If the Thor films move toward the big story lines like The Ballad of Beta Ray Bill or The Surtur Saga, that would be epic. Though I suspect most of the best Thor arcs would need at least two films and likely three to be told properly.

If Marvel delves into Beta Ray Bill then I will be truly surprised/partially impressed.

-b.

Eventually, someone else other than Thor is gonna have to pick up the hammer. It's like breaking Captain America's shield; it's an iconic image that will have to be seen eventually. So, Beta Ray may be more likely than we think.

Edited by Mr March

Eventually, someone else other than Thor is gonna have to pick up the hammer. It's like breaking Captain America's shield; it's an iconic image that will have to be seen eventually. So, Beta Ray may be more likely than we think.

Considering the new Avengers Ultron trailer makes a big deal of the Avengers being unworthy to raise Moljnir besides Thor I'd say Beta Ray is a lock for an upcoming film.

Considering the new Avengers Ultron trailer makes a big deal of the Avengers being unworthy to raise Moljnir besides Thor I'd say Beta Ray is a lock for an upcoming film.

We're more likely to see the new female Thor in movies than Beta Ray. They still have to put butts in theater seats and you're more likely to do that with a female lead than a, well whatever Beta Ray Bill is.

Marvel has shown they're willing to go outside the box (for lack of a better term) with GotG and Inhumans but for a big name like Thor, I wouldn't bet on it.

-b.

• 1 year later...

Loki at least sticks around, unlike Ultron in which his "Age" is about 15 minutes.

God, and they completely wasted those minutes, too.

Superhero movies have a really bad habit of killing off the bad guy every time, no matter how much potential he has left, or how famous his escapes are. It's kind of a serious problem.

Also:

This is kinda ironic in hindsight. And sad.

Edited by JB0

• 5 months later...

Bummer. I was hoping for a blending of Closer, 300 and Thor featuring Natalie Portman and Kirk's dad...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...