Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Got mine today and it was very ill fitting out of box.

Transformed the legs a wings a little to get it aligned again and that fixed it a bit.

I was terrified trying get to disconnect the wingroot from the legs on the right side because it was super tight. It popped out with enough persuasion then I quickly trimmed down the tab.

One of my boosters clicked in very snug, but other didn't want to click into the slot. I think I had the wing in the wrong position.

Also the FAST pack is terrible. All gappy on those outer shoulder parts.

The trap doors around the head on mine aren't flush either and it has to do with the rails from the shield and neck cover. Without the shield installed they click closed perfectly. Would be nice to remove the rails and neck cover, but I think I will pose in Battroid as the posability looks great so no point to remove them.

Very tight all over and took me a while to rotate the wing root away from the legs.

The wings are vastly better than Arcadia YF-19. Nice and tight and no swinging on their own. I'll have to do that tightening trick.

I love the amount of tampo too. This'll give me something to follow for my Arcadia YF-19.

Currently I have mine posed vanilla fighter mode at work. I'll take it home end of the week and maybe spend some time playing with the transformation and if time weather and panel line, finished with a nice coat of Mr flat topcoat. :)

Okay, those FAST packs are indeed horrible. They take forever to attach to the wings and are loose as all hell. Not to mention actually leaving scratches and marks on the black paint. Are those wing boosters loose for everyone as well?

Okay, those FAST packs are indeed horrible. They take forever to attach to the wings and are loose as all hell. Not to mention actually leaving scratches and marks on the black paint. Are those wing boosters loose for everyone as well?

From my time with it today you have to get each booster clicked into the rectangular holes on the wing root. Once I got the left clicked in it was super locked. No wiggle at all.

I just couldn't get my right booster clicked in. Either I had the wing aligned incorrectly to the wing root or I need to shave down the tab on the right booster to fit in the hole on the wing root.

Question. Is the antenna suppose to look like it is sliced right off the tip and have a very point edge? Thought mine was broken but looks like that in the manual but hard to judge from the small pictures. I'll need to look at some review photos to compare.

The head laser is supposed to have an angled tip, so don't worry about that.

As far as the wing boosters are concerned, yes, I think they goofed up the molding process on the right one. Both the larger rectangular tab, and the little nub on top looked like they were melted. I had to use a razor blade to trim the lower tab a little, and give it sharp edges to actually get it to hold onto the slot on the wing root. It still isn't what I would call a solid connection, but it stays decently enough.

yeah one side booster doesn't want to stay on so well and pops off if you are not careful when handling it. Kinda irritating but im hoping that when my 2nd one arrives its doesn't have this issue. Im hopeful of this as many others don't seem to have this issue so im wondering if its just a manufacturing issue with a certain batch. Fingers crossed.

Yup, right one is problematic for me as well.

The trap doors around the head on mine aren't flush either and it has to do with the rails from the shield and neck cover. Without the shield installed they click closed perfectly. Would be nice to remove the rails and neck cover, but I think I will pose in Battroid as the posability looks great so no point to remove them.

Mine actually align perfectly. You actually have to press them in with a bit of force and they click.

IMG_6683_zpsvgq5af4s.jpg

Edited by Actar

from rnurmin's flickr, rotated:

jYzebQg.jpg?1

Interesting to see these two next to each other. They both look good for different reasons. One is very soft and rounded like the anime and the other is very sharp edged like it was a 3D model. It looks like both Arcadia and Bandai got their respective targets correct.

Edited by Mommar

from rnurmin's flickr, rotated:

jYzebQg.jpg?1

Thanks, Barurutor.

I was having a hard time trying to attach a pic, hence I saved them into flickr instead.

One thing I noticed from my Bandai:

- the right wing metal bar clicks when I rotate the wings. I didn't hear the same click on the left wing. I recalled seeing the same message across other members where left wing's metal bar doesn't click

From quick comparison:

- The gaps on the legs in Bandai (between the shield in fighter mode) is an eye sore. Arcadia won on this part. Kind of wishing that they either make the top section of the leg a bit wider or make a wider shield.

- Amount of Tampos. Bandai won this hands down. Hopefully Arcadia will take notice of this and implement it on their future release. The comparison pic made Arcadia's look really bland.

I like both versions (Arcadia and Bandai), each has its' own strengh and weakness.

Will try to attach the fast pack booster tomorrow and see if the right booster has the same issue

Yup, right one is problematic for me as well.

Mine actually align perfectly. You actually have to press them in with a bit of force and they click.

IMG_6683_zpsvgq5af4s.jpg

Does anyone else have any issue with the wing root on the left side of the screen not sitting flush against the torso piece in fighter mode? There's a huge gap on mine that I can't get rid of. I transformed it into battroid mode over the weekend with the intention of transforming it back to fix any misalignment caused by mistranformation, but I can't bring myself to do so since I absolutely love this thing in battroid mode :wub: Tight joints everywhere, including the swivel on the wing root that's stiff enough to hold the wing assembly with the huge thrusters in place.

Does anyone else have any issue with the wing root on the left side of the screen not sitting flush against the torso piece in fighter mode? There's a huge gap on mine that I can't get rid of. I transformed it into battroid mode over the weekend with the intention of transforming it back to fix any misalignment caused by mistranformation, but I can't bring myself to do so since I absolutely love this thing in battroid mode :wub: Tight joints everywhere, including the swivel on the wing root that's stiff enough to hold the wing assembly with the huge thrusters in place.

2 suspects. Did you make sure the chest tubes are in the proper grooves under the crotch piece?

Also, is the wing root joint all the way in?

Untitled-1_zpsfnoj8rin.jpg

I did not want to spam photos, here are just a few pics of the VF-19. If you would like to see the rest of them, check out my flickr or FB links.

Yeah.....Cause everyone is sooooo annoyed with your pics.... :unsure:

The hips can twist as well as rotate. I know on mine, when going back to fighter, I make sure the hips are rotated outward and that usually cleans up the gap.

Even straight out of the box actually, my right wing root did not want to stay in all the way. It took a little massaging to figure out how to get everything aligned, and gave me flashbacks to the transforming VF-25 kits. :lol:

What actually helped mine was lifting the wing roots a little. Pressing them down into the hips to get the joints flush seems to cause the hips to twist a little, so lifting the wingroot a little helped fix that. The wing root joints are still all the way down, but the wings seem to angle up a tiny bit.

There actually is an image in the instructions that looks like it mentions this, but I can't read what is being called out.

There actually is an image in the instructions that looks like it mentions this, but I can't read what is being called out.

Which page/number is that? If it's 18/18, it notes that you should push it all the way down.

Edited by Actar

Interesting to see these two next to each other. They both look good for different reasons. One is very soft and rounded like the anime and the other is very sharp edged like it was a 3D model. It looks like both Arcadia and Bandai got their respective targets correct.

Gotta agree with Mommar there. I'm all for Mac+ and that's why Arcadia´s does it for me. Bandai's is beautiful and It would be nice to have more tampo on the YF-19, but if I had to choose, I'd get a second Arcadia.

Sorry I may have missed this but can someone tell me which parts are diecast on this? It seems like there is a lot more plastic compared to a renewal vf-25?

Lower part of the back is diecast along with the connector going to the swivel waist inside is diecast. Ankles are diecast. Hip joints are diecast. Not sure if there's diecast on the shoulder area. But over all, it's 80-90% plastic.

*snip*

P6280116_zps8rasylro.jpg

Great pics Swoosh! Love this one. :wub:

My little customized kawaiiko chan finally becomes more kawaii :)

Vr3fkSE.jpg

Great sunset pic, Cryo. ;)

I did not want to spam photos, here are just a few pics of the VF-19. If you would like to see the rest of them, check out my flickr or FB links.

19065812258_d4c32bef3f_h.jpg

18622801643_b7a8653eee_h.jpg

This is not a 'Spam' photos. Hahaha! :lol: Like that new 'Gerwalk' mode. Lastly, there's my new wallpaper right there. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

The hips can twist as well as rotate. I know on mine, when going back to fighter, I make sure the hips are rotated outward and that usually cleans up the gap.

So the hips not rotated outward sufficiently was what caused my wing assembly to not sit flush with the torso part in fighter mode. Rotating the hips outward when in fighter mode also closed up some of the other gaps as well. Also, making sure the wing root joint is all the way in helps (please refer to Actar pics a few posts above). Thanks again ChaoticYeti and Actar!!!

Still trying to figure out what is the best way to keep the cannards up. Mine seems to droop down a bit when bumped into.

Edited by whitestar

There's a big chunk of metal on the back of battroid, much like the Arcadia actually, but majority of it is covered by the 2 square back thrusters.

I just noticed this during my first transformation yesterday. I originally thought the whole backpack was plastic but the bottom-most hinge is metal where the waist rotates. Basically the Battroid has a big metal stick up its ass where the top half rotates :p

yeah it fooled me at first, the mat painting ismaking it almost look like a piece of POM or something but the cold feel gave it away later when handling the battroid mode. Speaking of, I managed to dent the plastic on the crotch rotating mid section where the metalic hips connect. I wasn't paying attention enough and because of the stiffness of the hips I used a bit too much force and the rotating waist did the rest... It's not too obvious though so it's OK but it's a point to take notice of when posing battroid especially if yours has incredibly tight hips like mine.

Transforming it back to fighter was a real ordeal, probably the most frustrating transformation sequence I ever went through. Mine had the stuck wingroot syndrome like the one shown above but ultimately managed to wiggle it in somehow .It's also one of the most rewarding transformations I've done because when all these little bits line-up you're left with a beautiful bird, by far my favorite valk from Bandai to this day

Edited by Frogze

Am I the only one bugged by this?

jYzebQg.jpg

::edit:: Even better pic:

20150623_190231.jpg

Look at the wing-glove, at the root, at the rear. (near ankle). See that huge vertical gap on the Bandai? The lower part of the root is nowhere near the actual wing. The Arcadia's, while it doesn't plug or tab anywhere (also an irk to me), at least "stays close to" the actual wing.

Is that huge gap needed for the wing to fold for high-speed mode or something? Because the Arcadia wing folds the exact same way, yet the "long skinny fingers" of the glove, above and below the wing, manage to stay pretty close to the wing.

So I've been out of the Macross loop for a LONG time. The YF-19 is my favorite jet of all time, hands down. But I've never owned a transforming one unless you count the SHE kit that I can't build b/c I lack the tools and polycaps. lol

So, can someone give me a rundown on some things? Like is Arcadia doing another YF-19? What will it include with it (fast packs? Fold booster? etc?)? If I recall correctly, the Arcadia's in the past had severe issues with the shoulders crumbling among other things, so did they ever fix this in any of their releases or are all the Arcadia's riddled with problems?

Price wise, how do these compare?

I wish a company would FINALLY make a 1/100 scale version!

the arcadias are great actually. so are the bandais. good luck finding an arcadia for a decent price though. the bandai is still available but probably will be sold out within a week or so. after that you'll be stuck with huge mark ups.

Is Arcadia releasing another YF-19? Only Arcadia knows. They could reissue their 1/60 version, but won't likely do it for the foreseeable future since Bandai just released their VF-19 Adv.

What would it include? Probably the same array of ordnance as their original release, including fast packs, and stand adapter. Chances for a Fold Booster are slim, unless they choose to do something like a Ghost X-9 and include the booster with it. Otherwise, you'd need to hunt down a Yamato fold Booster -- they are compatible.

Arcadia's YF-19, AFAIK, does not suffer from crumbling anything, but it does have severe weak ankle syndrome due to horrible design inherited from Yamato's VF-19s.

Price-wise, Arcadia's YF-19 was almost 100 USD more than Bandai's VF-19 Adv. And their value has been increasing despite Bandai's new entry.

Look to Bandai to make one in their HI METAL R series of toys, if the line survives long enough. There are also the VF-19 Kai and VF-19S that were produced from their old, now defunct, HI METAL line.