Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

Ah yes, I see what you mean now. Hmmmm.... this is a good point you make. It would be nice to see some Zentradi or some other race.

What if it ends up being subtle hint of what's really happening in the show's setting? Showcasing these cute girls and pretty boys could all be a distraction to something bigger.

Bogue Con-Vaart
15 y/o Member of the Valkyrie Unit 'Aerial Knights' from the Kingdom of the Wind.
Pilot. The mischievous youngest member of the team. Raised by his sisters.

a dude!? From the original poster looked like a woman!

excuse me a bit....

post-15116-0-37344600-1450416603_thumb.gif

post-15116-0-11368500-1450416717_thumb.jpg

Edited by seti88

a dude!? From the original poster looked like a woman!

excuse me a bit....

attachicon.gifpuking_brian.gif

It's our own version of The Crying Game. :p

In your defense they have him posing more like a woman IMO what with the way he has his hand in his hair. Also, the ruffley thing near the chest area covers up potential boobage had it been a female character.

Edited by sharky

It's our own version of The Crying Game. :p

In your defense they have him posing more like a woman IMO what with the way he has his hand in his hair. Also, the ruffley thing near the chest area covers up potential boobage had it been a female character.

yeah it completely fooled me in the poster! and i had such hopes for a rose amongst the thorns... :lol:

Maybe it is a female but the Kingdom of Wind only allows for men to serve in the armed forces so she has to be in disguise. ^_^

haha that can be a backstory all in itself! how would she evade medical etc...or perhaps changes when she gets splashed with hot water :lol:

looking forward to tmr's reveals...i guess they covered the boys/girls in the poster already..

Maybe it is a female but the Kingdom of Wind only allows for men to serve in the armed forces so she has to be in disguise. ^_^

maybe it's just anime where young guys look like women all the time.

:edit:

523747030_643307.gif

Edited by anime52k8

haha that can be a backstory all in itself! how would she evade medical etc...or perhaps changes when she gets splashed with hot water :lol:

Or when they use a micloning chamber? There IS precedent for people undergoing large physical changes with size change.

am sure it was pure coincidence a valk pilot would have a surname of the german dogfighting ace... :D

is this a comedic set-up, for him to fail to do the manuever :p i dont thk kawamori wouldnt do that... :p

...wonder why is he wandering the galaxy...shades of vajra attacks? :mellow:

plus his jacket reminds me of the vf-30 color scheme for some reason!

Edited by seti88

am sure it was pure coincidence a valk pilot would have a surname of the german dogfighting ace... :D

is this a comedic set-up, for him to fail to do the manuever :p i dont thk kawamori wouldnt do that... :p

If there aren't characters named Bishop, Richthofen, and Boelcke in this series I'm going to be severly dissapointed. :)

If there aren't characters named Bishop, Richthofen, and Boelcke in this series I'm going to be severly dissapointed. :)

Actually i tot those would suit the aerial knights side.

if they do appear tho, well call it a fantasy pilot draft and i would expect all valks to be unbeatable!

what are the odds for a maverick, iceman or goose too :lol:

cant wait for more annoucements!

Two words.

Klan. Klan.

In the right person, micloning can cause a DRASTIC change in shape.

Oh yeah! well klan sorta aged too which explained her appearence and personality.

But I never got that around my head and just accepted the character.. she is a unique character! :p

Immelmann? Really? BWAHAHAHAHAHAH-*cough*-*hack*-a. :p

One must keep in mind that the average viewer in the target audience won't know very much about foreign names or their significance and any hidden meanings that they might posses - let alone the aeronautical significance of them!

Maybe the best way to illustrate it is with this rhetorical question: "What does Basara Nekki's name mean, and what are the nuances and implications of the kanji that are used in the context of his character?" Just like how the majority of us English speaking viewers aren't even aware that there is an additional significance and hidden meaning to that character's name, the new young viewers that Macross Delta is targeting won't about these new characters.

The names are probably intended to be in-jokes for those new fans that bother to look them up - and perhaps a nod to us international fans, too. After all, us MWers know much more about those sorts of things than the average person, eh. ;)