Not that I was ever a big fan of Dr Strange but I really do not have the same sort of internet hots for Cumberbatch most other people do.

Mmmmmm...he's dreamy :)

Ha ha!

He's a decent enough actor and I can see him in the role. Better than Captain Sparrow, but maybe not as good as Commodus.

-b.

I have faith. The Marvel movies seem to have casting licked. They got it down. I'm far more worried whether the film will be good than the casting. I hope this movie works, because I think the magic side of the Marvel universe can be enjoyably awkward, bizarre, and surreal.

I have faith. The Marvel movies seem to have casting licked. They got it down. I'm far more worried whether the film will be good than the casting. I hope this movie works, because I think the magic side of the Marvel universe can be enjoyably awkward, bizarre, and surreal.

Hoping the same, I used to be a huge Dr. Strange comic fan from the late 80's early 90's run. I think Khan will be fine but I was more intrigued by Joaquin Phoenix getting the role.

-b.

I know how ya feel. Sometimes these castings are also depressing because we are forced to imagine what could have been. But look at it this way; it's great that we have an abundance of our favorite actors to fill the roles of all these characters. It's better than the reverse like it was in decades past, where no actor of any worth wanted to play a fantasy, sci-fi or comic book character.

I know how ya feel. Sometimes these castings are also depressing because we are forced to imagine what could have been. But look at it this way; it's great that we have an abundance of our favorite actors to fill the roles of all these characters. It's better than the reverse like it was in decades past, where no actor of any worth wanted to play a fantasy, sci-fi or comic book character.

Quoted for truth!

-b.

Kevin Feige and company have spoken a few times about the offbeat nature of what they'd like to do with the Doctor Strange movie. They've often invoked descriptions of the supernatural, a pseudo-horror film theme and even mentioned a Kubrick-style representation of the surreal. I'm hoping that amounts to more than dark sets and a few dutch angles, but Marvel has proven track record that they like the challenges of doing things differently. So I'm very encouraged by what I hear thus far.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...