Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

got the link to work.. I like I what I see just from those images. Until we find out more of the story specifics behind it all. The Valks look great! Very keen to see more of the Draken looking Valk!

We saw Kawamori talking in the YF-30 lego demo valk video a few years back remember!?

Believe it or not, I have never seen a single vid with Kawamori in it. Up till now, only still images and thoughts about what he might sound like. I gotta admit, I was expecting him to sound like Ozma...

I thought it was supposed to have a brand new transformation, the VF-31 is just the same old transformation as the 25 with some wing bits that go the wrong way... so its just the SV-262 that's the new transformation?

I'm a bit underwhelmed. The story better be good, the character artwork isn't as good as the old Mikimoto stuff - its looks the newer simplified art.

I wished the schemes were a bit more military than air-show flash.

I thought it was supposed to have a brand new transformation, the VF-31 is just the same old transformation as the 25 with some wing bits that go the wrong way... so its just the SV-262 that's the new transformation?

I'm a bit underwhelmed. The story better be good, the character artwork isn't as good as the old Mikimoto stuff - its looks the newer simplified art.

I wished the schemes were a bit more military than air-show flash.

Kawamori specifically said the 31 would follow along traditional lines and that the Draken would be all new.

Would be cool if some orchestral music like what they played as they left the stage also featured in the show.

OK, we get it, you like MacrossPlus. Just watch that instead, then :p

will it be airing December this year?

Well, there will be a special program on in December that will feature "more-or-less" the first episode, so yeah, it seems they are gonna do what they did with Frontier after all! (SpeakerPODcast prediction FAIL!!) :D

262 looks like a reverse Episode 1 Naboo fighter. or maybe a Gnerl.... many many generations removed.

VF-31 is pretty derivative. They basically slammed the Messiah Battroid into a Durandal Fighter.

At least they seemed to played down the uniboob and flattened it a bit.

Not crazy about either mode to be honest.

Character design looks very Frontier. Looks like they are playing it safe since Frontier did well.

gnerl-lineart.gif

DHdiGzL.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

Who the heck would use a Regult +50 years after first contact? Sure, there's probably a ton of them in the galaxy, but it's probably one of the more demeaning things anyone can pilot at this point.

Could it be a major spoiler...somehow linked to the fact that this is planetside, i wonder if it all leads back to the origins in SDFM?

Or it could just be a recycled old junk re-used for combat or some work...