Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

I already have 3 on pre-order but only one of them is mine as one is for my son, and the other for someone else.. Im now considering ordering a 4th so I can have one each displayed in fighter and battroid. The latest lot of pics posted is making it very tempting! ahhh decisions decisions..

I order a second....with no justification at all.

The forward canards are a different design to the Arcadia unit.. they don't mount perfectly flush against the forward fuselage and have little black painted areas at the very forward tips. And their pivot point is further forward too. Interesting..

I wonder if that was a Bandai detail or whether its true to the anime and was an Advance only design detail?

I'm thinking that was a design choice by Bandai to facilitate transformation. Until it was shown here, I hadn't noticed how much of a hump the fighter has due to the upslope of the chest and head. I checked the lineart, and in some of the drawings, it looks like this, and in others, it looks like a nice continuous tapering slope from the rear of the aft canopy down to the head, so either is correct based on individual interpretation. My preference is for the latter, which Arcadia did well, but I'm honestly not bothered by it. I'm usually more concerned about build quality, tightness of joints and their durability, overall durability, solidarity of each mode, etc. As for the droopy lower fuselage in a couple of those pics, I'm thinking that they either forgot to snap it closed, or the demo model is worn out and that panel just pops open due to gravity. I hope it's the first, as the latter presents an issue.

Really hoping this thing is a home run design-wise.

I already have 3 on pre-order but only one of them is mine as one is for my son, and the other for someone else.. Im now considering ordering a 4th so I can have one each displayed in fighter and battroid. The latest lot of pics posted is making it very tempting! ahhh decisions decisions..

I order a second....with no justification at all.

I know I impulsively PO'ed another one from that HLJ 'glitch' and I guess, good thing that I did since I will have a backup or just display in one fix fighter mode, and the other for battroid or gerwalk. And lastly... hope the price will go up. Hahaha! :D j/k

It's weird that Bandai hasn't released any transformation video of the VF-19 Advance just like they did with YF-30 and Luca's VF-171Ex before the release date. Knowing that this is a 'new' valkyrie and has different transformation sequence.

then again.. I might just stick to the one only. I was just flicking through the photos on previous pages and im not sure im liking the look of the Bandai 19 in Battroid mode compared to the Arcadia version. Even though I don't display the Arcadia in Battroid anyways.. I was thinking of re-arranging my display to have a shelf dedicated to Isamu only Valks all in a fighter mode formation.

I'm thinking that was a design choice by Bandai to facilitate transformation. Until it was shown here, I hadn't noticed how much of a hump the fighter has due to the upslope of the chest and head. I checked the lineart, and in some of the drawings, it looks like this, and in others, it looks like a nice continuous tapering slope from the rear of the aft canopy down to the head, so either is correct based on individual interpretation. My preference is for the latter, which Arcadia did well, but I'm honestly not bothered by it. I'm usually more concerned about build quality, tightness of joints and their durability, overall durability, solidarity of each mode, etc. As for the droopy lower fuselage in a couple of those pics, I'm thinking that they either forgot to snap it closed, or the demo model is worn out and that panel just pops open due to gravity. I hope it's the first, as the latter presents an issue.

Really hoping this thing is a home run design-wise.

I'd imagine it would be difficult enough to keep the toy as close to the anime / line art without making too many compromises along the way. So each manufacturer would have their own approach / interpretation as to how to go about it for the best overall result / cost to manufacture. Having a quick look at photos of both brands versions the Arcadia does look a lot more sleek & smooth in each mode giving it more of a softer appearance and the Bandai looks a lot more mechanical.. Im still more keen towards the (Yamato) Arcadia way of doing things but both companies do what they do very well.

So here's hoping that its only a worn out prototype and not how the final product will be like..

I have two on order from hobby link Japan. I will part with one at cost plus shipping if they come though.. If anyone is interested.

I hope your two are on seperate accounts as it's limited to one per person and HLJ may freeze your account when they do a check to see whether anyone broke their limit rules.

He's keeping one, and selling the other. But as Valk-1S mentioned, there's 1 per customer limit at HLJ, so he may only receive one.

If this ships on the 20th, I should get mine about a week before my b-day. Heck of a nice gift, even if it is from me. :p:D

Edited by M'Kyuun

I ordered two on separate occasions. im not sure about 1 person limit, as it does not state that on order page and i did order two vf-25s on the reissue and i received both. I guess Ill find out!

The 1 per customer limit is listed in the check out page.

I ordered two on separate occasions. im not sure about 1 person limit, as it does not state that on order page and i did order two vf-25s on the reissue and i received both. I guess Ill find out!

The VF-25S was not limited to 1 per person. But HLJ was supposed to send 1 per person due to limited stock but some slip through their mailing process and some people managed to get 2 or more.

The VF-19A is limited to 1 per person. The way some people get around this limit is by placing seperate orders of 1 each time. However, HLJ has now crack down on this and if you are caught your account will be frozen and you need to write to them and promise you won't break their rules again if you want your account back.

The limit 1 per customer is also stated on the item , when you view your cart.

Considering how many times the preorder when up and down , and how many vf-19a orders was placed, if they do happen to catch you not following their rule and freezes your account , its possible you might not even get 1 by the time your account gets unfrozen assuming they won't fulfill or finalize any orders on accounts that have issues.

Worse case = 0 vf-19

I really doubt there will be any issue here. It seems like it'd be really easy for HLJ to implement a block on their end if they really cared about it. If this is a problem you could just say you didn't remember making the first purchase and that their page should tell you you can't order it again because of the limit.

What HLJ will do if you do not follow the rules is stated clearly on their website.

https://support.hlj.com/hc/en-us/articles/204071220-Per-Customer-Item-Limits

Some items on our website are so popular we have to set limits per customer. If an item has a per-customer limit, that limit will be stated on the item's page or in the shopping cart. We ask that you respect these limits.

If an item has a per-customer limit, the limit will be enforced. Any customer attempting to manipulate our system to place orders so that the total quantity is beyond the stated limit may have their orders cancelled and their account (as well as any related accounts) locked or terminated without notice, at our sole discretion.

We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders without notice.

Don't be a fool and think you can get away with it. Maybe you might. I wouldn't take the chance if I were you.

Yeah I'm not worried. In the end it's all about the Benjamin's. I spend tens of thousands so I doubt they will do anything like block my account.

Many people had their account block before due to ordering more than 1 when it was limited to 1 per customer. And they just block your account without telling you and you have to email them to find out why. Since you only want one, I would cancel the other one just incase they do a routine check to see whether anyone ordered more than 1. But at the end, its up to you on whether you want to take the risk.

I can see the rotating Waist, but I wonder if the "opening Leg" will be similar to Arcadia's and would there be a missile in there?

The DX Chogokin of the VF-19 is finally here! (Almost)

●Incredible posability for a three-stage transforming toy, including a rotating waist and opening legs.
●Removable ADVANCE PACK!
●The proportions and details were fully supervised by Shoji Kawamori.
●New markings by Hidetaka Tenjin.
●Includes effect parts to replicate a Pinpoint Barrier Punch.

The VF-25S was not limited to 1 per person. But HLJ was supposed to send 1 per person due to limited stock but some slip through their mailing process and some people managed to get 2 or more.

The VF-19A is limited to 1 per person. The way some people get around this limit is by placing seperate orders of 1 each time. However, HLJ has now crack down on this and if you are caught your account will be frozen and you need to write to them and promise you won't break their rules again if you want your account back.

that might explain the small timed windows to order the YV-19, maybe they are tracking and canceling multiple proreders on same accounts?

Yeah I'm not worried. In the end it's all about the Benjamin's. I spend tens of thousands so I doubt they will do anything like block my account.

Yup. The whole "at their discretion" clause is key---if you spend that much, they're going to be a whole lot more "discretionary" in your case. :)

And course, it says *MAY* cancel/block etc. Doesn't say WILL. So many people ignore that little word, but it's intentionally put in everything, for legal reasons. From food to cars. "May help cure cancer". "May regrow hair". "May solve world hunger". Doesn't say it will, just that it might---all they need is .00001% evidence that it's better than nothing, and it MAY HELP do something. :)