Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Am I the only one bugged by this?

jYzebQg.jpg

::edit:: Even better pic:

20150623_190231.jpg

Look at the wing-glove, at the root, at the rear. (near ankle). See that huge vertical gap on the Bandai? The lower part of the root is nowhere near the actual wing. The Arcadia's, while it doesn't plug or tab anywhere (also an irk to me), at least "stays close to" the actual wing.

Is that huge gap needed for the wing to fold for high-speed mode or something? Because the Arcadia wing folds the exact same way, yet the "long skinny fingers" of the glove, above and below the wing, manage to stay pretty close to the wing.

This is what I tried to explain in a couple of earlier posts, thanks for sharing the pic and explaining it better than me lol. That gap from the side irks me, I don't understand why it is so wide.

This is what I tried to explain in a couple of earlier posts, thanks for sharing the pic and explaining it better than me lol. That gap from the side irks me, I don't understand why it is so wide.

It's wide because the lower half of the wing glove has a tab holding it down away from the wing. The Arcadia one doesn't have a tab, but the lower half is naturally curved upwards around the wing, and flexes away when you move the wings.

I don't know if the gap is necessary, but the Arcadia's wing can actually hang up on the lower glove, because the hardpoints stick out slightly.

What really strikes me as different about the Bandai one is that the legs are a completely different shape. They taper a ton towards the top, and it actually looks like the area around the foot is the wrong shape, but it still works in general.

Is Arcadia releasing another YF-19? Only Arcadia knows. They could reissue their 1/60 version, but won't likely do it for the foreseeable future since Bandai just released their VF-19 Adv.

What would it include? Probably the same array of ordnance as their original release, including fast packs, and stand adapter. Chances for a Fold Booster are slim, unless they choose to do something like a Ghost X-9 and include the booster with it. Otherwise, you'd need to hunt down a Yamato fold Booster -- they are compatible.

Arcadia's YF-19, AFAIK, does not suffer from crumbling anything, but it does have severe weak ankle syndrome due to horrible design inherited from Yamato's VF-19s.

Price-wise, Arcadia's YF-19 was almost 100 USD more than Bandai's VF-19 Adv. And their value has been increasing despite Bandai's new entry.

Look to Bandai to make one in their HI METAL R series of toys, if the line survives long enough. There are also the VF-19 Kai and VF-19S that were produced from their old, now defunct, HI METAL line.

Thanks for the info! So if I go Arcadia, make sure it's an Arcadia (and not their old name) one. I was thinking Soul of Chogokin would be amazing quality b/c I hear people talk about how nice the quality is on them. So is the Arcadia version more in line with Macross Plus in terms of shape whereas the new Bandai one is more like the Frontier Movie (which I didn't know existed until I saw the VF-19 today). lol

How much have the Arcadia's gone up in price. Ebay is NEVER a good tell of true price, so seeing that guy's for $330 seems to be about what it would have cost originally no???

during preorder back in 2013 the Arcadia YF-19 was priced at

28,980 JPY - amiami

29,520 JPY - HLJ (went down to 26,568 during Black Friday, good times)

upon release (end March 2014) it was priced around USD$270 before shipping at HLJ.com and USD$285 at amiami.

FYI

nowadays on Mandarake or Yahoo Japan it'll be minimum 30k-32k yen for opened/displayed condition...

Edited by barurutor

A couple unopened ones have popped up on Mandarake at 27k yen. I've been tempted to snatch one each time, but I've held back. They're not up for long though. (I only see them because I work overnight, so I see lots of Mandarake updates as they go up.)

Mine has finally arrived! Tomorrow I will begin putting the Arcadia and Bandai through their paces... but it will probably take a couple weeks to get it all done... anymoon is many things... but it's not fast.

Jenius: Awesome. Can't wait to see your review and side by side shots of the birds.

Mine has finally arrived! Tomorrow I will begin putting the Arcadia and Bandai through their paces... but it will probably take a couple weeks to get it all done... anymoon is many things... but it's not fast.

Looking forward to your review. :D

When I look at that close-up pic of the lower leg, all I see is "wow, look at that lovely surface detail on the verniers and the amazing tampo" :p

one think that buged me.. will we see a special release of valk weapon set from bandai?

They would have announced something closer to this release, usually around the launch. Maybe they think people would have bought the VF-171 and it's for them.

They could announce something before the year is out for next year, perhaps tie it into momentum for the next TV series and its main valk? So in that way there's something to release right at the start of the year.

This is my opinion but I really hate the ordinance from the 171 because it really looks old or does not really fit in the Frontier timeline (though I know it is due to the animation team who did the Frontier recycling the ordinance from Macross Zero).

Hopefully, they still plan to have Valk weapon set for Frontier.

My lord. Just finished transforming my 19. That was hard. And sweat inducing

To start, one of the tabs on the wing seemed like it was glued on. No jokes. It took me ten minutes to pry it free. Super tight but thank the heavens nothing snapped. Then the same thing with the nose cone detachment. When it was all said and done that was a half hour of sheer terror.

Good thing it transforms into such a beautiful machine! Only problem I have is the small sliding bit on the back of the legs is dirty on one side. The shield mechanism is sweet but the way the metal bar swings into the wings has me worrying it'll break the plastic with all the clicking.

Was there a review of Arcadia's YF-19?

in a way, i wish i could have afforded to jump in on this one, since i really like the forward fuselage/nosecone profile, much more than that of my ARCADIA.

on the whole, however, the ARCADIA wins out in my book, especially the look of it's BATTROID, and the seemingly "wider" appearance of it's FIGHTER mode wingspan...

Edited by Hazuki

My first impressions? It looks incredible, I love the amount of tampo it has, and there's some really cool gimmicks in transformation. On the other hand, a very minor flaw first, but there's a bit of overspray on the black strip running down one of the shoulders on mine, but I'm sure I can fix that up easily enough. Additionally, while I really enjoyed the transformation to Battroid mode, I've spent the last half hour trying to get it back into fighter mode with the FAST packs on, and I hate it. Absolute, seething hatred. The arms and shoulders are frustrating as hell to get back in place properly, and every single attempt has resulted in the little grey armour pieces on the back of the legs to pop off, no matter how I try.

I think I need to take a break from this thing and come back to it later, I'm almost at the point where I want to hurl this thing across the room, take a hammer to it, then douse it in gasoline and set it on fire.

Was there a review of Arcadia's YF-19?

IIRC no....no review, no transformation guide. Maybe now can be a good time :p

Actually, there is. I also posted a transformation guide before on the Arcadia YF-19 thread though YouTube muted my M+ soundtrack audio. :lol:

Here's Odeean's YF-19 review.

My transformation video.

Pinoi78's YF-19 Part 1 review (Part 2 is not uploaded yet).

Hope that helps. ;)

Thanks for all the responses. Still can't decide which I like best, but for that price, I may have to hop on the Bandai one. But then again, $270 yen is about the same isn't it....ugh...hard choices suck!

Get one now while it's still available. If not you can just check the For Sale thread area if anyone is selling their Arcadia or Bandai ones. Good luck! :)

Edited by no3ljm

Well, the problem is that the upper arm has about 8 different joints, (none of which are ratcheted and some sharing the same pin or set on parallel pins with the same axis of rotation) so it takes some form of divine intervention or fluke celestial convergence for them all to be in the exact position they need to be in for this thing to fit together properly.

EDIT: Correction, it's only 7, I just counted.

Edited by Brand-X

I think I need to take a break from this thing and come back to it later, I'm almost at the point where I want to hurl this thing across the room, take a hammer to it, then douse it in gasoline and set it on fire.

please do consider sending it my way first...