Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

just paid for mine (as I blindly hit the send payment button!)! I couldn't resist the temptation! I hope this isn't a flopper like every other dx! see what you guys did to me with all those dope pics you posted! looks like I succumbed to peer pressure! LOL!

Haven't had a chance to transform her today but the Bandai feels lighter than the Arcadia to me. Tons of tampo on this thing but that is no surprise since Bandai is no small company.

CD Japan won't let me purchase one since I bought one already.

And that's how you limit one per customer.

yeah I tried for two with CDJ but they wouldn't let me either.. NY let me buy a 2nd but their post release price is a bit higher than most others.

Maybe start up another account with your work or someone else address and then give it a whirl!

congrats to all the late bloomers that got one! I myself pulled an Isamu and let out a manly "yaaahhoooooooo" when I scored one! resistance was futile! proud member of the vf-19 advance club! can't wait to get this valk!

So, after fiddling with this thing a bit, I'm realizing what it reminds me of: the Bandai 1/72 VF-25 kits. It's the same sort of process of pushing, squeezing, and tweaking all the panels from various directions to get them to line up correctly. Once in the proper position, it's a beauty. It's just not really fun to transform.

What I do think though, is that Bandai engineers have a completely out of control fetish for over-complication, and unnecessary complexity. The thing that really sticks out for that.. the neck-cover/shield is just completely ridiculous. I'm tempted to rip the neck cover section off of the shield entirely, and use the regular neck cover they included for gerwalk mode.

That being said, I think the fighter mode of this one is probably my favorite out of every VF-19 variant released. It feels really close to the Hasegawa kit to me honestly, mostly because of the slimmer leg design, and the shape of the intakes. The wing glove hinge especially is a huge improvement over the way Arcadia's does it.. it's entirely flush in fighter, and rotates out pretty easily.

Only nit-picks I think that really detract from it are the strange nose gear design (it's clever yes, but the tiny gear doors look weird to me), and the weirdly out-of-place bulge in the panel under the nose.. it looks like the plane is trying to swallow something too big, and just breaks up the clean lines.

I still like the Arcadia for its balanced design, but I think that'll remain the one I transform regularly, while the Bandai will stay in fighter mode. The Arcadia one kind of looks like an anime aircraft, while this one looks closer to an actual model kit. The tampo isn't so overkill looking in person fortunately.

As a side note, no, the Arcadia weapons don't fit on this one, but I'm thinking if someone makes some new pylons to adapt the Arcadia weapons, we'll have no trouble mounting them. I wonder if Shapeways will print in light tan..

Edited by Chronocidal

Sorry I may have missed this but can someone tell me which parts are diecast on this? It seems like there is a lot more plastic compared to a renewal vf-25?

Only diecast I noticed was the little pieces right where the shoulders connect and swing out from the main body (just like the Arcadia) and the feet.

Only diecast I noticed was the little pieces right where the shoulders connect and swing out from the main body (just like the Arcadia) and the feet.

There's a big chunk of metal on the back of battroid, much like the Arcadia actually, but majority of it is covered by the 2 square back thrusters.

Hey guys,

I didn't pre-order this as I was only vaguely aware it was coming out. I have never tried to get a Bandai DX release and am still pretty new to Macross collecting, though thanks to MW and Anymoon I am learning quickly. My question is: Is this item ever going to restock? Do Bandai DX Chogokin releases usually restock? I don't have any Bandai valks yet, but I trust Bandai to deliver in general. From my experience with other Bandai product lines Bandai loves re-issues / re-releases so should I just wait for the "renewal" or try to snag one now? Thanks!

@microtree- I'd say snag one now. I dunno about the restocking thing for these as I usually try to order via the dreaded pre-order madness. As for re- releases, the VF-25S reissue took a couple of years for that one. The VF-25F was a little better in reissued time. Hopefully a VF-25G one comes out next year or sooner if possible.

@swoosh - I love looking at your pics.

Edited by wmkjr

Thx everyone, got to say Bandai has done a really great job this time!!

Great shots swoosh! I am agree Bandai did well. :)

My little customized kawaiiko chan finally becomes more kawaii :)

Cryo, your shots make me want to head over to the beach. :lol:

Edited by Saburo

Finally had time to open the box of Bandarcadia (got it last Friday). Haven't had a chance to transform it yet.

I also pull out my Arcadia and upon comparing and holding the two (swooshing thru the room), I noticed that the Arcadia version is a tad bit bigger and heavier. Not sure what plastic materials used in both toys. Below are shots of each valk in its' weight in grams.

Arcadia: https://www.flickr.com/photos/11228827@N08/19254223015/in/datetaken/

Bandarcadia: https://www.flickr.com/photos/11228827@N08/19254224315/in/datetaken/

Image oh both from side view: notice the curviness of Arcadia's jet on the front vs Bandai: https://www.flickr.com/photos/11228827@N08/18631774774/in/datetaken/

I must admit, after 20 yrs, Isamu and YF-19 lost some weight :D

Finally had time to open the box of Bandarcadia (got it last Friday). Haven't had a chance to transform it yet.

I also pull out my Arcadia and upon comparing and holding the two (swooshing thru the room), I noticed that the Arcadia version is a tad bit bigger and heavier. Not sure what plastic materials used in both toys. Below are shots of each valk in its' weight in grams.

I must admit, after 20 yrs, Isamu and YF-19 lost some weight :D

Seems Arcadia's have some more diecast frame inside the foots, and she's still have her baby fat...

And Bandai's just like some diet beauty from America's top model...

Seems Arcadia's have some more diecast frame inside the foots, and she's still have her baby fat...

Comparing side to side, it does look like the arcadia is wearing bell bottoms or jnco jeans compared to the bandai which looks more like it has slim fit jeans. For battroid I like the bandai better from most angles especially because of its better articulation. but from straight on forward, the chunky legs of the arcadia does make it look better, especially in an extreme a-stance. Edited by cyde01

Looks great!

I have a request.... Can someone post a fighter profile comparison with the arcadia 19? I'm curious if the nose 'droop' is as evident on the Bandai. Thanks!

Ahab-

After transforming it from Fighter to Battroid and back twice, I have to say that I am loving the figure even more. It's fun to transform (as I love complex transformations) and everything fits perfectly for me in fighter mode. The trapdoors next to the head actually click close if you put enough force on them and stay flush. The gun doesn't seem to hang as much as it does in some pics and there are hardly any seams. Excellent stuff.

Only afraid of scratching paint, But I haven't noticed anything yet.