Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Considering that the Arcadia YF-19 is a little more buff when in battroid mode I think I will keep the Bandai in fighter mode.. most likely with supers fitted.

The Bandai display stand and pin point barrier punch gimmick thing will also be staying in the box! High speed mode never to be used.. icky..

I must say the Bandai 19 does pull off gerwalk better than the Arcadia does!

I think the boob cannons work a lot better on the 19 Advance than they do with the 171.. still kinda weird and little bit of an after thought but they work.

I guess Isamu has been busy modding the crap outta this bird more to his liking!

Still no postage tracking updates as yet.. :/ hoping its well on its way and that its just the scanning data that hasn't gone through as yet..

Might hold off buying another till this one arrives so I can make a better informed decision about it..

Considering that the Arcadia YF-19 is a little more buff when in battroid mode I think I will keep the Bandai in fighter mode.. most likely with supers fitted.

Make sure you show off the leg missile.

Just to annoy Arcadia to no end...

post-263-0-07685100-1434771629_thumb.jpg

Edited by treatment

Can I assume everyone's gotten their payment request from HLJ, even the late orders? :D

Could HLJ really have delivered this time?

I think they are and they are getting more in. Orders have been opening and closing throughout the day still. Just keep checking for those still looking for one. You need to look at the actual product page as what I found is that the status on the product page is different from the search. Search could say order stop but when you click on it, the product page lets you place an order in.

Any confirmation if the wing bar is diecast? :rolleyes:

attachicon.gifgb151.jpg

From the looks of it, seems plasticky...but who knows, maybe Bandai would go great lengths as to etch hidden diecast bars just to prove Bandai >> Arcadia.

Anyways, not liking the gullet on the fighter. Arcadia's the thang for me, but enjoying members posting pics of the new 19 "incarnation". cheers!

Fraggin' Bandai and this CURSED Macross hobby! :angry: First, all the sites state that it's coming on the 20th. Then, outta the blue it all changes to the 19th, completely killing the entire purpose of taking Friday off! Fraggin' unbelievable!! :wacko::blink: I'm sitting here soaking up the futility! Ah...well. Hopefully, Bandai issues a re-release due to the big sales on this Valk.

Edited by Big Irv

Fraggin' Bandai and this CURSED Macross hobby! :angry: First, all the sites state that it's coming on the 20th. Then, outta the blue it all changes to the 19th! Fraggin' unbelievable!! :wacko::blink: I'm sitting here soaking up the futility! Ah...well. Hopefully, Bandai issues a re-release due to the big sales on this Valk.

Watch out for it on Monday/Tuesday.

Edited by neoexcaliber

Guest davidwhangchoi

i still don't see how bandai can get away with copying Arcadia Mr. K's the high speed gimmick. i mean, that took some imagination to design and implement. surprised bandai has the balls to copy it so blatantly.

I don't see what the problem is, it can actually be posed decently in Gerwalk unlike the Arcadia version.

*snip*

Ok, wtf is up with the uber derpy fugly GERWALK poses from the early purchasers!?

Like this from http://blogppoi.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2015/06/dx_vf-19-ad-dff.html :

http://blogppoi.cocolog-nifty.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2015/06/19/g5.jpg

and like this from this td-thread: http://toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-239885-1-1.html

http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff334/serenadechin/CAM00331.jpg

:mellow::blink::wacko::(:angry:

MWF members need to give this valk the proper A-stance....

That's why I posted the pic that the blogger is showing for that swivel thigh joint. This is the first time I believe Bandai did it to their DX Valks. All their releases somehow has a bending thigh joint while the swivel left to right were done by the knee joint. But with this release, the swivel can be done from the thigh joint itself. So that's the thing. They remove the swivel joint like the ones in Arcadia and put it on the thigh joint instead. Look again on those photos. There's no photos in Gerwalk mode in A-stance mode in where the swivel comes from the knee. So basically, our concern will be is on the thigh joint. We just need to be glad if that joint will hold for awhile. I have a feeling that joint will be the fragile one. Unless it's diecast. :unsure:

post-5552-0-98599300-1434753881_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-78698800-1434782934_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-28261100-1434782765_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-05771500-1434782744_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-45047900-1434782755_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-03500000-1434782775_thumb.jpg

Can I assume everyone's gotten their payment request from HLJ, even the late orders? :D

Could HLJ really have delivered this time?

Yup, HLJ shipped mine too. ^_^

From the looks of it, seems plasticky...but who knows, maybe Bandai would go great lengths as to etch hidden diecast bars just to prove Bandai >> Arcadia.

Anyways, not liking the gullet on the fighter. Arcadia's the thang for me, but enjoying members posting pics of the new 19 "incarnation". cheers!

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Hope it will last. :rolleyes:

i still don't see how bandai can get away with copying Arcadia Mr. K's the high speed gimmick. i mean, that took some imagination to design and implement. surprised bandai has the balls to copy it so blatantly.

In a way, i guess it also shows that Bandai agrees w Mr. K's designs (indirectly giving kudos to Mr.K)

And knowing that Kawamori supervised both designs. I guess, Bandai paid some royalties there. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Got a shipping notice too, upgraded automatically to EMS so hopefully I'll get it somewhere next week.

I'm curious if the MF boosters can be set in battroid mode with the wings folded in as in the pics of the Arcadia with the T-Rex parts. It would look way less silly to me

post-12752-0-63391100-1434793631_thumb.jpg