Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

I wouldn't mind seeing a reappearance of a previous Valkyrie, but I'm really hoping we get at least a couple new designs. I'm not a huge fan of the YF-30 but I could see it being used in some capacity, I just hope we don't start seeing the VF-xx1 becoming a trend. It'd get awfully boring if every new Macross series just created cannon fodder versions of the previous hero Valk. VF-251, VF-301, etc.

So we're gonna argue over M7 being great or terrible on this thread too😡

Sheesh..

It all comes down to personal taste-so everyone is right😅

Onto the Dealta(?) Topic..

Ya , I hope there's a continuation of innovation along the story line. Granted the main viewing audience (they write the show for) are Japanese teenagers. But every generation teenagers are evolving more&more.

I won't be surprised to see vf-25's , vf-29's & 30's in the new series. Most definitely modified / upgraded.

I think we will see new Vaks& I'm excitedl to see what the "bad guys" Mecha look like too.

All I greall want to know, at this point is when do I get to see it?

In like 18 months?

I wouldn't mind seeing a reappearance of a previous Valkyrie, but I'm really hoping we get at least a couple new designs. I'm not a huge fan of the YF-30 but I could see it being used in some capacity, I just hope we don't start seeing the VF-xx1 becoming a trend. It'd get awfully boring if every new Macross series just created cannon fodder versions of the previous hero Valk. VF-251, VF-301, etc.

I totally disagree. I love what they did with the VF-17 becoming the VF-171. In that example, it's not just the same valk with a different number. There are numerous design elements that were tweaked and I think the 171 is preferable to the 17. From a practical standpoint, it also gives toy manufacturers a reason to pursue making toys out of vehicles that previously didn't get much love. Would we have ever gotten a sweet VF-11B toy from Yamato if they didn't also have the opportunity to make the VF-11C from Macross7? I doubt it. So either rehashing a previous design for cannon fodder duty or doing a slight revision with some plot macguffin to give heroic paint schemes both get big thumbs up from me. Bring on the VF-211 (yeah, that's not gonna happen).

New Valks are all good and fine, but none of that will mean a damned thing if the storyline sucks. When SDFM came out, it was 36 episodes and all we had were variants of the VF-1 and we got through that just fine. Why? Because the storyline was great. (To me at least)

This is taking place, when, 2067? That's only 8 years after Frontier, so while I expect we'll see new Valks, I'm also expecting to see a lot of what came before, the VF-25's were just being put into service around the time of Frontier if I remember correctly.

I think I'm on the same page as Jenius, seeing a revamped version of an earlier fighter as the cannon fodder unit would be fine, while seeing an all new hero mech would be also cool. Honestly there is one grip I have about most of the Frontier designs, and that is the excessive amount of kibble on the back, I get that they were CG models, and those have to ascribe to the laws of physics, but the increasing amount of stuff hanging off the back almost makes them feel like shellformers. The VF-25 and YF-30 aren't so bad, but the VF-27 and YF-29 are just excessive. I'd like to see the new Variable fighters go back to the roots, where battroid mode is designed to be a ground combat mode, and that means it has to be able to maneuver on the ground which those big wings sticking off the back would make it hard to do.

I'd also like to see more of the giant sized Zentradi, both as allies and enemies. That particular couple of episodes really stuck with me from frontier, and it would give the Zentradi mechs more screen time, which means more promising toy fodder.

i would love if the YF-30 became the VF-30 cannon fodder valk and we get an all new hero valk...something completely different. all the frontier designs feel derivative not only n transformation but stylistically (not including the reused vf-17 to vf-171 update).

i do agree that a good story is necessary. frontier kinda felt like SDFM light redux but not nearly as good. i want to see a slightly more grown up series sort of in the same vane as say....BSG with more serious themes etc. but also keep it feeling very macross. remember the tweens and teens that saw frontier are now late teens and early 20 somethings.

I think a CF 30 is a brilliant idea.

Or maybe not as a CF valk, but definitely not the Hero mech. The YF-30 seems like it's more of a bomber or attacker than a fighter. It should have been the YA-30, instead...

Um... why is he eating a dead leaf?

CF-30? If it has the fold quartz built in, that'd make it the most expensive CF yet. Consider the uprated engines, beam cannon, missile bank, fold quartz and so on. That would be a very large Emigration Fleet or wealthy planet to afford that.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the CF Valkyrie be a tweaked 25.

i do agree that a good story is necessary. frontier kinda felt like SDFM light redux but not nearly as good. i want to see a slightly more grown up series sort of in the same vane as say....BSG with more serious themes etc. but also keep it feeling very macross. remember the tweens and teens that saw frontier are now late teens and early 20 somethings.

I... don't really see Macross going in that direction, at least not in a series. Maybe a gritty hip hop OVA? Now that I mentioned it I really kind of want one. On that note, for the series I'd really like to know if Yoko Kanno is doing the music again or if they're switching up the music genre to any extent.

Its not Macross but as far as an example of a BSG-esque mecha series you may want to check out Knights of Sidonia.

I... don't really see Macross going in that direction, at least not in a series. Maybe a gritty hip hop OVA? Now that I mentioned it I really kind of want one. On that note, for the series I'd really like to know if Yoko Kanno is doing the music again or if they're switching up the music genre to any extent.

Its not Macross but as far as an example of a BSG-esque mecha series you may want to check out Knights of Sidonia.

^^ Yes, this, all of it.

So, yeah, I just looked up babymetal, and that is weird. I mean it's not bad, but it's odd. It sounds like you've got slayer or cannibal corpse going in the background, but with happy J-pop style vocals, it's just a strange juxtaposition of musical styles...

You know you want it.

You know, I wouldn't be unhappy with it. It'll take some getting used to, but hey, Ranka and Sheryl grew on me so... Still Babymetal is a bit more my speed in terms of music, so I'll have an easier time of it...

You know, I wouldn't be unhappy with it. It'll take some getting used to, but hey, Ranka and Sheryl grew on me so... Still Babymetal is a bit more my speed in terms of music, so I'll have an easier time of it...

I think it's great that Macross is helping you to expand your horizons.

Um... why is he eating a dead leaf?

CF-30? If it has the fold quartz built in, that'd make it the most expensive CF yet. Consider the uprated engines, beam cannon, missile bank, fold quartz and so on. That would be a very large Emigration Fleet or wealthy planet to afford that.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the CF Valkyrie be a tweaked 25.

True but it could always be made into a cheaper variant without fold crystals.. something for close support rather than longer range missions.

Still holding out for a VF-191 or 19 variant! Caliburn anyone?

A great idea introducing evolutions of existing models but I doubt we'd ever see it with a 19..

Im surprised they chose the VF-17 to do this with.. the 171 is basically a stock gap till newer aircraft come along. Hornet to Super Hornet.. etc etc

Edited by spanner76

From the Macross Mecha Manual :

Designed from the YF-24 prototype, the Messiah was built as the potential successor to the VF-171 Nightmare Plus, the main variable fighter of the New UN Spacy still in active service as of 2059.

So I don't think you're going to see a "191" variant of the 171, therefore it's likely that the VF-25 will be the New UN Spacy main variable fighter.

Edited by Kyp Durron