Macross Δ (Delta) - announcement thread

renegadeleader1

So we got a hacker who's namesake is the electronic warfare variant of the A-6 Intruder? Lol! :)

recap of names so far

Freyja Wion-named for civilan code for Rannai Airport in Indonesia

Migumo Guynemer-named for WWI ace Georges Guynemer

Kaname Buccaneer-named for Blackburn Buccaneer

Makina Nakajima- named for Japanese aircraft manufacturer from WWII

Reina Prowler-named for the EA-6B Prowler EW plane.

Are you sure about that first one...? How is it pronounced?

Because Freyja's surname is pronounced in de jaamen vay... "Vee-on."

Yeah... the first one is not like the others... I'm guessing the reference is still alluding.

Also, an emotionless hacker girl? I'm guessing we're in for the most formulaic Macross yet.

Enh, people said the same thing about Frontier. I'm not worried. Yet.

Reina Prowler

15/y/o. Member of Walkure. Hacker. Doesn't talk much. Shows little in the way of emotions.

she looks like she is wearing a headphone belt to match her headphones!

i think kaname (the leader) is the only one with a single 'circle' belt. Am still wondering if those 'circle' belts do anything.

Yeah... the first one is not like the others... I'm guessing the reference is still alluding.

Also, an emotionless hacker girl? I'm guessing we're in for the most formulaic Macross yet.

Ever since Frontier cyborgs are a thing. My speculation here Reina Prowler may be an android.

We know in Macross Plus and that drama CD with Luca making AI with AIF-8X that is possible to have AI based on human personalities. It is also what is hinted with Grace and Galaxy Anonymous hivemind.

Her not having much emotions may indicate she is a pure AI.

Remember back in Macross Plus humanity was excited with the possibility of creating a sentient and sapient AI. Just that Marge cheated with illegal use of bio-neural chips and using Myung as basis. Bio-neural chips gave the X-9 an extra edge by giving it a survival instinct.

One of Luca's Ghosts, whom he cared for, sacrificed itself despite self preservation instinct.

Edited by RedWolf

just a few more weeks!!! =)

so... is the number 1 macross fan like the stig from top gear? XD

really like the character designs and even the names but i wish they'd release more info on the valks! how does that draken transform, and will it rock in g mode?!

Ugh. So 22 is the oldest we get. Okay, I suppose I can live with that. :p

On another note, I found this regarding Wion: variant spelling of Vian, a short form of the medieval personal name Vivianus (from Latin, meaning ‘lively’).

This makes sense seeing at how.... bubbly and hyper she looks (and probably acts) :D

Of course the guy with the Yuki Nagato avatar likes the emotionless hacker... :p

LOL Nagato, the fan of all emo/goth/quiet types. :p:)

Sorry that I don't post often here. I'm more comfortable just quietly observing but, since there has been talk of androids, I wanted to add that I think Guynemer might be the android of the group, and not Prowler. She wasn't listed as having an age (that I noticed) and her past is "shrouded in mystery"... Plus, there's the issue of her hair turning into what looks like blades. Perhaps not an android, but I think she'll be an exceedingly interesting character. We shall see!

Sorry that I don't post often here. I'm more comfortable just quietly observing but, since there has been talk of androids, I wanted to add that I think Guynemer might be the android of the group, and not Prowler. She wasn't listed as having an age (that I noticed) and her past is "shrouded in mystery"... Plus, there's the issue of her hair turning into what looks like blades. Perhaps not an android, but I think she'll be an exceedingly interesting character. We shall see!

Interesting theory! At the very least we know that Mikumo has some secrets - even her character bio notes how mysterious she is :-)

Robot singers? The Sentinels remake confirmed!

Nah, as Gubaba pointed out, we had a robot singer previously in Macross the Musiculture.

post-9325-0-43670400-1450076078.jpg

Well... they have earthly names so.... the Alien origin is almost discarded. Right?

Graham Hoiley. Maria Vazquez Hoiley, Liza Hoiley, Elma Hoiley, Laurence... Zolans with Human names.

Given the ideals of the Kingdom of Wind is similar to the Anti-UN according to Shoji Kawamori's Forbes interview they are a group that values independence from the NUN.

They also have VF tech. I can only assume Earth attempted an uplift but once KoW got their tech they went militant.

There is also the blurb the Var syndrome is a plague that causes aggression. So it could be related. The NUN deploying musical tactic squads to counter the Var syndrome.

Plus also note Macross Delta is set at the outer rim not the core region like Macross 7 and Frontier. Closer to Earth and in the outer rim is where Zola was found. So it can be surmised Protoculture seeding during the civil war was as far away from Protoculture territory in the core region.

Warning, sarcasm!

What! There are no triangles in Macross! Certainly no love triangles!

Now if only BE would do something about getting this to the States.

If you are referring to Bandai Entertainment fugettaboutit I thought they would try bringing Frontier over, but that didn't happen and they are no longer in business in North America

I'm sure there'll be a female character older than 22. Just not any of the idols

(What's the average age for idols anyway?)

Mid-teens. So 22y/o is pretty darn old for an idol by Japanese standards. Not unheard of by certainly an outlier.

Edited by Tochiro

Haha, it's the Japanese netizens doing their usual thing. Lots of talk of pandering, characters with no impact... there's even a couple of "SEVEN DID IT!!" posts!! :lol:

Looks like Delta is getting a rather tepid response overall, but many are indeed saying they will reserve judgement until the end of the month when the episode is released.

Guest davidwhangchoi

:lol: I know, I'm old. I just need to accept it and enjoy the show and characters. YAK DECULTURE!!!

if they ever show Minmay, Misa or Sheryl as an old hag, it'd be a tragedy!

(well Misa was kinda old... :lol: )

Guest davidwhangchoi

if they ever show Minmay, Misa or Sheryl as an old hag, it'd be a tragedy!

(well Misa was kinda old... :lol: )

Flashback 2012 B))

Old? Misa was 19 y/o during the events of Macross, 3 years younger than the oldest member of Walkure.

Ah yes, nothing says genuine manliness like long blue hair and a hariclip

That is trivial In the post Alto Saotome and Bobby Margot galaxy we are in.

Aside from the huge amount of fangirls the Aerial Knights might generate, in the context of the show I have doubts people should be really rooting for them. In fact, with all of the promotional material focused on either the Walküre and Aerial Knights so far, I have a feeling the staff has been keeping a third group, maybe whoever pilots the 31s, a secret because it would be a twist game changer in the setting. He and the Zolan girl from the preview may be part of it.