I really hope

there are a ton of out-takes of those guys trying to get out of that Bug.

But those two "Falcon-Bucky in the Bug" moments we did get were perfect!

Edited by Mog

Well that was fun.

I have to say that my enjoyment of the film, and consequently the lot of these Marvel movies, is limited by the knowledge that none of the combating Avengers is ever really going to be in any sort of REAL danger; it's all play fighting, about as consequential as a youth karate class in a strip mall, and it dampened my enjoyment of THAT FIGHT. But it is a comic book movie and not Saving Private Ryan-I get that.

Regardless, the story is highly entertaining and there was a respectable manipulation of the heartstrings as we listen to everyone's pain. Ultimately this is a great addition to the Marvel movie lineup. Can they do any wrong?

Oh BTW DC, this is how you do a superhero team up movie.

And finally, Elizabeth O is frakking beautiful. If she were a cupcake I'd eat her whole and the wrapper too...

Edited by myk

it was a fun movie....maybe too fun, i can't remember laughing so much in a fight scene, and that right there is a problem. There are no stakes or sense of a danger. Bvs could have used a lighter touch but civil war could have darkened up a bit. Imo winter soldier is better at taking itself more seriously. This is a fun ride and everyone was great and "fun" especially spider-man and ant-man. lol FUN is the best word i could use to quickly describe it. There are certainly things that it is not tho. Cant say yet how it tops other marvel movies, need to digest.

it was a fun movie....maybe too fun, i can't remember laughing so much in a fight scene, and that right there is a problem. There are no stakes or sense of a danger. Bvs could have used a lighter touch but civil war could have darkened up a bit. Imo winter soldier is better at taking itself more seriously. This is a fun ride and everyone was great and "fun" especially spider-man and ant-man. lol FUN is the best word i could use to quickly describe it. There are certainly things that it is not tho. Cant say yet how it tops other marvel movies, need to digest.

Well said, brother. My sentiments exactly. Also, I agree that Winter Soldier was just the right shade of Darkness and humor...

I was worried about this too during that fun scene you're talking about, but once that is past things get even more serious later, so I thought that was a good balance and a nice change of pace cuz the film as a whole might have been a little too dark otherwise. For a mainstream audience that is

Edited by Raptor One

Saw it last night and liked it, but, I don't get the unabashed love it's getting. Spider-Man and Black Panther are fantastic and the Airport scene was cool. But, the fights at the beginning where that sloppy shaky cam, quick cut edits that everyone complained about before in other movies,but now everyone seems to be fine with it? A few of the characters really seemed to prove Starks point too, IMO, about not accepting responsibility for their actions....it was really pissing me off too, it's a personal peeve of mine. I also didn't care for how it was left in the end. Certainly an imbalance in the "Teams" I agree that I think the Villan I this one is actually one of the better villa a in the MCU. I understood him. While I disagreed with his actions what he said to BP at the end was something I said about the Avengers years ago in the when Daredevil came out, and really....he was proven right when you see how the movie ends and the state of the "teams."

I honestly think that because BvS was such a let down for most, this one is getting a pass for it's flaws. It's greatest strength is that we know these characters so they feel like old friends and like what most do we then ignore or forgive it for it's flaws.

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It was a lot of fun, but I definately think people are seeing it with "Rose colored glasses" on. YMMV.

Edited by Dobber

Love the movie, best movie in the MCU with the Winter Soldier. I gave it an A, even if it has some minor issues. When Spidy showed up, all the audience shouted out of joy. Black Panther was also awesome.

The Empire Strikers Back reference was awesome, I was really laughing when it was mentioned. Another TESB reference, when Black Panther sneaked behind Tony to Siberia, the same with when Boba Fett sneaking behind the Falcon to Cloud City.

Edited by Black Valkyrie

I got a chance (made a chance, against all good judgement, because I don't have the time) to see Cap tonight. It was alright but I'm not as warm and fuzzy about it as others have been.

The Russo's claim they had Spider-Man in mind the entire time and the movie couldn't have been done without him but that's patently false.
The entire interaction with Tony makes no sense, there's no reason how or why Stark would know about Spider-Man or that it was
really Peter Parker. And flying off from Germany to ship him to Germany and back makes little sense either. And very little of the fight scene
would have had to change if he weren't there anyway.

Also, there just weren't stakes in that fight. I suppose they did mention it several times during the fight itself, which made Rhodey's hit at the end
make a bigger impact. It did get very silent in the auditorium, I even heard many people gasp, upon his impact. Actually, showing all systems die
and only seeing the bit of spinning sky from the two eye holes was a pretty great, and horrific, sight to see.

The other thing about that big fight I didn't like is that they all conveniently knew to head to the airport in Germany. Cap, Falcon and Bucky going there makes sense.
But Hawkeye in the van with Wanda and Ant-Man? Weren't they all coming over from The US anyway? They could have met in Russia instead. Why did they need that van again...
except to have that funny interaction between Scott and Steve, actually, that was the ONLY reason to have that scene because meeting in Germany in a car in a parking garage makes
zero sense when half of your team is being recruited from another country and doesn't need to travel to city where the other half of the team is already being hunted. Also Vision just
popping up in Germany as well?.. It's like they all decided the fight was going to happen in Germany before any of the characters knew it was going to happen, the script demanded a fight
there so they made it happen. It ruined that stand-off for me.

I feel like the different action scenes were done by different people. Why the shaky cam in the first action sequence? I loved the choreography but
f.u.c.k. shaky cam, it ruined the sequence for me.

I don't feel like Vision would have gone along with Tony's side and his use as a babysitter for Wanda was a bit weird. At best he would have seen
that both sides had valid arguments and would have sat out, except to ensure Wanda's survival as it's clear he likes her. He almost did in the airport scene
and I imagine they didn't use him much because he's goddam overpowered.

I already read spoiler reviews, etc, because I like to try to really follow plot threads and specifically to track complaints other people have about movies.
Most times, I've found, people have complaints that are actually explained at some point in the film and they just missed it. In terms of Zemo getting Iron Man and Cap
to meet in Siberia, yeah, total plot convenience.

Edited by Mommar

Peter Parker's inclusion felt tacked on to me as well. I forgave them because his involvement in THAT scene made it that much more entertaining and hell, I don't even like Spider-man...