Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

「撃墜せよ」 is "shoot it down."

From Oct the 29th noon, the press release for the new one is streamed (by Niconico, according to the logo.)

Edited by antibiotictab

So it this image showing a VF-30 or not? ^_^ It looks like the YF-30 airframe to me.

All Japan Model and Hobby Show is held tomorrow. Ah, "Today." It's already Sep 25 in Japan.

Of course I have no idea where this board is indicated at the venue, but it would probably be the official announcement. This opportunity will be a good promotion to sell the new Macross plamodels. There are the many future customers at Tokyo Big Sight.

And the Macross plamodel symposium is held on Saturday there. May be some new news? I don't know.

Its announcing a Nico Nico live stream of discussion of the new show on Oct 29.

No, it is NOT revealing the premiere or number of episodes or anything like that.

I guess it's press junket-time.

I'll check it out, but to be honest I never quite got into the new Frontier Valk aesthetics, which put me off to the point I couldn't finish watching the series. Maybe it's because the whole visual style of Frontier is in tune with current anime which is marketed for the new generation anyway. So if they keep pushing the current designs in Delta (which makes sense from a commercial standpoint), chances are I won't be collecting that line either unless the story is really good. The good side is I can save that money to keep up with the older stuff :)

And the Macross plamodel symposium is held on Saturday there. May be some new news? I don't know.

And Shoji Kawamori appears in the symposium, the official site says. It was released suddenly yesterday.

http://macross.jp/news/?id=74 (Japanese)

It's just my humble opinion, but the requirements would be satisfied.

Edited by antibiotictab

macross-5.jpg

Hmmm.. the Valk in the foreground certainly looks like a 19, you can just make out the forward canards and the long curved spine section is also visible. But the vertical stabilizers root much further outward and also angle inwards.. Even if this was the case and its a modded or alternate version of the 19 (bespoke to a certain colony fleet) im not so sure I like those design changes.. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Its a tricky one cos it even has lines that resemble a 30.. as seen from a similar angle in the photo below.. Photo is courtesy of No3ljm.

Again the vertical stabilizers angle is different and the wings do look like they point in a forward direction.. could be an optical illusion though..

IMG_6646_zpsb0320c40.jpg

The plane or what ever it is in the background does kinda resemble a 27 but what looks like one of the wings outer section where the engine should be mounted is missing the exhaust nozzle..?

To the left of the picture you can sorta make out a cockpit canopy but the image is just too blurred to see exactly. Heck it could be anything!?

Edited by spanner76

Finally! something new about this.

This image helped me to see the two valkyries:

RqTGSuO.png

The front valkyrie seems to have forward swept wings but it doesn't look like a VF-19 or 29 to me and it doesn't look like a YF-30 either, so maybe it's a completely new design. The one at the top could be a VF-27 but it looks like a type of ghost to me, or maybe I'm seeing things because the angle and the quality of the image don't help.

Anyway, I can't wait for the live stream which hopefully I'll be able to watch, it'll be on Oct 29 12 pm right?

Edited by Dash

Hmmm.. the Valk in the foreground certainly looks like a 19, you can just make out the forward canards and the long curved spine section is also visible. But the vertical stabilizers root much further outward and also angle inwards.. Even if this was the case and its a modded or alternate version of the 19 (bespoke to a certain colony fleet) im not so sure I like those design changes.. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Its a tricky one cos it even has lines that resemble a 30.. as seen from a similar angle in the photo below.. Photo is courtesy of No3ljm.

Again the vertical stabilizers angle is different and the wings do look like they point in a forward direction.. could be an optical illusion though..

*snip*

The plane or what ever it is in the background does kinda resemble a 27 but what looks like one of the wings outer section where the engine should be mounted is missing the exhaust nozzle..?

To the left of the picture you can sorta make out a cockpit canopy but the image is just too blurred to see exactly. Heck it could be anything!?

A forward swept winged YF-30. That wold be awesome. ;) But I kind of got tired now of the Frontier wing folded backpacks. :unsure:

even if the Valk in the foreground is a new design, from that angle is does look somewhat conservative..

A forward swept winged YF-30. That wold be awesome. ;) But I kind of got tired now of the Frontier wing folded backpacks. :unsure:

hmmm... yeah maybe... Just trying to picture it in my head but can't quite see that happening.. Being a big fan of Delta winged jets, I rather like the layout of the 30 and to be honest wouldn't want to see it change.

But hey im no aircraft designer and if they did design a forward swept variant of the 30 then im sure it will look cool! Going back to the first time I saw a VF-25 I never imagined it with a forward swept wing design but the YF-29 came out pretty good! so yeah anything is possible!

I'd much rather see a 100% whole new design rather than hack of an existing one.. keep it fresh you know what im sayin!? new series, new Valk! booyah! :D

Is it going to be called "Delta"? ... :ph34r::p

I love the deliberately vague art!

It reminds me of the flyby silhouette of the VF-27 during the opening credits of Frontier and the speculation that caused.

We are not allowed to know until the time is right B))

Edited by Zinjo

Sure, it will be the VF-39.... :rolleyes: Then we'll see the VF-49, the VF-59 and so on and so on...

Gimme the SW-XA1 Schneeblume and the SW-XAII Schneegans!!! I can dream can't I? ;)

even if the Valk in the foreground is a new design, from that angle is does look somewhat conservative..

hmmm... yeah maybe... Just trying to picture it in my head but can't quite see that happening.. Being a big fan of Delta winged jets, I rather like the layout of the 30 and to be honest wouldn't want to see it change.

But hey im no aircraft designer and if they did design a forward swept variant of the 30 then im sure it will look cool! Going back to the first time I saw a VF-25 I never imagined it with a forward swept wing design but the YF-29 came out pretty good! so yeah anything is possible!

I'd much rather see a 100% whole new design rather than hack of an existing one.. keep it fresh you know what im sayin!? new series, new Valk! booyah! :D

Sure, it will be the VF-39.... :rolleyes: Then we'll see the VF-49, the VF-59 and so on and so on...

Gimme the SW-XA1 Schneeblume and the SW-XAII Schneegans!!! I can dream can't I? ;)

It made me think on the front swept wing thingy. What if a YF-30 with a Y/VF-19 wing configuration that ends up the wings on the hips instead of folding it to the backpack? ;)