already approved the passed-on design from Arcadia to Bandai to produce their VF-19 Advanced (e.g. the Fast Mode wing bars, etc.)? I know Arcadia/T-Rex can't release the boosters in so many quantities due to Bandai owning the Frontier license, then how come Bandai mass produced the VF-19 by using some Arcadia's design input? Weird legality issues, right? :unsure:

Most likely it's about what was negotiated in the agreements and how much in license fees is being paid. In general, the more fees a licensee pays, the more rights they get (which could include how much of what they can produce) from the licensor.

Max928 is already selling his. Better grab it now. Good luck. ;)

Wow, so how much is shipping exactly from Japan to the US? Haha. That one site someone linked the other day had it for around $185 plus shipping...so that's $60 more for shipping. lol

Does anyone know somewhere that might have it at a comparable price to that $185 + shipping?

Edited by protostar8

Wow, so how much is shipping exactly from Japan to the US? Haha. That one site someone linked the other day had it for around $185 plus shipping...so that's $60 more for shipping. lol

Does anyone know somewhere that might have it at a comparable price to that $185 + shipping?

not everyone was able to jump on that deal and right after they ran out of stock, everywhere else the price was inflated to $200+ before shipping.

EMS was more like $25-ish on HLJ, and there is also foreign transaction fee of about $5 from paypal (just checked with my bank).

Edited by aaajin

Most likely it's about what was negotiated in the agreements and how much in license fees is being paid. In general, the more fees a licensee pays, the more rights they get (which could include how much of what they can produce) from the licensor.

Ok, somehow I get it. But does that mean, if the licensee pays more to produce from the licensor, would that mean that they can just get the updated designs made by the other competitor/licensee? I know the licensee pays to produce a product with the agreement from the licensor. Now if another licensee pays to the licensor to produce somehow the same product but with a different model name because somehow fans gets so giggly for seeing it for 5 seconds, would this licensee be entitled to somehow use the design made by the previous licensee? Even though the licensor gave the go signal since they 'owned' the said design from the previous licensee based on their terms, what royalties the previous licensee gets if the new licensee use their design, right? :unsure: I mean, why not Arcadia/T-Rex offers the Advanced Boosters as an exclusive web order instead? You know, just like a give and take situation. Would Bandai 'interferes' since they paid more?

We'll see when Arcadia redesigns the YF-21 and if this theory about BW lifting designs from toy companies is true then Bandai will have their own rendition of the Omega. Perhaps bandai will reap the benefits from Evolution Toys with their own entry of the vf-2ss by addressing some of the flaws in their game. I'm glad that Bandai has finally offered the Macross fans an SOC of anything Valkyrie related.

I'll call that 'cheating' instead of reaping. Hahaha! :lol: But yeah, I must admit I'm interested to see a Bandai YF-21 to go with their VF-19. ^_^

not everyone was able to jump on that deal and right after they ran out of stock, everywhere else the price was inflated to $200+ before shipping.

EMS was more like $25-ish on HLJ, and there is also foreign transaction fee of about $5 from paypal (just checked with my bank).

True. Not everyone get a chance on getting it the first preorder night. And some got it after the mark up price which I did. Why don't you just ask the seller first where he bought it so that you'll know since he mentioned that he's already selling it lower. It wouldn't hurt if you just PM him instead. By the way, is the $185+shipping from that site you mentioned is still available? If yes, better get it before it's gone. If not, then just wait if something pops up on the stores or on the 'For Sale' threads. Anyways, good luck on your hunt. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Looking at these pictures really makes me want to join the fun. I really thought it was just a straight re do of the Arcadia with SMS tampo. I just might trade my Arcadia for one.

However I'm a bit worried after a few transformations that the legs might get loose like the rest of the 25 line.

Can anyone tell me if there are differences in these wing boosters versus the ones for the VF-25? Like a side by side comparison pic? Thanks.

Here you go, wmkjr. Length-wise and thickness, they're the same. Corner edges wise, it's more squarish looking on the Advanced Bossters. And the major difference is the wing slot middle section area. Almost the same tampo prints except the SMS on the Advanced Boosters are bigger. And the tip on the Advanced Booster is thinner than the regular boosters. Hope that helps. ;)

P1140680_zps9nd4ackz.jpg

P1140684_zpsfwse9psx.jpg

P1140685_zpscmg4aseo.jpg

P1140686_zps2sgjlojd.jpg

Looking at these pictures really makes me want to join the fun. I really thought it was just a straight re do of the Arcadia with SMS tampo. I just might trade my Arcadia for one.

However I'm a bit worried after a few transformations that the legs might get loose like the rest of the 25 line.

To be honest, if you can swing getting one without letting go of the Arcadia I'd recommend it. They're kinda two halves to the same coin.

Edited by Mommar

I agree. There's no way in hell this replaces my two Arcadias. I love what Bandai did and all but no way...

Edited by xrentonx

I agree. There's no way in hell this replaces my two Arcadias. I love what Bandai did and all but no way...

Me too. As much as I like Bandai's effort on this one and bought two VF-19's, I will also not replace my 2 Arcadia's. ;)

Guest davidwhangchoi

i just got home from MA and found 2 of 4 vf-19 were delivered from a contact. (one more is coming from CDjapan via SAL and the last one is in private warehouse hlj) i'll take it for a whirl soon.

Here you go, wmkjr. Length-wise and thickness, they're the same. Corner edges wise, it's more squarish looking on the Advanced Bossters. And the major difference is the wing slot middle section area. Almost the same tampo prints except the SMS on the Advanced Boosters are bigger. And the tip on the Advanced Booster is thinner than the regular boosters. Hope that helps. ;)

Thanks!