Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Yes! :)

BTW any of you having trouble with contacting AE?

I've send a message over their web site, but no one replied me recently...

AE almost never responds to anything. i would say its 1/10 emails they reply to and from the replies i did get (years ago) it seems like they DO get and read the other e-mails they just choose to ignore. apparently the more you write the more they ignore you until they can't take it anymore. Customer service person is erika sato. she might reply....eventually or not. i wouldn't order anything from them that isn't a straightforward mass market release (like a takara tomy mp transformer) or unless there is'nt another option.

I've looked at his photos and I'm confused - are you sure that's the Bandai version he's comparing? Look at the fighter mode pics. White landing gear on both "YF" versions, very little tampo. This looks more like a comparison between the Yamato and Arcadia versions and not a Bandai to Arcadia comparison.

EDIT:

Wait... First image is not from the same series as the second. And the Battroid on the left in both images is not the same. Gotcha.

Edited by mickyg

Looks very similar to Arcadia YF-19 size.

attachicon.gif14038336869_0731c1e420_o.jpg

source: https://flic.kr/p/now9sR

Oh. Nice. ;)

I've looked at his photos and I'm confused - are you sure that's the Bandai version he's comparing? Look at the fighter mode pics. White landing gear on both "YF" versions, very little tampo. This looks more like a comparison between the Yamato and Arcadia versions and not a Bandai to Arcadia comparison.

Valhary's post is Bandai DX and Yamato. Eggy99 post's is to show that it's almost the same height as Arcadia's by looking at the Yamato one, since both photos shows the Yamato one. What he posted is a comparison of Arcadia and Yamato. Hope that clarifies it. ;)

Reposting both photos here:

post-5552-0-33263000-1434672293_thumb.jpg

Bandai DX vs Yamato

post-5552-0-01044500-1434672303_thumb.jpg

Arcadia vs Yamato

Edited by no3ljm

Actually looks like the Bandai is a bit bigger than the Arcadia. The head on the Bandai comes up level to the top of the shoulder on the Yamato. Could be a perspective thing.

Perspective but the knees and feet on the Arcadia YF-19 are not extended.

Quick photoshop let the comparison begin:

post-557-0-92778900-1434672664_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

The original Yamato toy is the correct height for 1/60 in Battroid mode but the fighter mode was wrong (too long). By fixing the size in fighter mode battroid mode shrank. I think generally the standard these days for scale in Macross products is to focus on size in fighter mode and hope the other modes are close.

Great find! I think I still prefer the sculpt of the Arcadia YF-19 overall (shame the reviewer didn't have some direct comparison shots with the Arcadia to possibly change my mind), but the VF-19 is looking good all the same. I love that pinpoint barrier punch effect! And the VF-19 in fighter mode with the super parts looks very cool.

Finally...they give us....painted intakes.

Side view.....looks great.

Rear view...mmmmm...big gap there.

Really glad to see the painted intakes, but geez Bandai, what took you so long? :lol:

Does that review say the gun has a gimmick where it pivots so it can look straight in fighter mode? Did we know the head gimmick was there also? Man, can't wait to get one.

Yeah, during the transformation section there's a picture showing that one of the transformation steps is straightening the gunpod out. Certainly a very novel approach to that issue. :lol:

It seems they covered all the details. Cant wait to get mine.

That rear gap though 8(. Also, I'm guessing the FAST PACK stands are not included?

Yeah, that rear gap is a shame, but the two FAST pack stands are included.

I've getting even more excited about this release after seeing the final pics. Really great job by Bandai. I've always felt Bandai DX valkyries have been a little lower quality than Yamato/Arcadia 1/60 PT valkyries, but this one looks to be up there with the best Yamato released in their hay day.

Now the only question for me is: Which one (Arcadia YF-19 or Bandai VF-19A) will I display in fighter and which will be battroid. :p

I wonder if the boosters can fit on the Arcadia YF-19. :D