HWR-00 Monster Mk II toy?

EXO

I think it's just that website's mistake? I don't see "1/60" anywhere on the images or official info..

Definitely website mistake. Centimeter to meter conversion measurements math out to be almost exactly 1/72. (technically about .9 cm off, but that's splitting hairs)

That said, if you put something this big next to any 1/60 valk, 1/60 and 1/72 are so close in scale most people won't be able to tell the difference anyway.

Definitely website mistake. Centimeter to meter conversion measurements math out to be almost exactly 1/72. (technically about .9 cm off, but that's splitting hairs)

That said, if you put something this big next to any 1/60 valk, 1/60 and 1/72 are so close in scale most people won't be able to tell the difference anyway.

at 1/72 it is still larger than 1/60, besides, in the anime, it is really hard to tell the scale (due to the angle and magic), it just looks bigger.

and yeah, most people wont notice it unless you compare the same valk in different scale.

No way that's a 1/60... but some people seem happy if they just slapped that number on the box... :lol:

lol true, i guess i'd be one of 'em! XD

I've decided im gonna do the same! ;)

hope it doesn't cost twice as much as a vf-0d, that'd be too big an envelope XD

hmm... i guess so. although the difference is obvious when you look at the same valk, e.g., vf-25f dx chogokin vs bandai's 1/72 model kit

Yeah, with Valkyries the difference between 1/60 and 1/72 is pretty obvious, and if you had monsters in 1/72 and 1/60 scale to compare you'd definitely see a difference, but when you get to something that huge and don't have that frame of reference, it probably won't make that much of a difference. Scale is pretty arbitrary with cartoon robots as it is.

Scale is pretty arbitrary with cartoon robots as it is.

True that! I guess I could just put it in the back and pretend it's a perspective thing (and I suppose it really is, for that matter)!

hehe! I hope so too but... a HWR-00 MK II even at 1:72 scale is gonna be a lot of toy to begin with so yeah I'd say its a certainty that it will! :p

I hedged my bet with the DX Chogokin monster, just in case this one turns out to be too pricey. If not, I'd like to see how they stack up against each other! XD

Here is Mike's new 1/72 Monster kit with a 1/60 V1 VF-1.

Hard to tell because the camera is top down, but I think a 1/60 Tomahawk or Defender would like very close in scale posed IN FRONT of a 1/72nd.

In fact - maybe it would be even more ideal than pure 1/60? Gives you the same effect but takes up less room?

I'm kind of a scale purest tho, and it might bug me just KNOWING it was off . . .

post-8486-0-40648000-1414077128_thumb.jpg

You know if this thing is A) made of vinyl and/or B)1/60 scale.then those are 2 reasons he should continue his monstar project.

The vinyl will probably be expensive and 1/60 scale will definitely be expensive. I could see these going for 600 bucks. If they're that much then the I say the monstar kit should still be sold. But that's just my 2 cents.

Knock off site... they are bootlegging Captain's kits too. And some guy said that they take your CC info and use it. Beware of that site.

Thanks for the follow up info EXO!~

It was kinda fish when I saw the Launch stand kit later.