Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

Guest davidwhangchoi

much like the 25/29. I really just wanted a slightly tweaked YF-30. Just a few little things could have made it amazing.

and don't forget to add in the vf-0d, fighter mode looks great for the 30th. the battroid torso was disproportionately small and you know how i feel about the overhead lights.

Switching from delta to FSW wings and completely reworking the nose/chest transformation to be like a -25's, and adding in YF-29 cannons, is more than a "tweak". It's practically a new valk.

I was thinking like----slide up the tailfins in battroid so they line up with/fill in the gaps in the wings, and a new type or two of swappable mission pod. Not a total re-design.

I liked the 30 because it had delta wings and an interesting torso configuration----I'm very surprised those distinctive elements were removed in favor of "the stuff we already saw many times in Frontier".

i like it. A lot of cool details that i think make for some good Macross!

And the VF-31 Sigfried! So the 30 was the Chronos, but became the more mass produced 31 and was named after the hero of 30! i think thats PERFECT!

Im getting the love triangle vibe to be Blue Haired guy, the lead female singer girl, and the red headed pilot. Possibly with side love triangles with the antagonist guys and a mix of the girls. it doesnt look like the girls on the poster ar epilots, just another idol/singing group that are big on the world.

WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE TAKE MACROSS AWAY FROM KAWAMORI!!!!!

I think the sponsors overruled Kawamori on a lot. There are quite a bit of current anime trend lines in this series it would appear. I suspect the same was the case with M7, let's hope it isn't another single season crammed into two!!

Edited by Zinjo

That's a huge b!tch.

Wooo, that head unit is badass

I thought the VF-31 is a YF-30 with different wing configuration?

Look closely. There's a LOT more differences than that

i like it. A lot of cool details that i think make for some good Macross!

And the VF-31 Sigfried! So the 30 was the Chronos, but became the more mass produced 31 and was named after the hero of 30! i think thats PERFECT!

Im getting the love triangle vibe to be Blue Haired guy, the lead female singer girl, and the red headed pilot. Possibly with side love triangles with the antagonist guys and a mix of the girls. it doesnt look like the girls on the poster ar epilots, just another idol/singing group that are big on the world.

I'm so happy to finally be getting a female pilot as part of the love triangle. Doesn't look like she's one of the idol chicks either

I think the sponsors overruled Kawamori on a lot, there are quite a bit of current anime trend lines in this series it would appear. I suspect the same was the case with M7, let's hope it isn't another single season crammed into two!!

Implying Kawamori doesn't love idol groups

Implying Kawamori doesn't love idol groups

Outside of Macross, how many Kawamori stories / series have you seen featuring idol groups?

I don't recall any.

Idols are a marketing and merchandizing tool. They sell music and figures to the fanbase, while the fighters sell toys and model kits.

These things pay for the show.

Edited by Zinjo

That was definitely a different sort of vibe than other Macross shows. There are some similarities to Macross Frontier on the production side, but most of the rest feels stylistically different.

There are some elements that feel kinda like Escaflowne or Code Geass.

The visuals and written description via ANN make it sound like Sound Force elements will appear in the form of these Walkure units.

The SV-262 Draken III looks less and less like a single engine valkyrie the more I see of it. Likely just two VF-17-style feet that "laterally" clamp together.

Confirmed that the VF-31 is a YF-30 style valkyrie. That seems to track. I REALLY like what I see of it so far.

Strange to see Zentradi mecha depicted so prominently.

Certainly plenty upon which to speculate :)

Anyone wondering what Macross Delta character designer Chisato Mita has done in the past, her most well-known work was on the Japan-only Lost-Planet spin-off 'EX-Troopers' game on the PS3.

(*cough*so now I can finally change my avatar after 3 months of none thinking to ask me what it was ;-) *cough*)

Edited by Tochiro

So are the idols pilots too? I took this screenshot and the pilot doesn't look like it could be one of the girls.

rVol75c.png

First image of the new pilot suit btw ;)

I wondered if they are not some sort of civilian stunt team, that have a music group on the side and are drafted into service by a Chiba like character,,,, That in itself is worrisome...

<mantra> keep an open mind, keep an open mind...

Edited by Zinjo

Outside of Macross, how many Kawamori stories / series have you seen featuring idol groups?

I don't recall any.

Idols are a marketing and merchandizing tool. They sell music and figures to the fanbase, while the fighters sell toys and model kits.

Does AKB0048 count?

Does AKB0048 count?

Hmmmm, I'll have to get back to you on that. It could be a mortgage payment show, every film maker does them. It would be his first in 30 years of anime. So i will not accept he likes anime idols until I see a second non-Macross show like it from him.

Edited by Zinjo

So are the idols pilots too? I took this screenshot and the pilot doesn't look like it could be one of the girls.

rVol75c.png

Calling it right now, it's Machida and he's gonna punch the s**t out of someone. :lol:

Edited by Einherjar

I don't recall any.

AKB48 comes to immediate mind

Hmmmm, I'll have to get back to you on that. It could be a mortgage payment show, every film maker does them. It would be his first in 30 years of anime. So i will not accept he likes anime idols until I see a second non-Macross show like it from him.

Lol why is the idea of Kawamori-san liking idols so egregious to you? I recall him being pretty enthusiastic about it in interviews around the time the show was premiering. But of course you'll just say he had to seem enthusiastic for promotion.

Reminds me of the people who assume every element of a production they don't like is not the fault of people they like. E.g: Ant-Man and people attributing all the good stuff to Edgar Wright and the bad stuff to Peyton Reed

Edited by Raptor One

I was wondering the same thing too, since that female pilot from the trailer isn't in any of the shots of the idol group. Anyone know if the -31 is a two-seater?

So, no EX-gear?

That's pretty clearly an Ex-Gear shoulder armor right behind the pilot.

So I'm thinking this "Var Syndrome" they mention might have something to do with the Protoculture, considering they were also mentioned in the trailer?

Maybe there are too much culture within human civilization in Macross Delta. Singing is totally banned on planet Delta that's why all the former singers/idol join the UN Spacy to become combat pilot.

It does have EX-gear. You can see the shoulder armor for it in the cockpit.

No, that's a giant seat belt.

Edited by Reaction Warhead

Maybe there are too much culture within human civilization in Macross Delta. Singing is totally banned on planet Delta that's why all the former singers/idol join the UN Spacy to become combat pilot.

I don't think that's quite the case as the "Walkure" girls are also called the Tactical Sound Unit.