Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

No. The young guy with the blue hair is our protagonist. The idols are on the side of the heroes. Versus the evil pretty boys.

You better believe they're mold-milking the VF-31 and Sv-262 with those different color schemes.

Is this confirmed? people are saying that Freyja, the girl with orange hair is the protagonist

Edited by Dash

The blue haired kid looked like he was wearing one of Sheryl's earings. For a second I thought he might be Alto's son, then I remembered this is only eight years in the future.

Trailer said something about Protoculture. Anyone with enough knowledge to elaborate?

Those girls might not be the pilots. That Zentran looking chick with the red hair was in what looked like a pilot suit and she isn't in any of the images with the valks.

Edited by Raptor One

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't concerned about the "boy band VS girl squadron" potential here, especially if it descends quickly into fan service and fetishism.

On the other hand, the trailer showed potential. There was intrigue in some of the "concerned" looking faces and confrontations.

I do wonder, what are the stakes on just one planet?

How do the Zentran tie into the story?

And really, my biggest question at the moment is, just how fast can I get a hold of something fan-subbed after it airs.

I don't know nearly enough Japanese to keep up if the only source I have available it untranslated, but I guess we'll cross that bridge in 2016.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Sort of looks like a Tales game with Valks... I'm intrigued.

i was thinking the same... doesn't capcom make breath of fire series?

After seeing the trailer, I have a few points.

1. That green haired woman might be a 20 something Ranka to tie the series' together, since it takes place 8 years after frontier.

2. The new Regults have pelvic guns (?) rather suggestive for a kids show!

3. The new hero battleship looks like it is either a 2nd generation Quarter or perhaps a 3rd generation Macross Class Warship (hoping for the latter).

4. The setting looks like a colony that may have been settled by a culturally German emigration group, which might explain the penchant for castles and such.

5, The SV series fighters leaves me with the impression this might be a cold war or colonial secession story. The SV series of fighters are synonymous with the AUA or at the very least a government / military not associated with the NUN.

6. The VF-31 appears to me to be smaller than the VF-25 or the cockpit canopy is larger.

7. The character designs seem more refined than the Frontier ones, but not otherwise remarkable.

8. Not grooving on an idol group showdown possibility, but we'll have to wait and see.

9. Not grooving on the VF civilian color schemes. Great for selling toys, I get that, but a departure from Frontier.

10. Was hoping to see next gen destroids other than the Cheyenne's. It's on a planet, they should have more different destroids than that IMO.

11. Hopefully we'll see fighters with "UN Air Force" on them since this is a planet, not outer space, but we'll have to wait and see.

12. Loving the atmospheric battles, Kawamori did some great work with that in Zero!

Edited by Zinjo

Kawamori said that no come with gunpod because have retractile mini gunpods by the way it is Ranka Lee?

Looks like Alto/Sky end is canon. So, Ranka and Sheryl got together instead and mixed their DNA into a test tube baby. This is who we're seeing I believe.

After looking at the Valkyrie girls, it looks like Macross Delta is going full moe in character design.

I'm kinda disappointed, but i'm still going to watch it. :lol:

Edited by Reaction Warhead

I'm guessing the VF-31's forearm guns can rotate 180° on the forearm, so they can point forward both in Battroid and Fighter modes.

Anyway as well as the mystery back mounted weapon pod(s), the VF-31 seems pretty well armed.

Watching that trailer in the stream gave me the same goosebumps when I saw the first frontier trailer seven years ago. Loved the shot of the new macross floating in the sky.

Not for me. Frontier taller gave me chills, Delta's trailer, is just meh for me.

post-11-0-26819500-1446095588_thumb.png

Looks like Alto/Sky end is canon. So, Ranka and Sheryl got together instead and mixed their DNA into a test tube baby. This is who we're seeing I believe.

After looking at the Valkyrie girls, it looks like Macross Delta is going full moe in character design.

I'm kinda disappointed, but i'm still going to watch it. :lol:

Or maybe this guy is Alto's son:

UQhc1NK.png

I know, I know, it's only 8 year after frontier but hey fold dilatation and all that, right? (he even seems to have Sheryl's earring hanging from his neck) :p

I know, I know, it's only 8 year after frontier but hey fold dilatation and all that, right? (he even seems to have Sheryl's earring hanging from his neck) :p

The blue haired kid looked like he was wearing one of Sheryl's earings. For a second I thought he might be Alto's son, then I remembered this is only eight years in the future.

Guess we'll see. Maybe it's Alto himself. Who knows where the Vajra Queen took him

Edited by Raptor One

Antagonists

Zero = Cold war

MWF = Space invaders, endless war

Plus = Artifical Intelligence

7 = Ancient adversaries, space vampires

Frontier = Megalomania, an even more exotic, difficult to communicate with alien species

Delta = A spreading illness?

Culture and memes are "viral" so could Var syndrome perhaps be not literal virus, but an ideological one?

Perhaps a statement on extremism?

It would be an interesting reflection of the times.

UQhc1NK.png

Blue hair. So either Minmay's grandson or Max and Milia got back together....if you know what i mean. ;)

UQhc1NK.png

Looks more like a fold quartz pendant to me. Minmay was lost to the stars, so unlikely her kid.

Not sure what to make of the preview synopsis, but it sure seems like a double down on the Jamming Birds idea. Nervous, but hoping it is better conceived than M7's idea of magic song beams. The Var virus is a different take. Hard to say where that could be going... I am hopeful the Protoculture reference will give us another insight into the enigma of that civilization that is well thought out and compelling.

It would appear to be in the vicinity of the Vajra home world where the new Frontier colony exists. A "kingdom" colony, is definitely following current anime trend lines.

Edited by Zinjo

I really hope we see a VF-30. The -31 is both too different from the 30 and too much like the 25/29. I really just wanted a slightly tweaked YF-30. Just a few little things could have made it amazing.

It definitely looks smaller than a VF-25 and the YF-30

Edited by Zinjo