Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

It's only been 8 years, Frontier has made history with mankind finding another Earth like planet.

I'm confused by this line - are you suggesting that this was the first time mankind had found an Earth-like planet? Or just that's rare enough to still be an historic event?

I'm thinking of Eden in MacPlus, Rax in M7, and Zola in Dynamite, to name a few habitable planets already known to humanity.

The question of the day will is, "what" will the new CF fighter be? Will it remain the VF-171 or will it become the VF-25? The VF-171 is relatively early in its service life, so one has to wonder. I guess it will depend on the story. If Federal forces are involved and the NUN Federal Government has adopted a VF-24 as their next gen fighter, that could be the new CF. We'll have to wait and see.

Yeah, I think my "valk" was reinterpreted by my phone to be "call". So yes, the 171 would seem to be a logical CF unit still but that sucks for moving toys so.... moving on. Here is a thought, we know nothing about this series except for when it takes place right? It's doubtful that Megaroad is the only ship that vanished without a trace. This series could be about another colony unit that has lost contact. If that were the case, the cannon fodder valkyrie could be something already used (or with a lower number designation) rather than something new. Also, do we know how readily fleets have their fighters replaced? I know in 7 we see the introduction of the 17, the 19, and the 22 to a fleet with 11s. Would the 11 have been replaced by the 171 or would the 11s have been gradually phased out as fighters lost (be they 11, 17, 19, or 22) were replaced with 171s, 25s, or 27s?

I'm confused by this line - are you suggesting that this was the first time mankind had found an Earth-like planet? Or just that's rare enough to still be an historic event?

I'm thinking of Eden in MacPlus, Rax in M7, and Zola in Dynamite, to name a few habitable planets already known to humanity.

They made a big deal out of it in frontier, so I imagine there was some differentiating factor in finding the Vajra planet over the previous ones.

I think it was because the atmospheric composition was extremely close to Earth's. Zola doesn't count, it was already inhabited.

They made a big deal out of it in frontier, so I imagine there was some differentiating factor in finding the Vajra planet over the previous ones.

I think it was because the atmospheric composition was extremely close to Earth's. Zola doesn't count, it was already inhabited.

Uh, so was the Vajra planet... else why call it "the Vajra planet"?

Aside from it being the Vajra Homeworld, and having a heck of a lot of Fold Quartz, yes, finding an Earth like planet is a big thing in the Macross universe.

It's been stated in a couple of sources that some Emigrant Fleets are doomed to spend a "semi-eternity" searching for a habitable planet.

The question of the day will is, "what" will the new CF fighter be? Will it remain the VF-171 or will it become the VF-25? The VF-171 is relatively early in its service life, so one has to wonder. I guess it will depend on the story. If Federal forces are involved and the NUN Federal Government has adopted a VF-24 as their next gen fighter, that could be the new CF. We'll have to wait and see.

From a business standpoint formally adopting the VF-24 would be a good idea and Bandai wouldn't really have to make new molds for some of the fighters. Would get pretty boring for our collections, however.

Very cool news. Just hope Bandai don't have a stranglehold on the license again so we can see some Arcadia stuff too.

There was quite a bit of horse trading going on by the time of the Second movie, all three major players in Macross mecha merchandise were making deals to give the other licenses to produce Macross toys and kits. Bandai got access to exclusives from Yamato / Arcadia and Hasegawa by giving them access to their exclusive licenses. We are still seeing the benefits of those trades today... :D

Aside from it being the Vajra Homeworld, and having a heck of a lot of Fold Quartz, yes, finding an Earth like planet is a big thing in the Macross universe.

It's been stated in a couple of sources that some Emigrant Fleets are doomed to spend a "semi-eternity" searching for a habitable planet.

That makes plausible sense. It also makes sense why many would be heading toward the galactic core, as there would be many more planets in closer proximity there.

I think is pretty safe to say that Bandai will produce any "1/60 PF" toy for the new show. I don't see Arcadia any where near that license, given they already announced only one new mold a year. That being said, I'm sure Bandai, Kawamori and BW have some kind of understanding and Bandai wants to make money, so I don't think we'll see any recycled frontier valks. May be a downgrade for a new CF (like the 17-to-171) but I expect new valks.

I think is pretty safe to say that Bandai will produce any "1/60 PF" toy for the new show. I don't see Arcadia any where near that license, given they already announced only one new mold a year. That being said, I'm sure Bandai, Kawamori and BW have some kind of understanding and Bandai wants to make money, so I don't think we'll see any recycled frontier valks. May be a downgrade for a new CF (like the 17-to-171) but I expect new valks.

I am not so sure.

Re-purposing existing molds and marketing them is much more profitable (Hasegawa anyone?). The expense of engineering, new CAD designs, making the molds, etc, etc... of several new valks would be considerable. Even just re-engineering accessorial parts of existing molds is less expensive than developing a new line. I'm sure we'll see a new hero valk and maybe even a villan valk, but I would expect the CF's to be recycled designs with some aesthetic differences.

We may see a similar situation to Zero or Frontier, where we have a core design with aesthetic changes ala VF-0A, S, D or the VF-25F, G, S, RVF, etc... However with the announced story date and how close this series follows Frontier, I think we'll see re-used designs for CF fighter craft.

Edited by Zinjo

You got a point there, but I can't imagine a downgrade from the 25/27/29, they are too much of a hero super valk, too iconic. They would compete with the new hero valk, similar to what happened in frontier, where the CF should have been the vf-19, and Kawamori decided not to use it because it was too iconic and would overshadow the new 25. I can see a downgrade from the yf-30 though, I don't see it like a super valk as the others, but that's just me. I know that spect-wise is better, but it doesn't look like it.

Frontier and The Ride opened up several in-universe possibilities with Federal tech not being fully shared with Colonies and the idea that colonies are developing their own versions of fighters, it will be very interesting how this all plays out... B))

Edited by Zinjo

Sounds like a civil war is inevitable.

I think some sort of civil war would be interesting to see. It doesn't matter how many aliens we encounter, humans are our most formidable enemy sort of thing.

Yeah, I agree with Marzan, they already covered a little bit of a civil war. Although that doesn't mean it won't continue in some form in the story arc. There has to be some story element to tie to protoculture. They always cover at least a little bit of new protoculture info in the stories.

Yeah, I agree with Marzan, they already covered a little bit of a civil war. Although that doesn't mean it won't continue in some form in the story arc. There has to be some story element to tie to protoculture. They always cover at least a little bit of new protoculture info in the stories.

I don't think Plus involved protoculture. It was just a short OVA series, though.

If this new show continues with the time-travel/displacement concepts of Macross30 and MtF....we may still get to see some re-animated SDFM ala MtF-style! Maybe the triangle represents Past-Present-Future.

Macross Δ, featuring the new Valkyrie, VF-31 "DeLorean"

I would consider the battle between Frontier and Galaxy as more of a "Regional" conflict not a Civil War. Neither represented the UN federal government based on Earth. Typically Civil wars are an effort to either secede from a government or to take one over. Galaxy had plans to enslave mankind, but the federal government did not participate in the conflict. Even in the second movie it was the SMS and Frontier battling Grace and the mind controlled Vajra.

Edited by Zinjo

I feel like there's going to be time displacement story line in there somewhere. I'm going with "Ancient secrets, and mysteries" and saying the Triangle is probably representation of the Bermuda Triangle, where many aircraft and ships have been lost without ever being found. This would roll the story back to the Megaroad, and possibly the Galactic core. Perhaps even running into the last remnants of the protoculture who are lost in time, until a heroic idol singer uses the power of singing to save the protoculture, unlock the megaroad from time fault, and restore the balance of the galaxy!!!

and omg look, Misa never aged, she's still smoking hot, and omg Hikaru still is flying VF-4's! and they transform! yeay!

I also the think that regardless of which storyline we take from Frontier, both the movie and the series end with Frontier and Galaxy being toast.
With huge issues in conspiracy, sabotage, and mutiny. These events will ripple across the galaxy and either create a division amongst Colony ships

or cause NUNS to take more authority over the political side of operations. Eight years is a blink of the eye, It means our teenage cast is now mid twenties, I think there's going to be lots of cameo's. Even though Kawamori has had a habit of only having a few character cameo's, I think Frontier

really blew the lid off, and he realizes there's going to be money holding onto some of the cast from Frontier.

AFAIK, Frontier was the most successful of the Macross series, so money means stay close to the magic ingredients.

New Macross is always great news.

I only wants this few things:

- No YF-24 derivative mechas. Sorry, but the design is boring.

- Mature characters, no high school kids.

- Make the music angle a more decisive and important battle element, no "I just need my enemy to listen my song and win".

- Make UN Spacy strong again.

- Make every episode count. No silly filler episode.

- PROPER CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. Frontier had none. Every character pretty much was told what to do by someone else, noone made choices, the one important choice was never done.

Edited by Valkyrie addict