Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

Nothing to see here, just keeping the disappointment train going...

Checks in - reads Raptormesh's post (and several previous) and checks out. Sorry mickyg.

Some wild speculation or a picture of a canard of a supposed new Valk would do at this stage.

Some tiny tricklings of mini-news... Superhuman Drawing Dynamo Hidetaka Tenjin-sensei has posted on Facebook that he went over to Satelight to get his designs for the new series checked, and revealed that they are "full of gimmicks". But of course, being a modest craftsman, he phrased it as "they end up being full of gimmicks.... I'm hoping to learn from K-sensei."

Tenjin worked on some designs in Frontier before, but this time he's in charge of some "major ones". Not to worry, though, he also (re-)confirmed that the Valks themselves will still be handled by Kawamori, as per Macross tradition.

Some tiny tricklings of mini-news... Superhuman Drawing Dynamo Hidetaka Tenjin-sensei has posted on Facebook that he went over to Satelight to get his designs for the new series checked, and revealed that they are "full of gimmicks". But of course, being a modest craftsman, he phrased it as "they end up being full of gimmicks.... I'm hoping to learn from K-sensei."

Tenjin worked on some designs in Frontier before, but this time he's in charge of some "major ones". Not to worry, though, he also (re-)confirmed that the Valks themselves will still be handled by Kawamori, as per Macross tradition.

Do you know if the new Valkyries have giant guitars, microphones, drums, etc.? I'd love to have a DX Chogokin Band Squad of Valyries.

All I can picture when he says "full of gimmicks" is the Bathroom Buddy from Gremlins. Perhaps it could be issued to pilots as part of their survival gear?

Can anyone translate please?

attachicon.gif11270680.jpg

Someone at facebook is saying it has to do with the new show.

Renato already did, above.

So long as we don't get another mess that was the Macross Quarter cap ship, I'll be happy. I was missing Miyatake Kazutaka's logical touch on cap ships with the Quarter.. The elements were fine, but how they were slapped together reminded me of the Metal Siren from M2!.

Awww, but combiners would be new ground for Macross!

Maybe Delta is referring to the deltoid muscle and that is where the new Valkyries fit into forming a new (small) capital ship!!

I just hope the wings/tailfins fold up/away somewhere, and aren't just hanging on the back in their fighter-mode arrangement like most of HFH's valk designs lately. (the -29 is horrid in this regard)

After the -11, it's like he stopped trying to find a place for the wings, and just let them hang whereever they ended up.

I just hope the wings/tailfins fold up/away somewhere, and aren't just hanging on the back in their fighter-mode arrangement like most of HFH's valk designs lately. (the -29 is horrid in this regard)

After the -11, it's like he stopped trying to find a place for the wings, and just let them hang whereever they ended up.

Are you considering the 21 as coming before the 11?

I would say the 30 was a missed opportunity to take it back to more like the 1/11 style wings.

• 3 weeks later...

Buried in this (really great) interview is the news that if all goes as planned, Delta (or whatever it's called) should debut at the beginning of next year.

http://www.toonzone.net/2015/06/toonzone-at-mcm-london-comic-con-may-2015-hidetaka-tenjin-interview/

I just wish they had spelled Takani's name right.

HYPE TRAIN!!!!

caa.jpg

Buried in this (really great) interview is the news that if all goes as planned, Delta (or whatever it's called) should debut at the beginning of next year.

http://www.toonzone.net/2015/06/toonzone-at-mcm-london-comic-con-may-2015-hidetaka-tenjin-interview/

I just wish they had spelled Takani's name right.

Thanks Gubaba, great find !

So stoked. The next 6 months cannot go fast enough.