Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

I tried it quickly but its friction based. I thought there were grooves on the metal arm for a reason but apparently not. The left metal arm is slightly looser than the right too.

Maybe the rivet tightening trick ChaoticYeti talked about on the Arcdia model works here as well?

Nice to know that Bandai can still frakk up obvious details Arcadia missed as well.

Maybe the rivet tightening trick ChaoticYeti talked about on the Arcdia model works here as well?

Nice to know that Bandai can still frakk up obvious details Arcadia missed as well.

There's a screw right at the bottom of the wing where the metal joint is. Will probably just be able to screw it tighter.

The last three days I was checking hlj, nippon and ami ami every hour. Had the f5 key on standby. Never did I see the item come back into stock. Never got any indication from hlj on the secure link people were using. Not sure how my computer missed that. Well if anyone got a few too many I am interested. Live in the US.

:lol: hehe! looks like HLJ got a little emotional at me for attempting to buy a 2nd one from them and suspended my account.. sent them an email playing dumb. Hopefully they will lift the suspension. No big loss either way.. :rolleyes:

Kinda screwed up that those who ordered multiples in the first round got away with it while the rest got suspended eh? :D

Yup, that why i searched at another place for my second. HLJ suspended my account about a month or so ago for the same thing.

Found the pics i was looking for :)

2611EABD-B24C-4652-9F06-1397F655672B.jpg

746928CA-FC5F-43F5-AC23-6FF3849EC642.jpg

64AA2226-9BBD-434D-BD24-73ACBE0BFDC1.jpg

Nice! The scaling looks much better between the 2 battroids now. Thanks for the pics.

Out of stock at NY now, it looks like.

Meh.. got one at CDJapan at least, but I'm not really expecting the HLJ order to go through. Haven't suspended my account, but my account page says I ordered an item that no longer exists.

Correction about the gear though, they're not quite as plain as the VF-25 ones. They do look like they've got a few extra shocks and details stuck on them, but they're still just a shaft that rotates 90 degrees to deploy, with no sideways or forward-to-back angle.

Edited by Chronocidal

I tried it quickly but its friction based. I thought there were grooves on the metal arm for a reason but apparently not. The left metal arm is slightly looser than the right too.

Thanks for posting the pics. Glad you got your VF-19

Can you see which parts of it are made from diecast? I think some members here also wondered if the backpack are made from hard plastic or metal?

Now go around your home and do some barrel roll :lol:

Congrats to everyone who got their VF-19's, mine will hopefully arrive by Friday.

its good to see the pilot figures have slowly evolved into something that actually properly resembles a pilot and not just a painted blob of plastic..

Yeah, its quite comical to see the blog pilot fig though.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Ask and you shall receive! Quick pics since I'm busy but it is solidly built and the tampo and paint are immaculate. Absolutely gorgeous. The colour is nice with the finish and feels like a "tanned" YF-19 :D

Have you had to a chance to check out that leg joint? What are your thoughts? I am confident it will be nice and sturdy.

Edited by Saburo

The bars for the wings are metal?

The amount of detail on the Bandai is amazing, there is no flat surface. Arcadias looks like an unfinished prototype. Bandais looks much sleeker also, but I do like the curve on the nose cone better on the Arcadia (not sure which one is more acurate though)

Thanks for posting the pics. Glad you got your VF-19

Can you see which parts of it are made from diecast? I think some members here also wondered if the backpack are made from hard plastic or metal?

Now go around your home and do some barrel roll :lol:

No problem! I haven't had a real chance to look at the valk yet so it'll have to be tomorrow earliest.

Haha I have swooshed it around a bit and it seems sturdy.

Congrats to everyone who got their VF-19's, mine will hopefully arrive by Friday.

Have you had to a chance to check out that leg joint? What are your thoughts? I am confident it will be nice and sturdy.

Hey thanks. As above I've not had a chance to discover the transformation mechanism yet. I flicked through the instruction manual, and there are a lot of nuances to it. I'll find a chance tomorrow if possible but the entire unit seems quite solid for the time being. I took it out briefly to answer the question about the metal arms connecting the wings but that's it.

One thing I did notice was on either side, behind the main neck and above the two intakes, the two pieces don't sit perfectly tight with the main body. In the instruction manual it tells you to push them in from either side but it didn't make much difference. In the hacchaka review it seems to appear there as well.

Edited by Shukenzero

Just got a private warehouse confirmation for the one I ordered from HLJ, so it looks like it went through after all. Hope everyone who tried that secure link gets one, I wonder if those orders are being filled with cancelled extras from people who ordered more than one... :huh:

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Ask and you shall receive! Quick pics since I'm busy but it is solidly built and the tampo and paint are immaculate. Absolutely gorgeous. The colour is nice with the finish and feels like a "tanned" YF-19 :D

Thanks for sharing, Shukenzero. :) So is the backpack all metal like Arcadia? Can you also verify the quality of the backpack sliding mechanism to Battroid if it's is sturdy? And lastly, the swivel thigh joint for Gerwalk, how sturdy and tight it is? Thanks! Sorry for the questions. Got so excited and the one from HLJ will be here in the next couple of days. Can't wait to verify those. Hehehe. :lol:

Yup, that why i searched at another place for my second. HLJ suspended my account about a month or so ago for the same thing.

Found the pics i was looking for :)

64AA2226-9BBD-434D-BD24-73ACBE0BFDC1.jpg

They look better together than the Arcadia one. It's all because of the legs, I guess. :rolleyes:

Great, and my account its still suspended

This its the last time Ill be ordering more than one, even if somebody else does it, I have a terrible luck for this situations

Edited by mog_kupo

Just got a private warehouse confirmation for the one I ordered from HLJ, so it looks like it went through after all. Hope everyone who tried that secure link gets one, I wonder if those orders are being filled with cancelled extras from people who ordered more than one... :huh:

I also received a payment request for my secure-link order!

Just paid for mine at HLJ having used the secure link to order one. I am surprised it went through. I am not taking any chances and I have put in a shipping request along with some other stuff I had in my private warehouse. Let's hope there are no hiccups along the way. I really hope everyone can get one as it truly looks like Bandai put together a winner with this one.

Hobbysearch is usually slow in my experience. They can take up to a week after payment to ship a pre-order item.

Used to happen to me every time when I still used to be able to get my DX Chogokin pre-orders from them.

Oh right. I totally forgot about that. They usually send my items out 3 business days after paying for them. It's been a while since we've had a regular release so I've been a little forgetful. :p

got payment request too. i already cancelled it and why did i pre order it again :wacko::D​

Hahaha! You have to admit it, David. I know you want to swoosh it too for 5 seconds while saying 'Iikuze, Kawaiikochan! Yoohoo!' :lol:

But kidding aside, you know this bird is calling you. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hahaha! You have to admit it, David. I know you want to swoosh it too for 5 seconds while saying 'Iikuze, Kawaiikochan! Yoohoo!' :lol:

But kidding aside, you know this bird is calling you. ;)

Yeah, you're right i just went and ahead and paid for it. I was hesistant but decided why not?