Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

Also, is anyone else getting a bad guy vibe from Loyd there, or is it just me?

Surely you don't mean that *puts on glasses* Loyd is the one to Blaim for the Var Syndrome?

(Actually an equally valid interpretation of the surname would be Blame. We won't know until they officially say which it is.)

Haha, it's the Japanese netizens doing their usual thing. Lots of talk of pandering, characters with no impact... there's even a couple of "SEVEN DID IT!!" posts!! :lol:

Looks like Delta is getting a rather tepid response overall, but many are indeed saying they will reserve judgement until the end of the month when the episode is released.

Awww, crap.

Loyd Blaim

20y/o. Commander of the Valkyrie Unit 'Aerial Knights' from the Kingdom of the Wind.

An intelligent young man with a suave personality who looks good in glasses.

he is apparently quite particular about his glasses.

7.jpg

Suave....so he will kill and cry every time?

:lol: I know, I'm old. I just need to accept it and enjoy the show and characters. YAK DECULTURE!!!

Macross Frontier did a very good job in having something for all demographics, from loli Klan through Ranka, Sheryl, Catherine Glass all the way up to Grace (best girl for gentlemen of discerning taste :D )

Jokes aside, I think most Macross TV series have had some pretty solid older characters, male or female, that actually have interesting roles. I'm hoping that Delta will be no different.

Edited by Marzan

This is a true statement, however does every single thing that comes out have to be 'diverse'? I think it's been done to death personally.

How about in this context; despite the supplemental material making it a trivial thing at this point, all of the characters so far appear to be human. Also, their descriptions make them sound pretty well adjusted despite the Var Syndrome wrecking havoc on the galaxy. Then again, the same can be said for most of the people onboard the original Macross throughout most of the show. Except for Kaifun.

How about in this context; despite the supplemental material making it a trivial thing at this point, all of the characters so far appear to be human. Also, their descriptions make them sound pretty well adjusted despite the Var Syndrome wrecking havoc on the galaxy. Then again, the same can be said for most of the people onboard the original Macross throughout most of the show. Except for Kaifun.

Ah yes, I see what you mean now. Hmmmm.... this is a good point you make. It would be nice to see some Zentradi or some other race.

I guess I'm just and old fashioned fuddy duddy, but all the characters male and female seem highly effeminate IMO. I think they're going I little overboard if you ask me. But, I guess that's a reflection of what's going on nowadays.

I guess I'm just and old fashioned fuddy duddy, but all the characters male and female seem highly effeminate IMO. I think they're going I little overboard if you ask me. But, I guess that's a reflection of what's going on nowadays.

I'm the same way so don't feel bad. They are all quite effeminate IMO.