Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

As silly as this might sound, I figure it may be things they salvage from Vajra technology and physiology. These include micro fold reactors that allow indefinite operating times, a micronised fold drive for individual valks without use of fold boosters, and munitions that can be "unlimited" as they are warped directly into the weapons of the valk. The vajra had these abilities. That is assuming they managed to artificially create fold Quartz.

And maybe more practical and civilian use of the vajra fold network without cybernetics.

Even back before Frontier aired, I was wondering would the Fold Booster technology of Macross Plus have become advanced enough that the Frontier Valks had built-in, miniature Fold Boosters capable of multiple Folds. Alas, that was not to be.

Certainly, a built-in Fold Booster capable of multiple foldswith little or no recharge time between folds would be a strategic and tactical game changer.

Did the Vajra have the capability to warp munitions directly into their bodies? I don't remember. I thought they organically grew replacement munitions inside their bodies, but this took time. Maybe I'm remembering wrongly.

bandai or arcadia license?

Nobody knows yet. But I imagine it is unlikely to be Arcadia.

bandai or arcadia license?

Definitely Bandai. They're a part of the Macross Modelers brand as announced earlier and even though the write up mentioned it's for plastic models, I'm assuming they include figurines and toys as well since there are multiple companies in there.

Edited by neoexcaliber

MiG-31_Firefox.jpg

You must think in Russian...

BTW, AFAIK, the numbered tickets of the stage events tomorrow will be distributed and those ones will be disappeared so early.

2 years ago, I went to the venue (Makuhari Messe, at that time) earlier than the starting time of the exhibit, and I got 2 tickets of the 2 stages; the talk events of SBY and GuP. IIRC I arrived there about 30 minutes earlier than the starting time. But about a quarter of the ones of the Yamato event had already been distributed. I have got to get up early tomorrow.

Even back before Frontier aired, I was wondering would the Fold Booster technology of Macross Plus have become advanced enough that the Frontier Valks had built-in, miniature Fold Boosters capable of multiple Folds. Alas, that was not to be.

Certainly, a built-in Fold Booster capable of multiple foldswith little or no recharge time between folds would be a strategic and tactical game changer.

Did the Vajra have the capability to warp munitions directly into their bodies? I don't remember. I thought they organically grew replacement munitions inside their bodies, but this took time. Maybe I'm remembering wrongly.

Teleporting valks. Ever since we watched Frontier 6 years ago (it was that long ago?!) I felt that that was one of the technologies that could be developed eventually. And the technology to allow it to happen was available in Vajra. So who knows? This is just me fan-wanking. XD

I think you're right about the Vajra producing munitions internally. I think i'm mistaken on folding munitions in. But in any case, now they have a possible canon-lore to explain technology for Valkyries to have unlimited ammo and missiles in video games. :D

Definitely Bandai. They're a part of the Macross Modelers brand as announced earlier and even though the write up mentioned it's for plastic models, I'm assuming they include figurines and toys as well since there are multiple companies in there.

From what I remember from my former contacts, back before Frontier aired, Yamato were actually offered a chance at the toy licence by Big West as long as they became a major sponsor of the show. Yamato couldn't afford it then, so Bandai ended up with the toy licence as they become the major sponsor of the show.

Given the popularity of Frontier and Bandai's success with Frontier toys, it's probably pretty much certain that Bandai has the Delta toy licence locked down already.

Graham

The closest comparison I can make to an existing fighter mode airframe is the YF-27. Behold.

m4LBeRm.jpgimage.jpg

More pics:

http://frameout.blog67.fc2.com/blog-entry-340.html

Frameout!! and i was looking thru pics of valks wondering where i saw something similiar (other than the 30 that is)!

You have a good memory...that looks real similar!

if delta valks have those artlines, bandai would have my $$ if they come up with that tampo!

the draken is a contender for tampo of the year if the lines on its body happen to be extensive like an bio-mech circuit board....

Also looking at the exhaust flames of the draken, it looks like 2 very close nozzles burning together(forming a giant flame)...i would like to see how it transforms!

Edited by seti88

From what I remember from my former contacts, back before Frontier aired, Yamato were actually offered a chance at the toy licence by Big West as long as they became a major sponsor of the show. Yamato couldn't afford it then, so Bandai ended up with the toy licence as they become the major sponsor of the show.

Given the popularity of Frontier and Bandai's success with Frontier toys, it's probably pretty much certain that Bandai has the Delta toy licence locked down already.

Graham

I wonder if we could've avoided Bandai's version 1 mishap if Yamato picked it up or if it'll be VF-1 all over again. :p Since we MIGHT be getting a glimpse of the model kits soon, I hope Bandai has something interesting to reveal next month.

I think I might prefer that the valkyries need fold boosters. Not only do Macross-style fold boosters make FTL for fighters more limited and more distinct among all science fiction than the typical Star Wars/Star Trek space craft (and as a result, more dramatically interesting), it also allows for the creation of visually interesting fold boosters as an accessory, both in-universe/in-series and as merchandising for toys and models.

can confirm until we see the reverse side...although with a single engine, its gonna be pretty ackward in battroid...
i mean the feet may have their own mni thrusters but you then have a big ...ummm backside thruster hanging downward!

I've never understood the hesitation to the idea. The YF-21 Battroid mode works just fine positioning it's main engines with the back torso and deploying retracted legs stored internally when needed. And most of the battroids have a rocket pack on the rear torso to fly around in battroid mode. IMO, single engine could work just fine doing the same.

And I thought that we are looking at the underside of the second craft in the background.

If the craft in the background is a Variable Fighter that only has a single exhaust nozzle (that splits into two parts for the Gerwalk-/Battroid-Mode) it would be a welcome change in the VF design.

Yeah, that really looks like the top of the cockpit to me, given all those red, glowing cameras/sensors.
I too think a single engine valkyrie would be great, especially in the right design like this Draken-inspired craft. Though to be honest, I would really imagine that in a Draken-like craft, it would be too tempting not to make the big side fuselage portions into the legs. Doesn't discount a single engine battroid, but each left-right section having a foot at the back would be really easy to envision and build :)

I wonder if we could've avoided Bandai's version 1 mishap if Yamato picked it up or if it'll be VF-1 all over again. :p Since we MIGHT be getting a glimpse of the model kits soon, I hope Bandai has something interesting to reveal next month.

It might be wishful thinking, but I expect at least the first couple of kits to be revealed as soon as tomorrow. :) Bandai, Hasegawa, Wave, bring it on!

I think I might prefer that the valkyries need fold boosters. Not only do Macross-style fold boosters make FTL for fighters more limited and more distinct among all science fiction than the typical Star Wars/Star Trek space craft (and as a result, more dramatically interesting), it also allows for the creation of visually interesting fold boosters as an accessory, both in-universe/in-series and as merchandising for toys and models.

I've never understood the hesitation to the idea. The YF-21 Battroid mode works just fine positioning it's main engines with the back torso and deploying retracted legs stored internally when needed. And most of the battroids have a rocket pack on the rear torso to fly around in battroid mode. IMO, single engine could work just fine doing the same.

Yeah, that really looks like the top of the cockpit to me, given all those red, glowing cameras/sensors.

I too think a single engine valkyrie would be great, especially in the right design like this Draken-inspired craft. Though to be honest, I would really imagine that in a Draken-like craft, it would be too tempting not to make the big side fuselage portions into the legs. Doesn't discount a single engine battroid, but each left-right section having a foot at the back would be really easy to envision and build :)

the 21 had its thrusters spaced apart, running down the back but almost down the leg path. Cant conclusively say how the thrusters on the draken-copy would appear similarly in battroid, however if they dont part it may look like a single nozzle hanging back down in the middle.

the effective rotation of battroid may be affected if there arent space apart for torgue from the thrusters.,.

will see i guess...

It might be wishful thinking, but I expect at least the first couple of kits to be revealed as soon as tomorrow. :) Bandai, Hasegawa, Wave, bring it on!

I feel like a kid again and cant sleep well!

I'm pretty hyped for the upcoming Macross series. I haven't been this excited since Frontier 8 years ago.

Anyway, does anyone else here think that the promo image for Delta gives of a Macross Plus vibe?

I did too in the beginning with the opposing valks...

After mulling it over, with the like planet involved in the lettering, suggesting perhaps they may have shifted to a land/planet based scenario.

if i was a japanese mind, that would spell out colonisation/race/faction war which commonly appears in the earlier days of anime..

am still excited nevertheless! :)

I'm over the forward-swept wing fad. It worked well enough for the YF/VF-19 I suppose, but I didn't really care for it in the VF-9 or the YF-29. Just my personal tastes though.

Am I alone in saying I'd rather see some kind of SW1 side story (much in the same vein as Gundam's 08th MS Team)? Or a story that took place during the reconstruction?

I'd like to see that done too, but I'll tell you I'm pretty happy about the advancing storyline too. I just wish we didn't have to wait around for years between productions. They could spit out some OVA's that fill in the gaps in between the series...

It could also be that the craft in the background has two main thrusters like the Typhoon for example but has its Battroid legs placed side by side so it creates the illusion of a single engine aircraft.

Just mocked this up with my 30.

ccKT2XQ.jpg

Oh yeah, that looks awesome. Nice work ChaoticYeti!

It could also be that the craft in the background has two main thrusters like the Typhoon for example but has its Battroid legs placed side by side so it creates the illusion of a single engine aircraft.

On another board it was remarked that the feet/engines of the red Draken-like valkyrie may be laterally placed, similar to a VF-17 Nightmare

I think the two large fuselage portions on either side of the craft are likely to be the legs, in which case a dual engine design would make more sense. Course, I'm still holding out hope for a single-engine design. Macross needs to have one. Or maybe what would be even better... a TRIPLE-ENGINE design :wub:

that may mean then that the arms are outside the legs in fighter mode...straight-forward birdman....altho gerwalk would mean really tight spacing in the legs somehow...

Just mocked this up with my 30.

ccKT2XQ.jpg

That's awesome Yeti ... solves the forward swept wing debate for me at least.

As for the symbol, I did a google image search and the closest thing was the hood symbol for a Nissian Silvia

NOaQkF7.png

I'm sure it's just a coincidence, but I *really* hope this doesn't mean the theory it's about racing is correct.

I just want a big intergalactic war, is that too much to ask? :D

Edited by akteon

That's awesome Yeti ... solves the forward swept wing debate for me at least.

As for the symbol, I did a google image search and the closest thing was the hood symbol for a Nissian Silvia

NOaQkF7.png

I'm sure it's just a coincidence, but I *really* hope this doesn't mean the theory it's about racing is correct.

I just want a big intergalactic war, is that too much to ask? :D

Oh come on !!, Let`s give a chance to a racing plot....Possibilities would be plenty,,,Custom Valkyries, Adrenaline, Sexy babes and most of all some fresh air to the franchise,..By the way ..I guess Macross just got another wealthy sponsor... :p

That promo art is looking really, really good. New valk looks suitably badass and the enemy mecha is intriguing. I'm digging the logo too.

More news was revealed on Twitter. Well, never stops...

According to the official tweet, the new Macross exclusive plamodel bland, "Macross Modellers" will be launched.

Not only one manufacturer, but some other ones also join in it.

So we'll definitely be getting an Macross Build Fighters type show in a few years!

Ha, this is gonna end up like that white-gold or blue-black dress meme from earlier this year.

Anyway, I'm calling dark blue with yellow trim (ala YF-21) on the Draken-esq VF.

Graham

Lmao that's exactly what I thought of when you said it.

I'm over the forward-swept wing fad. It worked well enough for the YF/VF-19 I suppose, but I didn't really care for it in the VF-9 or the YF-29. Just my personal tastes though.

Am I alone in saying I'd rather see some kind of SW1 side story (much in the same vein as Gundam's 08th MS Team)? Or a story that took place during the reconstruction?

Love forward swept wings. This is a chance for Kawamori to redeem himself for the YF-29. Wasn't feeling that design much. But the VF-9 is a beauty

A reconstruction era story would make a cool OVA IMO.

Graham

But... I wanna see the idol(s)...

Still holding out for a female pilot in one of these triangles. (non-singer)

No military markings and a Racing custom Blue Valk...To get ready for adrenaline..You better wear your seat belt!!

Since the logo below the cockpit seems a lightning bolt what if it's the return of Basara? ??

Macross the Ride x Macross 7 crossover confirmed!!!

Edited by Raptor One

OK, so the Draaken fighter looks very much like it has the sensor canopy we saw with the Galaxy VF-27 design. We'll either see more cyborgs or perhaps micronized Zentradi as most of their fighters in the past seem to favor this type of control system.

The transition picture convinces me our hero fighter is likely a "VF-31/32", the production model of the YF-30. As we saw in the differences between the YF-21 and VF-22, the production models do not mirror their prototypes in final look. The only exception I recall is the YF-19, "looked" the same compared to the A and C types, but several of the bells and whistles were removed from it's guts. The question is regarding the "VF-31" wings, where the leading edges seem to be tapered upward like a F-4U Corsair from the angle we get in the picture.

The insignia is a placeholder design. We saw a similar design on the fuselage of the purple VF-25 in the teaser clip before Frontier aired. It is similar to the Galaxy Logo, but not very. At this point we do not know who will be involved and what their insignia will look like.

Edited by Zinjo

I did too in the beginning with the opposing valks...

After mulling it over, with the like planet involved in the lettering, suggesting perhaps they may have shifted to a land/planet based scenario.

if i was a japanese mind, that would spell out colonisation/race/faction war which commonly appears in the earlier days of anime..

am still excited nevertheless! :)

Isamu's record mentioned a Delta War.

So we may see a not exactly political stable planet.