Whatever happened to those 1/48 Frontier kits or toys?

Hikaru1234567890

Hey guys! I was going through Toy Ark and was going through the Macross section and then I saw this. http://news.toyark.com/2009/05/13/new-macross-frontier-148-vf-25-other-models-announced-1271

It would have been cool to have seen them released, but it looks like they where actually TRANSFORMABLE! I mean why didn't Bandai release them!? And if you look at the other pictures, why didn't they release Klans Rare? It would be cool to at least have Klans Rare or at least the 25 or 27. Not sure if anyone else posted something about this awhile ago, but I just want to know what made Bandai change there mind. I mean I know about the Renewals, Other projects or stuff but it kinda bugs me that they just dropped it...

it also happens in Gundam scene too, Bandai announce and display a 3D model but with no follow up. 5 years has passed, I dont think we will ever see it.

Well thats a big bummer...... It would be nice to see them reprise the models?

Maybe down the road when the license is opened up to more than just Bandai and a few Hasegawa models we will see more cool toys and kits from Arcadia, Wave, etc. We can only hope :).

Yeah I hope we do see them sometime soon...But it would be nice to see Hasegawa have Fully Transformable VF-25's if they did come out in 1/48 as Bandai's did from what we understood. And it would be AMAZING to see Arcadia do 1/48 VF-25's but what I would want from them is TO REVIVE THE 1/48 LINE WITH NEW VALKS!!!

Even as a model kit, a 1/48 VF-25 would have been an awesome thing to see! Shame it never came about..

If this would have come out...I would wonder what the box art would be like and how big it would be? To be honest we really haven't had a 1/48 Fully Transformable Valk (Atleast from Bandai or Arcadia/Yamato.) But I would be guessing the box would be pretty big!

And not to note all the detailing it would have, It could have possibly had some of that Yamatos 1/48's had.

I am actually expecting a 1/48 VF-25 from Hasegawa but of course, expectation, I doubt that it will be a transformable model and second, it will not be anytime soon.

The proposed bandai 1/48 version is good though or I should say I am curious of the possibilities, since at that size, there is a possibility that it will be like the PG equivalent just like how 1/72 is to the 1/100 MG.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the VF-25 is bigger than th VF-1 in the anime, and we all had the 1/48 VF-1's from Yamato. So a 1/48 VF-25 would be bigger.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

I don't think Bandai will make transforming VF models again soon, not even new stuff from Macross Delta. 1:72 VF-25 was not that popular - they are expensive, difficult to build and fragile. If that line was a commercial success they would have continued with 1:48 or 1:72 YF-29. Even the 1:72 Queadluun-Rhea shown in shows was not released.

Than 1 year ago Bandai try again with the 1:72 VF-1. The end product is fragile and have awkward proportion. It is again not a commercial success otherwise we would see at least a Hikaru VF-1J.

I think with VF, Bandai haven't been able to attend a good balance between the toy-like quality of their gunpla and the detail level of military model. They try to appeal to fans of both side but was not able to.

It will be interesting to see if they can do better with their new Star Wars models.

Edited by CF18

I wonder if they would have sold more of those 1/72 VF-1s if they would have gotten the look right, fragility aside.

If only they had simply upscaled their own 1/100 Hi-Metal toy, they would've gotten the look and strength right.

Edited by Vifam7