Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

Looking at the key visuals and footage to date, IMO it's obvious that the majority of girls are over 14 so I guess I don't see where this comment is coming from?

Well, yes, looking at some of them you'd think that but you can never tell. I suppose I'd just like to see more adult characters in anime. Not sure why you're asking me where it's coming from, it's a preference. :blink:

Why? What do you intend to do?

Destroy the world. Why do you ask? :p Not sure if this is a serious question.

Heyhey! Isn't this board PG?

Yes it is. And honestly I don't know where their minds are. Can't a guy just have characters in his anime that have at least finished high school? :p

Kaname Buccaneer

22y/o.

Leader of the Walkure unit. A big sister figure to the other members.

attachicon.gif3.jpg

Thank you Kawamori. I approve of this character. And she's the leader of Walkure to boot. :wub:

GAR-ness?

Also, Buccaneer as a last name? Are they implying anything, or is it an English word they thought sounded cool?

Given its Macross it could be a reference to the Blackburn Buccaneer.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackburn_Buccaneer

I'm also certain purple head's name is another aviation reference to this man.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Guynemer

EDIT: I'm not sure about the third girl Frejya Wion. Her first name could be a reference to german WWII early warning radar, or her last name could be a reference to Indonesia's Ranai Airport international code. Could be both.

Edited by renegadeleader1

So.... we have the Walkure group, the Aerial Knights, and then a group of pilots that protect Walkure. Do we know what they look like or what their name is yet?

Nope, not really.

Although going by the 2nd pic, the pilot is from Angry Birds. f^_^;)

post-9325-0-71115000-1449848348_thumb.pngpost-9325-0-24052700-1449848369_thumb.png

Edited by Tochiro

So.... we have the Walkure group, the Aerial Knights, and then a group of pilots that protect Walkure. Do we know what they look like or what their name is yet?

From the Forbes interview Delta Squadron. Their role is pretty much like Diamond Force, protect the singers.

Edited by RedWolf

So we have...

Freyja Wion

Migumo Guynemer

Kaname Buccaneer

Is it possible to sense any kind of theme with these names yet? I've seen ideas from some of you on individual names but am wondering if there's a group connection.

There's been a discussion about this, and since even Japanese fans are confused as to how to read Miss Guynemer's first name, it might be Chinese: "Mei Yun."

There's been a discussion about this, and since even Japanese fans are confused as to how to read Miss Guynemer's first name, it might be Chinese: "Mei Yun."

Well, apparently I'm good at missing things. :p So thank you for that. Such snarky responses today!

Well, apparently I'm good at missing things. :p So thank you for that. Such snarky responses today!

Oh, it wasn't meant to be snarky. The discussion happened elsewhere (Facebook) among, like, three or four people, so I figured it would be news to anyone who wasn't there for it.

Oh, it wasn't meant to be snarky. The discussion happened elsewhere (Facebook) among, like, three or four people, so I figured it would be news to anyone who wasn't there for it.

Oh!! Sorry then, I read it wrong. :wacko: I knew you were a good guy Guvava!! :D

Obviously someone doesn't listen to the SpeakerPODcast f^_^ ;)

We've mentioned him quite a few times over the years.

:angry: I'm a fairweather Macross fan so only pay attention when I hear things. :D Yes I'm terrible, I know. I will do some research on this Fan-Ichi!

Gotta say, I'm also curious about the guy. When I hear him mentioned I wonder:

- "Why do they keep his identity secret?"

- "Does everyone on the forums know who he is but me?"

Probably more mysterious than it was ever meant to be.

The man likes his privacy and we respect that.

Also, kinda off topic, let's keep this to Delta :-)

Kawamori was joking about Delta last night.

'If you take that upside down triangle in Aquarion and rotate it a bit it looks like a certain new project that's due to air soon'

Lol!

Gotta say, I'm also curious about the guy. When I hear him mentioned I wonder:

- "Why do they keep his identity secret?"

- "Does everyone on the forums know who he is but me?"

Probably more mysterious than it was ever meant to be.

You're not REALLY Mazinger!

Give us your home address NOW!

To me, French in katakana always sounds weird...

Haha true. I've only just gotten used to English in Katakana so that might explain it

Kaname Buccaneer

22y/o.

Leader of the Walkure unit. A big sister figure to the other members.

attachicon.gif3.jpg

Another nice character design

I should have said genuine manliness. The characters posing with the Drakens sure don't project that.

Ah yes, nothing says genuine manliness like long blue hair and a hariclip

So we got a hacker who's namesake is the electronic warfare variant of the A-6 Intruder? Lol! :)

recap of names so far

Freyja Wion-named for civilan code for Rannai Airport in Indonesia

Migumo Guynemer-named for WWI ace Georges Guynemer

Kaname Buccaneer-named for Blackburn Buccaneer

Makina Nakajima- named for Japanese aircraft manufacturer from WWII

Reina Prowler-named for the EA-6B Prowler EW plane.

Edited by renegadeleader1