Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

Oh, its arodo? Was kinda taking a liking to arad...

No, it's spelled as Arado which 9 times out of 10 is the pronunciation for Arad (remember, there is no hard D in Japanese).

There is one exception to the spelling that I've come across though and since that is the one with the aviation connection (Arado) then that's probably the best one to go with for now.

(Whether Arado or Arad it's pronounced and spelled the same in Japanese anyways).

Personally I prefer Arad as well so fingers crossed they end up officially spelling it that way.

Edited by Tochiro

No, it's spelled as Arado which 9 times out of 10 is the pronunciation for Arad (remember, there is no hard D in Japanese).

There is one exception to the spelling that I've come across though and since that is the one with the aviation connection (Arado) then that's probably the best one to go with for now.

(Whether Arado or Arad it's pronounced and spelled the same in Japanese anyways).

Personally I prefer Arad as well so fingers crossed they end up officially spelling it that way.

I didnt know that there isn't a hard D in japanese, something learnt too aside from german aces. ^_^

Will await more info on the show. There is a delta special preview for you lucky folks in a few days right?

I cant wait when they start airing, feeling is right up there with force awakens.

Arado Mölders? Really? REALLY?!

Waiting for Wulf Galland... or Heinkel Von Werra...

Edited by Sildani

I wonder how many races we are going to have in Macross Delta as the setting would on planets at the Outer Rim.

The Kingdom of Wind may be aiming for expansion but habitable planets may already inhabited and fleets like Macross 11 would be competition.

They could be like the Galveston Empire in Dairugger XV.

What is the meaning of the name Arado or Arad, where does it come from? could it be a miss spelled Alado that mean winged in Spanish?

Arado was a German aircraft manufacturer from the WWII era. They're most famed for the AR 234 Blitz, the first operational purpose-designed jet bomber.

No. Just as answering the question.

There's so much confusion about Delta in social media that I get asked about Ep.1 several times a day at this point.

I know Tochiro, just pulling your leg. :D Very excited to see the premiere episode!!!!!

So, I did a search both on here and in Google and couldn't find anything.

Do we know what (if any) meaning the following character names have?

Loyd Blaim

Theo/Zao Jussila

Keith Aero Windermere (I could assume that Aero is the key here)

Edited by MisaForever

Arado was a German aircraft manufacturer from the WWII era. They're most famed for the AR 234 Blitz, the first operational purpose-designed jet bomber.

ok thanks, it is very nice that the names of all the characters means something related to aircraft and pilots

Looking at this discussion.... Why didn't anyone ask what Alto Saotome or Ranka Lee meant back in 2007?

Also, they have yet to reveal who is handling the music for the series. I think the reveal will just be at the screening of the first episode in a couple of days. It's the first time I've ever seen that -- going in completely blind (or deaf :p ).

Jeez... I'm old :D

But not alone! XD

Interesting aft section of the SV-262. If the nozzels are any indication, this baby is gonna have VF-17 sized feet if not bigger!! :o

you know what they say about valks with big feet...

Looking at this discussion.... Why didn't anyone ask what Alto Saotome or Ranka Lee meant back in 2007?

Also, they have yet to reveal who is handling the music for the series. I think the reveal will just be at the screening of the first episode in a couple of days. It's the first time I've ever seen that -- going in completely blind (or deaf :p ).

Doesn't alto mean high o_O

I think they did, to a degree... It's not for nothing that we all thought her name was "Lanka" initially.

That would mean jackfruit in Filipino, almost the same shade of green lol