Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

I wonder if it's even possible that red-Draken-like craft could be single-engine. THat would certainly be different.

can confirm until we see the reverse side...although with a single engine, its gonna be pretty ackward in battroid...

i mean the feet may have their own mni thrusters but you then have a big ...ummm backside thruster hanging downward!

basketball playing VFs? slam dunking the enemy mechs... :lol:

macross plus that was just what i posted a min ago! seems like the poster does draw comparisons to it eh...

arthurian theme eh? there would be a lady of the lake songstress....

Definitely !!!!. Can't wait to get more info on this upcoming wonder !!!

Finally! looking good.

The dark one (I'm with Graham on this one, it's dark blue and yellow/gold IMO) looks like a 17/171 with 27 wings (with some kind of strange big middle back fin), the other one definitely has some Frontier lines. Not sure if the wing go forward like the 19, they seem to go back and out, not forward, but may be is the perspective. If they do go forward, then it should be a yf/vf-39.

Edited by 3D-Brainx

can confirm until we see the reverse side...although with a single engine, its gonna be pretty ackward in battroid...

i mean the feet may have their own mni thrusters but you then have a big ...ummm backside thruster hanging downward!

Thruster will transform into a flamepod and will spew out napalm. :p

Btw, anyone noticed the logo on the tail fins? That's not NUNs. A new faction?

I guess a new Colonial (Planetary) fleet..like the Frontier logo?

Edited by josue

Yeah, I pointed it out a page or two back already.

Probably either an independant colony logo or a PMC logo.

Graham

Here's the symbol in question. A lightning bolt? An 'S'? Squadron 69?

macross_delta_symbol.png

It's on the tail fin and also just below the cockpit.

delta_valk_zoomed.png

There's also a yellowish blob closer to the nose that could possibly be an SMS logo? but I really doubt it.

delta_sms_maybe.png

Edited by akteon

YF-30 and VF-19? Ummm...YF-29? Sensing some YF-30 in there. I'm getting the YF-24-family-vibe. *sigh* I was hoping to get away from that family.

Remember kids, the October 29 press-thingy is just that, a press thingy, not the start of the show.

Press thingy is still information for the info-lusting vampires of the Macross-fandom.

*reminded of the nuggets of info trickling for Macross Frontier back in the day. The fan-analysis of the blurryy prototype trailer. Ahh....those were the days*

I wonder what incremental improvements in technology Kawamori has added to the VFs in Delta? Probably not too many major new improvements this time, as it's only 8 years since Frontier.

In Frontier the main new technological advances as I see it for the VFs were: ICS, Ex-Gear, remote control of VFs via Ex-Gear, the electromagnetic linear actuators for faster transformation time, practical rapid fire beamgun pods (VF-27/YF-29/YF-30) and better integration of internally stowed weapons (YF-29's rotating dual beam cannon and the YF-30's weapon pod).

Graham

I wonder what incremental improvements in technology Kawamori has added to the VFs in Delta? Probably not too many major new improvements this time, as it's only 8 years since Frontier.

In Frontier the main new technological advances as I see it for the VFs were: ICS, Ex-Gear, remote control of VFs via Ex-Gear, the electromagnetic linear actuators for faster transformation time, practical rapid fire beamgun pods (VF-27/YF-29/YF-30) and better integration of internally stowed weapons (YF-29's rotating dual beam cannon and the YF-30's weapon pod).

Graham

As silly as this might sound, I figure it may be things they salvage from Vajra technology and physiology. These include micro fold reactors that allow indefinite operating times, a micronised fold drive for individual valks without use of fold boosters, and munitions that can be "unlimited" as they are warped directly into the weapons of the valk. The vajra had these abilities. That is assuming they managed to artificially create fold Quartz.

And maybe more practical and civilian use of the vajra fold network without cybernetics.

Edited by wolfx

Looks promising to me. Hope we get a good story.

No military markings and a Racing custom Blue Valk...To get ready for adrenaline..You better wear your seat belt!!

Since the logo below the cockpit seems a lightning bolt what if it's the return of Basara? ??

I'm liking the red(?) valkyrie more at the moment but I need to see battroid mode to decide :p

The planet in the logo gives me hope that the story will take place on a planet rather than on another emigration fleet.

But... I wanna see the idol(s)...

Are there going to be more than one? I hope it's just one, for no other reason than that frontier already did it and I don't want to see it again so soon, although it was so successful in frontier that I can see them trying to repeat it.

Are there going to be more than one? I hope it's just one, for no other reason than that frontier already did it and I don't want to see it again so soon, although it was so successful in frontier that I can see them trying to repeat it.

Variable fighters have been successful, too, so I bet this show will have them.

Greedy bastards.

As silly as this might sound, I figure it may be things they salvage from Vajra technology and physiology. These include micro fold reactors that allow indefinite operating times, a micronised fold drive for individual valks without use of fold boosters, and munitions that can be "unlimited" as they are warped directly into the weapons of the valk. The vajra had these abilities. That is assuming they managed to artificially create fold Quartz.

And maybe more practical and civilian use of the vajra fold network without cybernetics.

a centralled managed fold armament system supplying to the valks would be quite interesting....although in such respects i would expect them to go down the drone path too....

is it possible we would see transforming and merging valks? like the old alpha-beta configurations of mospeada...

Here's the symbol in question. A lightning bolt? An 'S'? Squadron 69?

macross_delta_symbol.png

It's on the tail fin and also just below the cockpit.

delta_valk_zoomed.png

There's also a yellowish blob closer to the nose that could possibly be an SMS logo? but I really doubt it.

delta_sms_maybe.png

I am just waiting for the updated skull markings! slobber......

:p:pB))B))

the delta's in opposite direction could mean like a demonstation team or something ...esp with the light blue angel colours ...suddenly interrupted by a menacing draken delta wing...

Edited by seti88

To my mind there's no doubt the central part of the blue fighter is a 30, or something similar. The legs and central spine, not to mention what looks like the missile rack in fighter all look like a 30, so I think it at least takes some heavy design queues from that.

The other fighter is a strange one. I'm intrigued. If nothing else its a totally new shape of fighter which is awesome.

The red Saab Draken-like craft looks like an enemy craft, not only becuase of the colors but also the lack of a transparent cockpit, which has often been associated with the antagonist craft.

And I thought that we are looking at the underside of the second craft in the background.

Hopefully the VF-30ish Valkyrie is the default protagonist craft from episode one that gets upgrades in weapon pods and armor parts during the first half of the series and than switch to a completely new Valkyrie in the last third of the series. Sadly toy manufacturers don't seem to be the only sponsor for the show. :p

I love the blue color scheme of the Valkyrie in the foreground (yay Max). On the other hand the preview pictures of Frontier also showed a white VF-25 with blue highlights so that might be something that gets changed for the show.

If the craft in the background is a Variable Fighter that only has a single exhaust nozzle (that splits into two parts for the Gerwalk-/Battroid-Mode) it would be a welcome change in the VF design. Hopefully we get a DX Chogokin toy out of it. I'm pessimistic about that since it might be the craft of the main antagonist and we know how much Japan hates making merchandise based on them. :D

Edited by Scyla

a centralled managed fold armament system supplying to the valks would be quite interesting....although in such respects i would expect them to go down the drone path too....

is it possible we would see transforming and merging valks? like the old alpha-beta configurations of mospeada...

Or a form of swarm drones, like man-made autonomous artificial Vajra akin to Buster Machine 7 from Diebuster.....oops. IMO the cumulation of Vajra technology is to make an army of autonomous drones or at least able to be centrally controlled from a single point using fold waves.

No....no merging valks. Otherwise we'll get Aquarion. I won't mind a merging Macross fleet that merges all their power sources to form a giant macross cannon of sorts though.

yes definitely the fighter in the foreground has strong 19 & 30 design influences. The other plane is an odd one.. like its been dug out from the past. Interesting to see if it transforms or not as it seems to only have a single engine mounted centrally and that kinda doesn't work so well with the whole Valkyrie thing.. Looks like it has a cockpit too, in a similar fashion to a YF-21 & VF-27 shielded canopy's.. Especially with those red lights surrounding it. That whole area just looks too busy for it not to be.

well this is certainly exciting!

Edited by spanner76

Can someone explain to me where you get the YF-19 vibe from?

The forward swept wings, the upwards turned canards, the dorsal spine, the canopy shape (especially the bottom edge of the canopy frame), the way the engines/lower legs sit partially above the main body of the plane.

I'm very curious as to why Kawamori-san obviously used the Saab Draken as his inspiration for the plane in the background, given that the Draken is an old design dating from the mid-1950s.

When he has previously used real world influences in his VF designs, Kawamori has in the past used more contemporary planes as his inspiration.

Unless.............I remember reading somewhere (maybe it was a post in these forums), that Tenjin may be designing some of the mecha for Delta. Perhaps that Draken-esq mecha is a Tenjin original? Just a theory.

Graham

The forward swept wings, the upwards turned canards, the dorsal spine, the canopy shape (especially the bottom edge of the canopy frame), the way the engines/lower legs sit partially above the main body of the plane.

I'm sorry I don't seem forward swept wings. To me it looks more like the wings on the Firefox where the angle of the wing tips is less steep than on the rest of the wing:

MiG-31_Firefox.jpg

The spine an canards look like the YF-30 to me. The canards are less pronounced and not at an angle like on the promo image but they are at the same position where the YF-19 has them behind the cockpit in the main spine. The engines look also more like the YF-30 because they are missing the tail fins an the shoulder pauldrons.