Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Regarding my earlier comments about the chest unlocking during handling when in Battroid mode, I'd just like to clarify, that as another member already posted, this only happens when you move the shoulders, not during general handling.

As long as you use one hand to stabilize the chest when you're are moving the shoulders, it's fine.

Now that I have it in hand, I am so, so, so impressed with the panels and the stow-away neck cover. The matte finish is gorgeous and the poseablility is great. Hope it doesn't turn into a floppy mess.

The things that gripe me are when you get "NO STEP" printed on the underside of wings (which to be fair, almost makes sense in a zero-g environment, but in zero-g, you wouldn't be "stepping" on anything),

It actually says "NO LIFT" on the underside. :)

Spanner hooked me up, so I got mine. Shes a beaut alright, but a little to complicated for my tastes. It feels like there are a few places where it takes 3 steps to do one thing.

But the big issue for me is the Boosters. The right one does NOT stay on. At all. It just flips off. other one goes on fine, but the second... if i balance it in place and pray real hard i can fake it, but it ain't locking.

Also are u supposed to kleep the small attachment in the upper legs on in Fighter when the FP's are on? Coz i couldn't do that either.

I'm not sure if it was the same booster on mine, but they seem to have molding problems with the tabs. I had to sharpen the edges of the underside tab with a razor blade before it would latch, and the little upper nubs on both my boosters look malformed, like someone sat on them.

Also, to get the pieces for the back of the legs to fit in fighter mode, you have to push the flaps under the shoulders down, and slot them in under the leading edge of the gray piece. It's a stupid thing really, I had to use the tip of a ballpoint pin to reach in there to do do it.

I saw the "NO LIFT" marks too, that made me laugh. :lol:

Oh, one thing I realized about their entire shield mechanism... It's actually just wrong. The screencaps of the movie show the shield sitting behind the head with the exact same gap as the old YF-19, and nothing like the cowling they added to streamline the head. It doesn't look bad, but the sliding neck cover just feels completely unnecessary when you need a separate neck cover for gerwalk. :rolleyes:

Edited by Chronocidal

so i got my copy today, transformed it and was shooting pics all happy as a clam. after shooting some pinpoint barrier punch pics, was gonna swap hands and snap some pics holding the gunpod, when the nub for the pinpoint barrier wrist got stuck on. this may sound like a stupid question, but to all those who have used the pinpoint barrier wrist and swapped with other wrists, how do you get it off? two hours of twisting and prying have gotten me no where.

I have been playing with mine this morning, and switched it up from the punch pose. I was able to remove the cabbage. The soft rubberish plastic did come off of the grey wrist piece. I than removed the wrist piece separately.

6HuQPuJh.jpg

Just got mine in from the post office. It's all untabbed and gappy in the box but that's the fault of the factory guys. It's awesome so far! Gonna transform and take a closer look to see how much I like it.

I actually got my fast pack armor to stay on properly, fighter mode looks really wicked with the Boosters on!! B))

Once you get all of the tabs lined up, they stay on really well. It is tricky to get the hardpoint tab to line up. I find it makes it easier if you wiggle the wing a little while you are putting the boosters on.

Here are some comparison pics, mostly in gerwalk. I left the neck covers off. I would have kept going, but my arcadia ankles went all floppy. I had applied future with a dropper awhile ago, but I just got done disassembling the ankles and applied some properly. I'll post a pictorial in the arcadia 19 thread later.

YJgz8wWh.jpg

tUYini9h.jpg

zWZvLTBh.jpg

RYCL6ZKh.jpg

OKcIeD1h.jpg

caQXpr1h.jpg

ihaauUjh.jpg

QCtI897h.jpg

I have been playing with mine this morning, and switched it up from the punch pose. I was able to remove the cabbage. The soft rubberish plastic did come off of the grey wrist piece. I than removed the wrist piece separately.

so i cannot for the life of me remove the grey wrist piece. i've twisted, pulled, wiggled, doesn't seem to want to come off?

Nice action pose photos Cyde! B))

Sweet pics as always Saburo

you too cyde

thanks! i got a new lens for my camera that's F0.95, it's gotten me hooked on macro-ish shallow depth of field shots. got a ways to go before i get to saburo's level!

Edited by cyde01

so i cannot for the life of me remove the grey wrist piece. i've twisted, pulled, wiggled, doesn't seem to want to come off?

It was on there pretty good. I turned 45degrees and just leveraged it off on one of its corners using my thumb.

Looking at the 30 there, with the giant box of death on top. Those missiles are rather small. Wouldn't it make sense to have wing mountable boxes like that? Just have the missiles come out of one side so you aren't blasting yourself and pretty much any fighter could be that deadly especially in space where drag matters none.

It was on there pretty good. I turned 45degrees and just leveraged it off on one of its corners using my thumb.

dude, that actually helped me a lot. finally got the cabbage off.

on to some gunpod and comparison pics! really comparing the bandai and arcadia next to each other it becomes more apparent that they are totally different styles of the same valk. i tried to make the pose as similar as possible, and yet the bandai looks somehow brash and wild, while the arcadia looks more like a cool, calm, professional soldier. it really is personal preference which you end up liking more.

i pulled out the entire family for the last pic. dunno why i even bothered with the monstrocity on the left and in back. the yamato 1/60 was such a floppy mess, it was a miracle i got it to even stand. couldn't hold a pose worth a dime. i couldn't find the gunpod for the old yamato 1/72 but tried to do the same pose, without the gunpod it makes it look like it's trying to do some funky dance.

post-2195-0-42762500-1435444148_thumb.jpg

post-2195-0-44289800-1435444251_thumb.jpg

post-2195-0-70298200-1435444282_thumb.jpg

post-2195-0-57116700-1435444450_thumb.jpg

post-2195-0-12110000-1435444486_thumb.jpg

post-2195-0-16558800-1435444641_thumb.jpg

post-2195-0-23732000-1435444665_thumb.jpg

post-2195-0-05908900-1435444716_thumb.jpg

Can anyone help me out?! Does anyone have an extra VF-19 they can spare?! I should've jumped on it when I had the chance! I've got a couple soul of chogokin and mp TF's for trade! please PM me! If that doesn't work, I'm looking to buy one as well! This bird is too beautiful to pass up!

Really weird...my right wing has an audible click outwards but the left one doesn't have a click...

Mine's just opposite to you, and the side without audible click is also harder to go all way in when folding the wing to battroid position...

i pulled out the entire family for the last pic. dunno why i even bothered with the monstrocity on the left and in back. the yamato 1/60 was such a floppy mess, it was a miracle i got it to even stand. couldn't hold a pose worth a dime. i couldn't find the gunpod for the old yamato 1/72 but tried to do the same pose, without the gunpod it makes it look like it's trying to do some funky dance.

I also have the 2 Yamato 19, they are mess in these era, but were amazing compared to other transformation toys at their release time. These toys evolved so well, just hope the problem of loosen joints can be addressed in their future products....

Edited by CRYO

Can anyone help me out?! Does anyone have an extra VF-19 they can spare?! I should've jumped on it when I had the chance! I've got a couple soul of chogokin and mp TF's for trade! please PM me! If that doesn't work, I'm looking to buy one as well! This bird is too beautiful to pass up!

They are still available for purchase at a few stores.. Nippon Yasan for example..

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/10446-macross-f-dx-chogokin-vf-19-advance.html

I prefer how the shoulder armor looks on the YF-19 from Yamato/Arcadia better than the set on the advance. Does anyone have a pic to reference if they are supposed to stick that far off of the shoulder of the advance?

They are still available for purchase at a few stores.. Nippon Yasan for example..

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/10446-macross-f-dx-chogokin-vf-19-advance.html

thanks for the update spanner! I found them on cdjapan as well! thanks buddy! they've got 16 left!

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-130367

are there any video reviews of this bird yet?