Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

I'll say this, without spoilers:

I personally enjoyed the first episode of Macross Delta more than I enjoyed the first episode of Macross Frontier.

Context: Frontier was overall disappointing for me, until the second movie, which was brilliant. The first episode of Delta reminds me a lot of the second Frontier movie. I love both Macross Seven and Macross Plus.

Lastly, at this point, if you want hardcore gritty war stories with robots, I recommend Gundam Thunderbolt, it is amazing. And I am not a Gundam fan, not in the very least. Trust me, it is everything you want.

I loved the first episode of Frontier, really blew me away. I love bug wars.....haha

To be honest, based on the podcast, I have very low expectations of this.

Yup, me too... Not so excited about it anymore... Will watch it with lowered expectations lol

I'll say this, without spoilers:

I personally enjoyed the first episode of Macross Delta more than I enjoyed the first episode of Macross Frontier.

Context: Frontier was overall disappointing for me, until the second movie, which was brilliant. The first episode of Delta reminds me a lot of the second Frontier movie. I love both Macross Seven and Macross Plus.

Lastly, at this point, if you want hardcore gritty war stories with robots, I recommend Gundam Thunderbolt, it is amazing. And I am not a Gundam fan, not in the very least. Trust me, it is everything you want.

Oh ho ho! Now my hopes are back up, XD

Second the Gundam Thunderbolt recommendation, especially with all that jazz =)

And I'll just leave this here... (kira!]

What, no fang?! XD

Can't third the Thunderbolt rec, sadly. Too much Gundam cliche-y badness. Morose characters who can't say or do anything that isn't the epitome of melodrama. GMs being decimated en masse because they decided it was a good idea that TWENTY-FOUR ROBOTS go-kart race through a narrow alley with KNOWN SNIPERS waiting at the other end. Gundam eliciting awed gasps of "Gandamu!?" despite having only achieved a number of improbable victories in a few months. (They treat it as if the past thirty years of Gundam have happened rather than just the first 3/4 of the original MSG.)

But back to Delta, how can I get a shot at watching this and future episodes?