Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

Ernest Johnson

In his 40's, he is the Captain of a Macross-class ship. Half Zentraedi, half human, he stands over 2 meters tall.
(minor note: first name could be Ernest, Ernesto, or even possibly Ernst. No way to know until we get the official romanization so I'm going with the more common option of Ernest for now).

post-9325-0-15495400-1450933609_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tochiro

Doesn't alto mean high o_O

Yeah. But his name also has kanji: 早乙女 有人 -- Saotome: A girl who plants rice; Aruto: a person that exists, or the "manned", in "manned spaceflight".

Ranka was supposed to be the Lanka in Sri Lanka, as I remember.

Pick a Johnson any Johnson! :p

There have been a lot of aces since WWI with the last name Johnson, but I think Robert S. Johnson is the reference this time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_S._Johnson

He was the first American pilot to break Rickenbaker's kill record from the first world war.

It's also possible his first name is a reference to Ernst Udet of WWI fame, but I'm not 100% sold on that.

There have been a lot of aces since WWI with the last name Johnson, but I think Robert S. Johnson is the reference this time.

He was the first American pilot to break Rickenbaker's kill record from the first world war.

It's also possible his first name is a reference to Ernst Udet of WWI fame, but I'm not 100% sold on that.

It could very well be Ernst, actually :-) It wouldnt be the normal way of spelling it in Japanese, but it's not totally out of the realm of possibility.

No way to know for now ^^;

Edited by Tochiro

Was anyone here followers of anibloggers back in 2008? With all the build up for Delta over the past few months, for me there's been a persistent reminder that a lot of them have moved on and their blogs have all but disappeared from the Internet.

Good point. There was also a lot of guys who formed part of the Thatanimeblog community like Crusader who were absolutely Frontier crazy.

None of those guys around anymore. Most anime bloggers now are firmly slice of life advocates and most really have a hard time hiding their contempt for shows with mecha in them.

Ernest Johnson

In his 40's, he is the Captain of a Macross-class ship. Half Zentraedi, half human, he stands over 2 meters tall.

(minor note: first name could be Ernest, Ernesto, or even possibly Ernst. No way to know until we get the official romanization so I'm going with the more common option of Ernest for now).

15.jpg

That uniform is really struggling to maintain structural integrity over those shoulders.

It is not his fault he got his genes from his Commander-type father!

He got this complex of being too tall!

Meltrans with the chibi genetic quirk either understand him or is jealous of his height!

On the other hand bitches are after him for his body. Why do think he is on the frontier?

Hmmmm..... possibly Klan's Husbando??? BRING KLAN INTO THIS KAWAMORI!!! (She can't sulk about Michel forever.) :p

Depends on if TV Frontier or Wings of Goodbye is considered the established continuity.

in one he dies, the other he lives.

Edited by Zinjo

Know what it would be funny every time UNS/NUNS finds a Protoculture seeded race they try to find out if the Protoculture left behind either a city ship or a bio weapon meant to wipe out the locals if they became too warlike.

Edited by RedWolf

I would argue that the most famous "Johnson" in aviation is Amy Johnson

Someone says Johnson, I think Johnnie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnnie_Johnson_%28RAF_officer%29

The Monster Hunter Cross x Macross Delta collaboration goes live TODAY!
http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/X/promotion/15.html

Also, official romanization of all character names has been confirmed.
Some are different to what I expected but in ways I wasn't expecting.
Heres the complete list:
WALKURE:
-Freyja Wion
-Mikumo Guynemer
-Kaname Buccaneer
-Makina Nakajima
-Reina Prowler
AERIAL KNIGHTS
-Keith Aero Windermere
-Roid Brehm
-Theo Jussila
-Xao Jussila