Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

Good taste? Wisdom? Common sense? Self respect? :p

Every time I've seen Yoshiki Fukuyama and Chie Kajiura perform, either separately, or together as Fire Bomber, they've put on a damn good show. Having talked to both of them, they both seem like extremely nice people, too. What is it about them that you think is in poor taste?

Wow! Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today and forgot to put on their sense of humor... You'd think that the " :p " would be a dead giveaway that I was being facetious.

Well, I think it's kinda obvious by the screen name how much Gubaba loves Mac 7 :p

Wow! Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today and forgot to put on their sense of humor... You'd think that the " :p " would be a dead giveaway that I was being facetious.

Sorry! I forgot that this is Macross World, where there is absolutely no history of anyone being negative about Macross 7. My apologies! ;)

Any chance they will bring the supervision army in on the story? As far as I can recall, we've only ever seen the Zentradi directly. And I recall some protoculture in Macross 7 (and Zero of course). Am I forgetting something?

Any chance they will bring the supervision army in on the story? As far as I can recall, we've only ever seen the Zentradi directly. And I recall some protoculture in Macross 7 (and Zero of course). Am I forgetting something?

There is a chance but I wouldn't count on it.

If it's expected then is it really 'news'? Hmmm.... That's kinda deep man.

Personally I'm expecting some small tidbits in April (fan club events and anime trade shows happen then) but most real news and big reveals probably won't happen until the second half of the year.

I originally thought we would hear more sooner, but the fact that there's an Aquarion anniversary project in the works that will have to come out before Delta, I've pushed my expectations for news back a bit.

Edited by Tochiro

Personally I'm expecting some small tidbits in April (fan club events and anime trade shows happen then) but most real news and big reveals probably won't happen until the second half of the year.

I originally thought we would hear more sooner, but the fact that there's an Aquarion anniversary project in the works that will have to come out before Delta, I've pushed my expectations for news back a bit.

I read about the Aquarion project too, but haven't read anything about it coming before Delta?

After all... Kawamori tends to keep those mysterys... well, mysterys <_<

BLESS HIM!! :D

Maybe... maybe the Aquarion project IS Delta! Think about it... what if the guys in Aquarion were actually the protoculture?

OK, that's not remotely funny... <_<

Maybe we'll get the same thing as Frontier? I teaser first episode in December and the series the following spring.

• 2 weeks later...

Valkyries combining in space would be silly but what about the SDF combining in space to form as one giant robot.

One ship is the canon, 5 other ships are the body parts. The captain is an AI lifeform similar to sharon apple who gives order to humans and aliens. Then it goes crazy because it hates music and the protoculture arrive to save the day with their magic floating rocks and using the electronic music they devloped as magic spells to cause the AI to experience love. Then the protoculture create cyborg babies with machines by havig sex with the AI in cyberspace, causing human and aliens to get jealous and kill the protoculture for siding with the enemy. (end of all macross and the beginning of japanese robotech)

Roy Fokker is cloned and brought back to life and everyone becomes serious but they can get drunk while on missions if they want to because Roy lets them. (as well as grow your hair long so that it covers one eye and gets in the way of your ability to see in 3D)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

So just to recap.....

The new series is called Macross Delta.

It will take place not long after Frontier.

It will have a girl singer

The Vf 30 will apear in one form or another.

Have I missed anything yet ?

So just to recap.....

The new series is called Macross Delta.

It will take place not long after Frontier.

It will have a girl singer

The Vf 30 will apear in one form or another.

Have I missed anything yet ?

1. We still don't know the pronunciation of the title... it might be "Macross Reconguista" for all we know...

2. Eight years after Frontier, yeah.

3. Yes.

4. Probably.

5. It will take place very far away from the Frontier fleet.