Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

Or Hikaru if you go by the pachinko footage f^_^;)

I do wonder why they changed from Kaifun to Hikaru. Anyway, it freaked the Zentradi out a lot , I wonder what would happen if Zentradi watched Kenshiro destroying Giants in Fist of the North Star?

• 3 weeks later...

'New "Macross △ (tentative)" TV anime production

Auditions for the songstress (heroine) commences!

Release date 2015.04.04'

If I'm not mistaken, that release date is when the auditioning starts, not when the series is released. (Damn wasei eigo!)

If I'm not mistaken, that release date is when the auditioning starts, not when the series is released. (Damn wasei eigo!)

I believe it was mentioned earlier. 8000+ people applied. Out of that 8000+, they probably narrowed it down. Now I guess now we gotta thin the herd. By a lot more.

It's going to be a long time before we see this show. :(

If you are referring to the 8000 contestants. 7900 will be eliminated right off the bat. Out of the remaining 100 probably 10 or less will get to a third audition when a couple finalists will be selected. The writing and planning can continue without a lead VA singer chosen though a few final edits may be done to match his/her voice and personality.

So, to recap (since some people obviously havent been listening to SpeakerPODcast :-p)

-First round of auditions is over. Shortlisted applicants have been notified.

-Second round of auditions is (from memory) April 26.

-I said about two months back (and I forget whether it was in a forum or on the facebook group) that the earliest I expected any news come out would be APRIL 4.

This is because theres a Macross talkshow on that date.

Having said that, I'm not expecting much in the way of news because industry scuttlebut is that the show is still VERY EARLY in development.

We shall see this weekend I guess, but Im not holding my breath.

It's just been officially announced that the 8000 people who auditioned for Macross Delta have been narrowed down to a pool of 15 finalists.

Will be interesting to see how the number is further narrowed down from here. (or will it be?)

It's just been officially announced that the 8000 people who auditioned for Macross Delta have been narrowed down to a pool of 15 finalists.

Will be interesting to see how the number is further narrowed down from here. (or will it be?)

Probably narrow it down to the top 2 or 3, unless there's a clear choice. Too bad we won't be able to see Round 2 auditions. Even if we can't pick, it would be nice if to see how well the top 15 can hold a note.

Probably narrow it down to the top 2 or 3, unless there's a clear choice. Too bad we won't be able to see Round 2 auditions. Even if we can't pick, it would be nice if to see how well the top 15 can hold a note.

In Japan, is it more about the singing than the valks? Hmm

Why would Macross battle Gundam? Most of the money from both series goes into the same pockets, so it benefits them to capture different consumers.

Hahaha good point! But when your company's as big as bandai, you have to realize that in many "spaces", you're really only competing with yourself. Sure the company benefits as a whole, but corporate metrics aren't just about that ultimate bottom line; each division/department has to deliver. In a company as big as bandai, or coca cola, you can see that they often really compete with themselves in many "spaces".

• 2 weeks later...

So, to recap (since some people obviously havent been listening to SpeakerPODcast :-p)

-First round of auditions is over. Shortlisted applicants have been notified.

-Second round of auditions is (from memory) April 26.

-I said about two months back (and I forget whether it was in a forum or on the facebook group) that the earliest I expected any news come out would be APRIL 4.

This is because theres a Macross talkshow on that date.

Having said that, I'm not expecting much in the way of news because industry scuttlebut is that the show is still VERY EARLY in development.

We shall see this weekend I guess, but Im not holding my breath.

Hi, are there some news from the Macross talkshow?

Hi Oskull!

As expected, nothing worth reporting unfortunately, no.

There was a lot of talk about the idol audition process, but we still have yet to get a clarification of how to read the name. There were one or two vague hints dropped that I'll be covering on the next podcast.

• 3 weeks later...