Captain Marvel, in theaters Mar. 8, 2019

azrael

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Jennifer Lawrence won an Oscar too, she sucks as Mystique.  Oscar performances don't prove you'll have the Charisma to pull off being a lead in a Comic Book film.

^ I concur. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

19 hours ago, azrael said:

*cough* Way ahead of you there.

CAPTAIN-MARVEL-MOVIE-CAPTAIN-MARVEL-STAR

YESS!!! And of course, 'they' are always way ahead of me...<_<

11 hours ago, Mommar said:

Jennifer Lawrence won an Oscar too, she sucks as Mystique.  Oscar performances don't prove you'll have the Charisma to pull off being a lead in a Comic Book film.

True, in that the movie and the actor have to mesh, but actors who get Oscars usually have the chops to pull it off. And as said , it's a comic book film, not Shakespeare...`

If she can pull off sadness, happiness, angry and vengeful and even a little bit of funny, I'll be one happy camper!:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hmm. I wasn't wowed by this one. It was only thirty seconds, so they couldn't do much, but I think showing a little more of her personal interactions would have been better than simply repeating Higher, Further, Faster over and over.

Oh well.

I'm pretty excited. I've got two kids, a boy who's 10 and a girl who's 7 and they both love the MCU. For my daughter, seeing a "girl superhero" is going to be new for her (neither are into DC so wonder woman doesn't count for her). If it inspires her in some fashion, I'll be a pretty happy dad. 

1 hour ago, mickyg said:

I'm pretty excited. I've got two kids, a boy who's 10 and a girl who's 7 and they both love the MCU. For my daughter, seeing a "girl superhero" is going to be new for her (neither are into DC so wonder woman doesn't count for her). If it inspires her in some fashion, I'll be a pretty happy dad. 

Same. My daughter’s not old enough to see Wonder Woman, and this is going to be great for her. My son can’t wait to see it either. 

On 2/8/2019 at 9:04 PM, Sildani said:

Same. My daughter’s not old enough to see Wonder Woman

Because it's rated PG-13...?

On 2/8/2019 at 9:04 PM, Sildani said:

[ . . . ] and this is going to be great for her.

Because it's also rated PG-13...?

18 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Is it bad that the primary thing I focused on with the poster is that she's been shown flying F-15s the entire time, but the poster has a flight of F-5s, and they show all F-16s on the ground? :lol: 

Bad for you :p As for me I can't tell which is which so I guess ignorance is bliss :lol:

On 2/9/2019 at 12:25 PM, Chronocidal said:

Is it bad that the primary thing I focused on with the poster is that she's been shown flying F-15s the entire time, but the poster has a flight of F-5s, and they show all F-16s on the ground? :lol: 

Not really. I kind of did the same thing with the Wonder Woman posters when I noticed she was throwing a Russian built T-28 tank which didn't exist in the first world war. :)