Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

Mysteries add weight to a franchise. Look what happened when Lucas revealed the force is all just a bunch of bugs floating around in everyone's bodies. Kinda gross and also diminished the force itself as an enigma...

The real problem with that reveal was that nobody WANTED to have the force explained.

While I don't disagree with you, I think that having such a completely stupid explanation was also a problem.

At the risk of further derailing this thread, I'd like to add my two cents: Had they used the midichlorians as nothing more than an indicator as to a being's Force potential, instead of THE reason for said potential (the greater the Force affinity the greater the bug count, instead of the other way around) -- let alone the whole concept of these bacteria consciously, or by happenstance, impregnating a woman -- the whole idea would have been far less idiotic... and it would have preserved the metaphysical nature of The Force presented in the original trilogy.

Glad to hear this news. Hope it will turn out well.

Since the story will take place not too far from frontier, might as well use the vajra planet as the new idol home town. The now crashed frontier ship could be used as the new capital city or something, while people are still focusing on colonizing the other part of the planet.

I think 8 year is enough time for a 6-10 year old kid to grow up into a teenager on the planet. Either they come from the main ship or immigrant from another place.

Besides, planetary setting can be a good reason for plenty of aerial combat again :D.

But whatever the studio staffs are planning, looking forward to it.

Hopefully we also get a new VF. Or just previous ones with cool new customization is ok too.

Edited by valkyriechild

Glad to hear this news. Hope it will turn out well.
Since the story will take place not too far from frontier, might as well use the vajra planet as the new idol home town. The now crashed frontier ship could be used as the new capital city or something, while people are still focusing on colonizing the other part of the planet.

Island 1 did not crash, it landed, likely in some large body of water. All colony ships are capable of landing in the Macross universe. ;)

Edited by Zinjo

You'll probably always wonder, as it should be. ;)

Mysteries add weight to a franchise. Look what happened when Lucas revealed the force is all just a bunch of bugs floating around in everyone's bodies. Kinda gross and also diminished the force itself as an enigma...

Midichlorians diminishes the force as much as learning about photons diminishes the value happiness we receive from sunlight. Sci-fi comes in different flavors; there is speculative fiction/hard sci-fi e.g. Planetes, then there are works that just have a sci-fi setting and dedicate more to story e.g. Legend of the Galactic Heroes and then there are works that build upon a fictional science. FMA (which is a fantasy) has Alchemy with its own set of laws, Macross has Overtechnology and Robotech has Robotechnology. Star Wars is certainly no hard sci-fi, it focuses more on plot and only on rare occasions such as Midichlorians does it explain the science, specifically the biology, of the galaxy it is set in.

So anyways, I know the auditions for Delta just started. Any idea when we'd have an announcement who's the winner(s)?

Depends on how many submissions they got. Depends how fast they can screen them. It's like any interview process. Then come talks with the singer's agency, contracts, yadda yadda yadda. The official nod will probably come by Spring(?) by my guess, or at least the producers will know who they want by early next year, if not by next month. After that, it's just waiting for the official announcement.

While I don't disagree with you, I think that having such a completely stupid explanation was also a problem.

You are both right.

actually, I don't think we do. We've got an episode 7 thread and a toy thread, but no SW general thread.

If we are to only to discuss triangle, then we need to lock the thread, as we have no information yet.

Great, now tell me why the lightsabers knows how to stop at the length it does when it's on.

So anyways, I know the auditions for Delta just started. Any idea when we'd have an announcement who's the winner(s)?

We actually give some best-guess estimates on this, based on comments in the recent niconico audition special, in the latest Speakerpodcast recording. Hopefully Ill have it edited and posted soon.

In the first episode of Macross Delta, a strange small black hole appeared beside a colony planet started to grow bigger and bigger. Citizens of the colony planet started investigation. From that black hole a relatively big ship came out with unconscious humans and zentradi inside the ship. When some of the people inside the ship, started waking up, they recalled the last things that happened to them. Among the survivors is Hikaru and Misa's daughter. Through out the episodes will be flash backs and we are able to piece together what really happened with the Megaroad.

AH YEAH!!!

In the first episode of Macross Delta, a strange small black hole appeared beside a colony planet started to grow bigger and bigger. Citizens of the colony planet started investigation. From that black hole a relatively big ship came out with unconscious humans and zentradi inside the ship. When some of the people inside the ship, started waking up, they recalled the last things that happened to them. Among the survivors is Hikaru and Misa's daughter. Through out the episodes will be flash backs and we are able to piece together what really happened with the Megaroad.

AH YEAH!!!

Already a featured part of my excellent idea for the ultimate Macross sequel: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=30703&p=797540

Why are so many of you hung up on wanting Hikaru and Misa to appear again? They weren't exactly the most interesting characters in the franchise.

That is just crazy talk. Hikaru is cookie cutter but Misa is *the* most interesting character in all of Macross.

@ Gubaba - Your half robot half pre-teen girls sequel get the cake

and

@ Karaoke Ninja - the main character would be their daughter. Who are the most interesting characters in the franchise?

The great thing about Hikaru and Misa was their character development in the series.

We need a better antagonist faction in Delta this time around, maybe the real return of the Supervision Army. One that appears dominant, organized, and ready to kick ass.

Isn't it about time for the Robotech Masters to show up? I mean, they did the invid last season...

Isn't it about time for the Robotech Masters to show up? I mean, they did the invid last season...

LOL. I want a group that'll take the protagonist to the edge. I've been watching a lot of Yamato 2199 this week so I want a group like the Gamilan forces to oppose the SMS/ NUNS.