Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

Guest davidwhangchoi

I don't think any of us know. But he looked really young in Mac7 for a dude in his fifties. And if that's any indication, he's probably STILL still in the prime of life.

he's got a lot of children... just wondering if he's manufacturing more. lol (or is he divorced by now... M7 milia seemed caught up w/ practical life... icy cold and no ideal love).

It has been mentioned Max and Milia made a cameo in the MF Wings of Goodbye novelization. That is 2059 during the assault on the Vajra homeworld.

2052 Max created a new Sound Force team in Macross 7th Chord manga.

As far as rumors go Max was a Vindirance supporter and Vindirance leader Maria Fokina Barnrose is his daughter Therese.

Another rumor take it with a grain of salt Max was also one of the test pilots of the YF-24 along with Isamu and Ozma.

These rumors are from Macros Chronicle.

that'll be cool if Max comes to visit his blood. and w/ a new machine! i'd like to see him go up against a current ace pilot.

When I first saw this pic on my phone, it looked like a giant pink Gubaba with angry eyes on the shoulder of this valk....now I can't unsee it...and after listening to the review...perhaps the imagery was deliberate...

3.jpg

:lol: LOL!!! I can totally see it when I squint my eyes! :) Nice.

Um... Yeah. All of that has been posted here over the past couple of weeks. In fact, I'd bet that ANN's source here is Tochiro.

Yes, we're aware you silly, silly man! It's just nice to have everything in one place to see them all instead of going through pages of posts to find them. :p Plus more people go to ANN than here unfortunately.

+1 for the Gubaba. I missed even seeing her watching it on my phone but in that pic, for sure.

I'm thinking that the girl on the shoulder is a hologram, and if you pause the trailer early that scene(gerwalk) she looks transparent. Also when the valk is in gerwalk it looks like she's directly above the "fold quartz", that might be import... maybe:)

(edit Added pic)

post-7418-0-72712400-1451332950_thumb.jpg

Edited by hal9000

+1 for the Gubaba. I missed even seeing her watching it on my phone but in that pic, for sure.

I'm thinking that the girl on the shoulder is a hologram, and if you pause the trailer early that scene(gerwalk) she looks transparent. Also when the valk is in gerwalk it looks like she's directly above the "fold quartz", that might be import... maybe:)

(edit Added pic)

its all explained in the podcast.

So...no NUNS or SMS markings on Delta Squadron?

Did they say who they're fighting under?

Their VF have Aether on them. I suspect another PMC like SMS and Critical Path.

The PV showed a Quarter variant.

Since Delta would be set on different planets on the Rim I think it is inevitable we'll be encountering various planetary militia and PMCs along with the usual Zentradi rebels, Human terrorists and black marketeers.

Kingdom of Wind would be different from the rest as they are a state that did not originate from Earth or Zentradi nor is part of the NUN.

you know, I was wondering when we'd get the return of bits in Macross since the last time we had them. Ironic, considering that Kawamori is a Gundam fan and the one show where bits/squires were featured was the one he didn't work on.

Not sure what you're trying to get at with this statement. Ghosts aka bits were featured as recently as Frontier, and 0083, the one Gundam show Kawamori DID work on, had the Alpha Azieru using fin funnels.

Not sure what you're trying to get at with this statement. Ghosts aka bits were featured as recently as Frontier, and 0083, the one Gundam show Kawamori DID work on, had the Alpha Azieru using fin funnels.

No, the Alpha Azieru (it's the Neue Ziel that was in 0083) was in Char's Counterattack, which Kawamori did not work on. Plus, it's the Nu Gundam that uses fin funnels. If I remember correctly, nothing in 0083 used bits or funnels

Sounds to me like the first episode is trying to grab the idol crowd and then will go more into the Macross stuff as they proceed?

To quote other members "M7 did that". Though, they don't have a second season to fill, so I hope the filler music will be kept to a minimum.

No, the Alpha Azieru (it's the Neue Ziel that was in 0083) was in Char's Counterattack, which Kawamori did not work on. Plus, it's the Nu Gundam that uses fin funnels. If I remember correctly, nothing in 0083 used bits or funnels

Oh, that's right. Well, don't I look like the fool now? :D That'll teach me to go forum-hunting after an all-nighter...

I think I was thinking of the Neue Ziel, but even that doesn't have bits per se. The closest 0083 ever comes to them are the various standoff missile pods, I suppose...

I'll say this, without spoilers:

I personally enjoyed the first episode of Macross Delta more than I enjoyed the first episode of Macross Frontier.

Context: Frontier was overall disappointing for me, until the second movie, which was brilliant. The first episode of Delta reminds me a lot of the second Frontier movie. I love both Macross Seven and Macross Plus.

Lastly, at this point, if you want hardcore gritty war stories with robots, I recommend Gundam Thunderbolt, it is amazing. And I am not a Gundam fan, not in the very least. Trust me, it is everything you want.

yeah I saw that thunderbolt episode and loved it. It actually made me feel bad for those handicap zeon pilots. After watching it (not having read the comic) I'm not really sure who the bad guy is and I like that in a war story. This new macross sounds like most macross stories where the bad guys get beaten by songs again.

Hopefully this delta series has some surprises that will keep us interested though.

Lastly, at this point, if you want hardcore gritty war stories with robots, I recommend Gundam Thunderbolt, it is amazing. And I am not a Gundam fan, not in the very least. Trust me, it is everything you want.

And if you don't like Gundam, the Muv-Luv Schwarzesmarken anime is starting in January.

It's a bug war out there.

Edited by VF5SS

I have a feeling that if the military sci-fi Macross fans don't like this, it's going to do well for new fans, maybe in the same way Frontier did, but perhaps not in that scale. I'm looking forward to it, even if I can't watch it right away due to being at a concert later tonight.

I have a feeling that if the military sci-fi Macross fans don't like this, it's going to do well for new fans, maybe in the same way Frontier did, but perhaps not in that scale. I'm looking forward to it, even if I can't watch it right away due to being at a concert later tonight.

CRUE!!!